Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,556 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    AH HA...Your bias is showing.

But you do know a good forum when you find one.
    Nothing wrong with bias when one is correct.
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 28th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (May 28th, 2018),Tambora (May 29th, 2018),WizardofOz (June 1st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 34,734 Times in 17,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Nothing wrong with bias when one is correct.
    Exactly what I say.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

drbrumley (May 28th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (May 28th, 2018),Tambora (May 29th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,533 Times in 4,765 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    On a microcosm level. I don't really think much of any censor attempts. That said, I'd think you are like me and would rather not hear slights against our Lord and Savior but I'm assuming you aren't meaning that, here.
    No, I'm not meaning that here at all. It wasn't part of the conversation. I'm talking about Christians posting threads about the censorship of Christians in real life and then doing the exact same thing to others here. The MAD/SOOTs group wanting perceived out-group members banned from TOL because they don't like the out-group beliefs, and pretending it's about out-group 'dishonesty' when it's not - the MAD/SOOTs crowd just doesn't seem to handle very well being challenged. Then there are members crowing over members banned from threads in the threads they've been banned from, knowing the member they're gossiping about can't respond. Micro, it's small. Anyone can walk away from here and many have. In the macro, this is how the privileged classes maintain their privilege.

We all take away our own meaning from the world politics but to me, (and I'm okay with the disagreement) this is its own site with its own rules and not really duplicated on any other site I've been on. Maybe I need to get out more?
    Do you or have you posted regularly (daily or weekly) on any other forum? Just curious.

See, I think this is part of that OP direction...When the Lord Jesus said not to cast pearls before swine, because they'd trample them in the mud, we certainly are risking those pearls at times. For me, the question is: "Is it my fault for casting them?" or "Is it his/her fault for trampling them?" To me, it seems a no-fault encounter when those who cast pearls want them to be treasured and those who don't value them trample them. Yet, at times, if they are asked for, I think infraction appropriate when they aren't even considered, just taunted from the other side of the fence to do a happy dance on them, etc. For me, the short is I see both sides and simply post where I am. I do realize I'm 'respectful' by nature though. I have one infraction warning on TOL and it wasn't intentional. I was saying a guy seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and that I couldn't picture a guy like that being unreasonable to get an infraction. At the time, a mod thought I was questioning the other's infraction. It was against the rules at that time. Since it contained no point value, I wear it as a humorous badge instead of being resentful about something I didn't believe I earned. It was just a no-point warning infraction. It was no big deal but I've seen it every day I log in for over 10 years I've been here on TOL.

Not everyone comes here for the religion forum, Lon. Some come for politics or science or sociological issues or what have you, and have no interest in talking about religion.

At the bottom of the home page it says: "On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else."

Spirited conversation isn't allowed much anymore though. musterion gets miffed because his OP is being challenged so he asks (and receives) the blocking of everyone whose opinion he doesn't want. Thread banning should be rarely used if at all, because it's killing "spirited conversation."

Again, because I didn't see a clear answer to my question: if they're so sure their views are correct, why the consternation at having them challenged?
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

Lon (May 28th, 2018),Rusha (May 28th, 2018),Town Heretic (June 2nd, 2018),WizardofOz (May 29th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 Times in 2,643 Posts

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    No, I'm not meaning that here at all. It wasn't part of the conversation. I'm talking about Christians posting threads about the censorship of Christians in real life and then doing the exact same thing to others here. The MAD/SOOTs group wanting perceived out-group members banned from TOL because they don't like the out-group beliefs, and pretending it's about out-group 'dishonesty' when it's not - the MAD/SOOTs crowd just doesn't seem to handle very well being challenged. Then there are members crowing over members banned from threads in the threads they've been banned from, knowing the member they're gossiping about can't respond. Micro, it's small. Anyone can walk away from here and many have. In the macro, this is how the privileged classes maintain their privilege.

Do you or have you posted regularly (daily or weekly) on any other forum? Just curious.
    Yes. A number of them are defunct now. I did leave CARM for some of this similar observation though. It seems to me, always which 'cop' handles your 'infraction.' Most are volunteer but some seem like "zealous rookies" to me at times

Not everyone comes here for the religion forum, Lon. Some come for politics or science or sociological issues or what have you, and have no interest in talking about religion.

At the bottom of the home page it says: "On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else."

Spirited conversation isn't allowed much anymore though. musterion gets miffed because his OP is being challenged so he asks (and receives) the blocking of everyone whose opinion he doesn't want. Thread banning should be rarely used if at all, because it's killing "spirited conversation."

