Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3239404142

Thread: Every day is a new circus.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,018 Times in 2,024 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    (Barbarian notes that Trump was criticizing Warren for claiming to have had an Indian ancestor. Even offered to pay money if it could be substantiated)

So then when a genetic test proved it, he quickly dodged and changed the story to "she said she was a member of the tribe."

It's what we expect from Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    how dare you use reason and rationality to examine what's supposed to be a trump bashing free for all
    He brought that one on himself. Meantime, do us a favor and substantiate the rumors being peddled here.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,688 Times in 6,447 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    (Barbarian notes that Trump was criticizing Warren for claiming to have had an Indian ancestor.
    a quote from trump?

So then when a genetic test proved it, he quickly dodged and changed the story to "she said she was a member of the tribe."
    link?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

glorydaz (December 28th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    a quote from trump?
    link?
    Trump said he would give $1 million to charity if Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test. Now she wants him to pay up

Three months ago, President Donald Trump offered to donate $1 million to charity if Elizabeth Warren, one of his potential 2020 rivals, took a DNA test proving her Native American heritage.

Now Warren wants the president to pay up.

The president does not appear to be in a hurry. Asked about the results of the DNA test Monday morning, Trump told reporters: "Who cares?"

Trump told reporters later Monday afternoon that his bet only applied if Warren won the Democratic nomination.

"I'll only do it if I can test her personally," the president added. "That will not be something I will enjoy."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/15/eliz...ty-pledge.html
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And here we go...

While investigating if Russia colluded with the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election, Special Counsel Robert Mueller and his team have obtained a mysterious “nude selfie.”

At least that’s according to a court filing by Concord Management and Consulting, an alleged Russian state-controlled troll farm which has been indicted as part of the investigation.

In their motion, Concord Management claim Mueller and his team are unlawfully keeping “millions of pages” of evidence – including the lewd photo – as part of the discovery process.

Mueller is arguing the evidence should only be shared with the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia regarding “because the additional information is classified for reasons of national security.”

In his discovery filing, Concord Management lawyer Eric Dubelier had a response to that notion. “Could the manner in which he collected a nude selfie really threaten the national security of the United States?” he asked.

It’s not clear where the alleged nude picture came from, who had taken it, or who it depicts. However, based on the language used by both parties, it may be of someone in a top office.

Concord Management is accused of conspiring against the U.S. by using fake social media trolls to “sow discord” in the country during the election process.

http://www.realclearlife.com/politic...-russian-firm/

So maybe Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump? If so, I can understand why they'd be reluctant to release it. Tens of millions of scorched eyeballs...

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    [B]US Senate candidate proposes arming homeless people with shotguns
    LOL
    That's scary in some ways, but also awesome in others.

Go ahead and give the poor weapons and then you'll see how God really works

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,688 Times in 6,447 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    This might be the nugget around the whole matter.

I have been speaking to these "her claims" that were found out. That they were discovered by groups with nefarious agendas is not really at issue for me. Rather I am trying to understand the motive(s) underlying the self-identification claim in the first place, especially when she goes to the length of checking a racial group box in a legal directory. I do not know the factuality of that event, but if it is true, and I assumed it to be so, I am wondering, aloud here, what is reason behind this action? I do think it bears some scrutiny as it seems to be at the root of the brouhaha that has resulted.

The action may very well have been with the best or sentimental intentions, "This one's for you, Grandma." I do not know.

AMR

breaking news:

The Washington Post reported Tuesday that Warren (D-Mass.) indicated that her race was "American Indian" in a handwritten registration form filed in 1986 with the Texas State Bar. The revelation is the first known instance of Warren claiming Native American ancestry in an official document or in her own handwriting.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/02/...s-2020-primary

Thread Information