Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,446 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    If Trump was obligated to do everything he could to give Putin control over the United States, is there anything he'd do differently?
    Bingo! THAT is exactly what is going on ...
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (June 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post

His being able to see Kin and sit down and talk was a good move out of so many bad ones
    It's easy for folks who dislike a leader to ignore that leader's good moves, a kind of momentum.

But I do hope that President Trump's meeting with North-Korean-Kim will turn out for the better. Democrats have surely got to admit that if President Obama had held this meeting that they might see it differently.

.... and I hope that he does go ahead with his suggestion for a Federal repeal of the marijuana laws.

If these moves become two successes, then fair enough..... and this alone might win his second term of office..... it could.....

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,653 Times in 2,730 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Bingo! THAT is exactly what is going on ...
    Personally, I don't view that as being what Trump is up to.

Rather, his long over blown narcissism and profound greed has rendered him completely blind to the dangers he is playing with.

It is this that has us reacting to just about everything he says and does as if we are observing a child too soon confident in itself, and as a result, completely oblivious to the fact that it is actually wearing its' right shoe on its' left foot; its' left shoe, on its' right.

THIS is what MUCH of the man's many -mis-words and mis-deeds far too often manifest.

Trump merely ever being, Trump.

Kind of like how, although the late fool of a Mob Boss: John Gotti, could not but end up exposing La Cosa Nostra to even more danger for them at the hands of Law Enforcement, that had not been what Gotti had wanted.

For he certainly threatened and bribed plenty a jury member to his freedom each time he'd find himself facing prison.

What brought him down in the end? What brought down many of his own with him?

His profound dishonesty to himself about himself, due to his equally profound narcissism.

Each time he'd screw up, he'd blame anyone but himself.

And each time he would beat Law Enforcement through his corrupt means, he would repeatedly make an open show of it.

A huge fopaux, within the world of Organized Crime. They were actually already set to take him out, as a result.

Because there is a callousness that kind of self-dishonesty and massive ego issue results in - that then results in all sorts of mis-steps that greatly impacts all concerned.

A callousness that renders its fool no longer able to see the catastrophe he is heading himself and his towards.

I sincerely doubt Trump wants to sell out his country.

Nevertheless, the result is the same.

He can't help himself at this point.

And only the ever mis-informed as to the processes behind being able to read another's personality profile without having to deal with them personally, take issue with the idea.

Not surprisingly, such then turn around and read all sorts of self-delusions into their false idol.

There is no reasoning with such.
    Last edited by Danoh; June 13th, 2018 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks
    Thanked 7,930 Times in 4,435 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From day to day, truth moves around for this guy. Kim already got what he wants from the meeting. Trump is delusional if he thinks that praising the crime family running North Korea will help anyone living there who isn't part of Kim's circle, or that Kim will give up his nuclear force that threatens us.
    We already know Trump is delusional, so that's where we're at.
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have the same constitutional cover as other law enforcement people. They are, according to the Supreme Court, legally able to lie to you about your rights in order to get you to waive them.
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    I share your concerns about the police. But I'm talking about Border Patrol asking for documents outside their 100 miles from the border limits.
    The following refers to BP activity where they routinely flout the law within the 100-mile zone :

For instance, Border Patrol claims the authority to operate immigration checkpoints. Agents, nevertheless, cannot pull anyone over without "reasonable suspicion" of an immigration violation or crime (more than just a "hunch"). Similarly, courts have determined that outside of Ports of Entry [Border Patrol cannot search vehicles in the 100-mile zone without a warrant or "probable cause" (a reasonable belief, based on the circumstances, that an immigration violation or crime has occurred).

Outside the 100-mile zone, how is the act of boarding Greyhound buses to ask for documentation anything other than unconstitutional?

https://www.aclu.org/other/aclu-fact...-100-mile-zone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,382 Times in 1,652 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The following refers to BP activity where they routinely flout the law within the 100-mile zone :

For instance, Border Patrol claims the authority to operate immigration checkpoints. Agents, nevertheless, cannot pull anyone over without "reasonable suspicion" of an immigration violation or crime (more than just a "hunch"). Similarly, courts have determined that outside of Ports of Entry [Border Patrol cannot search vehicles in the 100-mile zone without a warrant or "probable cause" (a reasonable belief, based on the circumstances, that an immigration violation or crime has occurred).

Outside the 100-mile zone, how is the act of boarding Greyhound buses to ask for documentation anything other than unconstitutional?
    It's completely unconstitutional. But as I said, courts have ruled that law enforcement agents have the right to lie to you in order to get you to waive your rights. It is, BTW, a crime for you to lie to a federal official about anything at all.