Again, because I didn't see a clear answer to my question: if they're so sure their views are correct, why the consternation at having them challenged?
    I can't really answer your question, but I do understand your frustration, I think. At least I see it anyway. I think I also see their side a bit too: They are already a 'fringe' group and so get a lot of scrutiny most often in not-so-nice terms. I'm generally the guy that tries to get Christians talking instead of posturing, though... Sorry I'm not much help, Anna.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

annabenedetti (May 28th, 2018),Rusha (May 29th, 2018),WizardofOz (June 1st, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spirited conversation isn't allowed much anymore though. musterion gets miffed because his OP is being challenged
    Nonsense. The OP isn't being challenged at all. The author of the OP is being slandered and attacked. Try to get your facts straight, Anna. The Left's best tactic is to censor anything conservative by degrading and attacking the person making the claim.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (May 28th, 2018),musterion (May 29th, 2018),Tambora (May 29th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,486 Times in 21,910 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonsense. The OP isn't being challenged at all. The author of the OP is being slandered and attacked. Try to get your facts straight, Anna. The Left's best tactic is to censor anything conservative by degrading and attacking the person making the claim.
    Obviously, Anna doesn't know what she's talking about. You'll have to excuse her.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 29th, 2018),Tambora (May 29th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,395 Times in 11,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try to get your facts straight, Anna.
    That would be a first.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 29th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (May 29th, 2018),Tambora (May 29th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,486 Times in 21,910 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    That would be a first.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 29th, 2018),Tambora (May 29th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

I can't really answer your question, but I do understand your frustration, I think. At least I see it anyway. I think I also see their side a bit too: They are already a 'fringe' group and so get a lot of scrutiny most often in not-so-nice terms. I'm generally the guy that tries to get Christians talking instead of posturing, though... Sorry I'm not much help, Anna.
    Common regular God fearing Americans are a "fringe group"?

And Christians "talking and not posturing"?

Really, Lon. Don't stoop to Anna's level, please.

I'm not seeing any Christians "posturing", nor are we a "fringe group".

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

musterion (May 30th, 2018),Tambora (May 29th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 45,996 Times in 28,297 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They are trying to make it that way.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 29th, 2018),musterion (May 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    They are trying to make it that way.
    Trying ain't getting 'er done.

The map is still looking mighty red to me.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

musterion (May 30th, 2018),Tambora (May 31st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 45,996 Times in 28,297 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Trying ain't getting 'er done.

The map is still looking mighty red to me.
    YAY!

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 29th, 2018),musterion (May 30th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,713 Times in 2,775 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And Christians "talking and not posturing"?

Really, Lon. Don't stoop to Anna's level, please.

I'm not seeing any Christians "posturing", nor are we a "fringe group".
    His actual words, together with many of his posts, and given that he holds with a far much larger group within Christianity, it appears that what he'd meant by "fringe group" is something along the line of "MADs."

For whether on TOL or within Christianity as a whole, MADs do represent a very very small minority, or "fringe group."

And we are not often spoken well of anywhere by the opposition; which is huge.

While it also appears from his actual words that what he'd meant by "posturing" is something along the taking of sides in a manner that is not really very open to hearing another side out.

In this, he was not publicly referring to any specific group but merely to its practice in general by all sorts of posters.

Which is why he noted that he has often tried to be a mediator of some sort.

Try actually listening to what you hear/read.

Rom. 5:6-8.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

Rusha (May 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    His actual words, together with many of his posts, and given that he holds with a far much larger group within Christianity, it appears that what he'd meant by "fringe group" is something along the line of "MADs."

For whether on TOL or within Christianity as a whole, MADs do represent a very very small minority, or "fringe group."

And we are not often spoken well of anywhere by the opposition; which is huge.

While it also appears from his actual words that what he'd meant by "posturing" is something along the taking of sides in a manner that is not really very open to hearing another side out.

In this, he was not publicly referring to any specific group but merely to its practice in general by all sorts of posters.

Which is why he noted that he has often tried to be a mediator of some sort.

Try actually listening to what you hear/read.

I listened to what he actually said, while you read into what he actually said.

Get back on your little stick pony and ride.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

musterion (May 30th, 2018),Tambora (May 31st, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,713 Times in 2,775 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I listened to what he actually said, while you read into what he actually said.

Get back on your little stick pony and ride.
    If you say so.

Thread Information