User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 188

Thread: Jesus Changed Everything

  1. #16
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    That was why Jesus came because no one was obeying the law to please God. Jesus came with a new law. So your going to blaspheme Jesus and stand up for a law that no one could keep. That is nuts.
    Shalom.

    Today is Sheni. Yom Sheni. It is the Second Day of the Week. Yom, Day. The Third Month. The Fourteenth Day.

    Some people believe they can keep new testament law but could never keep old testament law. God would not command a person to do something they are incapable of doing. So they are not incapable of obeying God's commandments.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  2. #17
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 558 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    Today is Sheni. Yom Sheni. It is the Second Day of the Week. Yom, Day. The Third Month. The Fourteenth Day.

    Some people believe they can keep new testament law but could never keep old testament law. God would not command a person to do something they are incapable of doing. So they are not incapable of obeying God's commandments.
    I said
    Your rambling with that logic of yours again.

  3. #18
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Your rambling with that logic of yours again.
    What logic is needed when God gives a command?

    Be careful of things like the Christians and the Crusades.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 558 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    What logic is needed when God gives a command?

    Be careful of things like the Christians and the Crusades.
    I said
    The logic a born again Christian uses is this. Not to think beyond what is written.

    [1Co 4:6
    6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

  5. #20
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    The logic a born again Christian uses is this. Not to think beyond what is written.

    [1Co 4:6
    6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
    Yes, because a decision not in accordance with God's Word, and maybe even thought to be in accordance with God's Word, can be the wrong and disastrous decision, bringing war killing murder bloodshed and death.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 558 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Yes, because a decision not in accordance with God's Word, and maybe even thought to be in accordance with God's Word, can be the wrong and disastrous decision, bringing war killing murder bloodshed and death.
    I said
    And hypocrisy

  7. #22
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    And hypocrisy
    Hypocrisy is one of the worst sins.

    What does it mean to perform deeds of righteousness?
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 558 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Hypocrisy is one of the worst sins.

    What does it mean to perform deeds of righteousness?
    I said
    All righteousness comes from obeying Jesus in the new testament.

    [Gal 2:21
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."

  9. #24
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    All righteousness comes from obeying Jesus in the new testament.

    [Gal 2:21
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    The end of the law did not signal the end of righteousness.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 558 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    The end of the law did not signal the end of righteousness.
    I said
    There was no righteousness in the law.

  11. #26
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    There was no righteousness in the law.
    What is righteousness according to or by the law?
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  12. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 558 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    What is righteousness according to or by the law?

    The KJV translates Strong's H6665 in the following manner: righteousness (1x).


    Outline of Biblical Usage [?]


    I.right doing, doing right, righteousness


    Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)

    צִדְקָה tsidqh, tsid-kaw'; (Aramaic) corresponding to H6666; beneficence:—righteousness.

  13. #28
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    The KJV translates Strong's H6665 in the following manner: righteousness (1x).


    Outline of Biblical Usage [?]


    I.right doing, doing right, righteousness


    Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)

    צִדְקָה tsidqh, tsid-kaw'; (Aramaic) corresponding to H6666; beneficence:—righteousness.
    Is right living or doing the right thing important? Is it important to live righteously?

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    13,072
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 558 Times in 503 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Is right living or doing the right thing important? Is it important to live righteously?
    I said
    That is an oxymoron. Right living by who's standards? A lot of people think they are living right, but they are not righteous.

  15. #30
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122739
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    That is an oxymoron. Right living by who's standards? A lot of people think they are living right, but they are not righteous.
    What is the cost of or for living righteously?
    Not to live dangerously or recklessly.

    What is righteous living? (Not living right, for I do not know what that means.) To live right is to do the right thing. There is only one way to live.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us