That's the country in which we live. It's up to each of us to affirm our rights. This woman did something very brave but very dangerous. The good part of this is that her loud and public assertion of the rights of everyone on that bus was negative reinforcement; those agents will be a little less likely to go through that kind of public calling-out again.

The ubiquity of video cameras out there make them a little more cautious about abusing people. Not all of them do this kind of thing. But being exposed and embarrassed is a good thing, albeit personally risky.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 13th, 2018),Arthur Brain (June 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's completely unconstitutional. But as I said, courts have ruled that law enforcement agents have the right to lie to you in order to get you to waive your rights. It is, BTW, a crime for you to lie to a federal official about anything at all.

That's the country in which we live. It's up to each of us to affirm our rights. This woman did something very brave but very dangerous. The good part of this is that her loud and public assertion of the rights of everyone on that bus was negative reinforcement; those agents will be a little less likely to go through that kind of public calling-out again.

The ubiquity of video cameras out there make them a little more cautious about abusing people. Not all of them do this kind of thing. But being exposed and embarrassed is a good thing, albeit personally risky.
    Completely agree. I've been elsewhere and seen rabid right-wingers wave the 2nd amendment around all over the place claiming their rights - while throwing the rest of the Constitution out the window without a backwards glance (and without apology) when they want to limit the freedoms of people they don't like, whether because of their color, their religion or their politics.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Completely agree. I've been elsewhere and seen rabid right-wingers wave the 2nd amendment around all over the place claiming their rights - while throwing the rest of the Constitution out the window without a backwards glance (and without apology) when they want to limit the freedoms of people they don't like, whether because of their color, their religion or their politics.
    It is very hard for some people to realize that if people they don't like lose their rights, they will also lose the rights they care about.

This is true of the 2nd Amendment also. And yes, just as religious freedom doesn't include forcing one's religious beliefs on others, so does the 2nd Amendment not include putting others in danger from reckless use of weapons.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dennis Hof, a famed pimp who owns multiple legal brothels in Nevada, won a Republican primary for the state Legislature on Tuesday, ABC News reports.

Hof, who ousted three-term lawmaker James Oscarson to win the nomination, will face Democrat Lesia Romanov in November.

According to the Associated Press, Hof, the star of the HBO adult reality series Cathouse, will be the favored candidate in the Republican-leaning district.

Hof, who bills himself as the “Trump of Pahrump” (a town in Nevada), attributes his surprising win in part to President Donald Trump.

“It’s all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me,” Hof told the Associated Press. “He found the way, and I jumped on it.”

Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Dennis Hof, a famed pimp who owns multiple legal brothels in Nevada, won a Republican primary for the state Legislature on Tuesday, ABC News reports.

“It’s all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me,” Hof told the Associated Press. “He found the way, and I jumped on it.”

So now, it's not just the workers, it's management moving in.

Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You went there? This is very disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 4,073 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    You went there? This is very disappointing
    Have you ever considered using that last sentence as a lead in to every post you make?

Meanwhile, it's not surprising that the guy who famously said where he'd grab a woman has paved the way for men using it as a power grab, or a purse.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

intojoy (June 14th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,653 Times in 2,730 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You're a bit late with that comment, Trump himself was "Management," remember?

By the way, here is somewhat of an astute article...

"What is Trump trying to hide by blaming Canada? The answer may be frightening."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.a13d25074b40

At the same time, this comment (of the many great in comments in the article's comments section) is spot on. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Why act as if Donald Trump has a strategy? About anything? Strategic thinking requires knowledge: of your opponent, your goals, the facts, an inquisitive mind open and willing to learn. A conspiracy believer has none of those traits. And Trump is a proven conspiracy believer. Remember his advocacy of the “birther” movement? That collection of oddballs and idiots who denied President Obama was born in Hawaii? He didn’t abandon that disgusting delusion until after he was nominated for president! Other similar lunatic ideas emanate from the White House on a regular basis. The conspiracy believer is willfully ignorant, incurious, basically frightened, and likely to believe in multiple conspiracies even when the conspiracies contradict each other. They believe (or concoct) their conspiracies to try to bring order to a chaotic world. Reality frightens them. So, isn’t it past time to stop looking for logical reasons Trump may have for his erratic behavior? We all know he’s nuts. Acting as if there might be a plan or strategy behind what he does, is as foolish as praising the emperor’s new clothes.

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Have you ever considered using that last sentence as a lead in to every post you make?

Meanwhile, it's not surprising that the guy who famously said where he'd grab a woman has paved the way for men using it as a power grab, or a purse.
    Yep. It's no longer a problem for the political right. Prostitution and sexual assault are just "boys being boys."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Town Heretic (June 14th, 2018)

Thread Information