User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: If you do not know what it means to be a Jew then you are not a Jew, true or false?

  1. #16
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122736
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Ezek. 36:26-27

    26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    The Israel Christ died for Is. 45:17, by His Obedience alone on their behalf Rom. 5:19, shall be made Righteous !
    Revi'i, Third Month Second Day
    Laylah Night Omer 46

    No, because however it is important to understand things rightly and you here have demonstrated that you do not.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  2. #17
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,114
    Thanks
    1,287
    Thanked 634 Times in 608 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    28477
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Revi'i, Third Month Second Day
    Laylah Night Omer 46

    Very nice but a man must be circumcised to belong to Israel.

    The definition of a True Jew under the New Covenant has nothing to do with ethnicity or works of the flesh, including physical circumcision.

    But a True Jew is any person of any race who has been given New Birth, been born again John 3:3-6; received spiritual circumcision of the heart:


    Ezek. 36:26-27

    26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.


    The Israel that was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17 is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Is. 45:17: The Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29 !


    That's exactly what the apostle Paul, of Jewish ethnicity, preached in Rom. 2:28-29.

    So before New Birth, nothing they do [whether jew or gentile], no works whatsoever, can please God.


    Rom. 8:7-8

    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  3. #18
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122736
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    The definition of a True Jew under the New Covenant has nothing to do with ethnicity or works of the flesh, including physical circumcision.

    But a True Jew is any person of any race who has been given New Birth, been born again John 3:3-6; received spiritual circumcision of the heart:


    Ezek. 36:26-27

    26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.


    The Israel that was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17 is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Is. 45:17: The Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, 29 !


    That's exactly what the apostle Paul, of Jewish ethnicity, preached in Rom. 2:28-29.

    So before New Birth, nothing they do [whether jew or gentile], no works whatsoever, can please God.


    Rom. 8:7-8

    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    Incorrect

  4. #19
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,114
    Thanks
    1,287
    Thanked 634 Times in 608 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    28477
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Incorrect

    John 8:47

    He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.


    1 John 5:20

    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    patrick jane (May 16th, 2018)

  6. #20
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122736
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    John 8:47

    He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.


    1 John 5:20

    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
    It is Shishi, the Third Month the Fourth Day, until sundown or Shabbat, Omer 48.

    I do not accept your interpretation of these verses.

  7. #21
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,114
    Thanks
    1,287
    Thanked 634 Times in 608 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    28477
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    It is Shishi, the Third Month the Fourth Day, until sundown or Shabbat, Omer 48.

    I do not accept your interpretation of these verses.

    Of course you don't 2 Cor. 4:3-4 !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  8. #22
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122736
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Of course you don't 2 Cor. 4:3-4 !
    I believe that you do not understand.

  9. #23
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,248
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,740 Times in 2,788 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1243454
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Revi'i, Third Month Second Day
    Laylah Night Omer 46

    Incorrect

    I wrestled through these things pertaining to being a Christian and if I could be a Jew and observe obey God's Commandments as a child, and revisited the matter after many years of being a Christian, but not as you are describing here.
    That was your error - you did not study these things out as I have described.

    Your problem is that you are not only clueless, but that you are also clueless that you are clueless.

    "For" the fact of the matter is that "in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature." Galatians 6:15.

    This is why there is no reasoning with you; you actually believe you are right. No matter how many passages are presented to you showing you that you have foolishly added your works to the finished work of the Cross.

    Not much sense in going back and forth not only with a naysayer, but with one only willing to look at what his or her narrow mind insists he or she should be looking at, and nothing else.

    All else is suspect for your kind.

    As the Lord said of closed minded naysayers even before a thing is presented to them "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word." John 8:43.

    Your kind are ever in the worst of poor company - the company of believing you are right, when in fact; Scripture after Scripture presented to you proves you wrong.

    You're a fool, Jacob. In Romans 9 Paul makes it clear that the Jews were rejecting his preaching for the same reason that Pharoah continued to reject God's word to him through Moses - the more it was presented to him the more he stood against it in his ignorance and pride. And the more he stood against it, the harder his heart became against it.

    What do you come along and do?

    You turn to the very system (that Paul is speaking against) for your fool answers - Judaism.

    So be it...

    Acts 13:49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region. 13:50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts. 13:51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.

    I leave you then, at your self-inflicted unbelief, in your willful ignorance, once more.

    Rom. 5:6-8.

  10. #24
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122736
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    That was your error - you did not study these things out as I have described.

    Your problem is that you are not only clueless, but that you are also clueless that you are clueless.

    "For" the fact of the matter is that "in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature." Galatians 6:15.

    This is why there is no reasoning with you; you actually believe you are right. No matter how many passages are presented to you showing you that you have foolishly added your works to the finished work of the Cross.

    Not much sense in going back and forth not only with a naysayer, but with one only willing to look at what his or her narrow mind insists he or she should be looking at, and nothing else.

    All else is suspect for your kind.

    As the Lord said of closed minded naysayers even before a thing is presented to them "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word." John 8:43.

    Your kind are ever in the worst of poor company - the company of believing you are right, when in fact; Scripture after Scripture presented to you proves you wrong.

    You're a fool, Jacob. In Romans 9 Paul makes it clear that the Jews were rejecting his preaching for the same reason that Pharoah continued to reject God's word to him through Moses - the more it was presented to him the more he stood against it in his ignorance and pride. And the more he stood against it, the harder his heart became against it.

    What do you come along and do?

    You turn to the very system (that Paul is speaking against) for your fool answers - Judaism.

    So be it...

    Acts 13:49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region. 13:50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts. 13:51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.

    I leave you then, at your self-inflicted unbelief, in your willful ignorance, once more.

    Rom. 5:6-8.
    Shalom.

    Today is Shlishli, the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Evening and Morning, Night and Day.

    I believe the Bible except for two lists of apostles and I don't know what to make of the two genealogies for Jesus, Yeshua. I am not here making a statement about anything else.

    However, I read study observe keep and teach the Torah. I would like to complete a study of the TaNaK. I have made some progress.

    You give up on people because they are honest with you and answer you accurately? I do not believe this to be a good idea. Plus, I am a Jew, and we have the oracles of God and the Old Covenant. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. He said, instructed us, to keep/do and teach the commandments. Repent and believe the gospel!

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  11. #25
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,248
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,740 Times in 2,788 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1243454
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    Today is Shlishli, the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Evening and Morning, Night and Day.

    I believe the Bible except for two lists of apostles and I don't know what to make of the two genealogies for Jesus, Yeshua. I am not here making a statement about anything else.

    However, I read study observe keep and teach the Torah. I would like to complete a study of the TaNaK. I have made some progress.

    You give up on people because they are honest with you and answer you accurately? I do not believe this to be a good idea. Plus, I am a Jew, and we have the oracles of God and the Old Covenant. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. He said, instructed us, to keep/do and teach the commandments. Repent and believe the gospel!

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    You remind me of an old acquaintance, a Jew by birth I once knew, before he returned to his homeland to marry and start a family in Israel.

    He was of that kind within their culture who ever seems to be burdened down by the weight of the world on his shoulders.

    The guy had a heart of gold, but was ever lamenting one burden or another.

    He even walked as if he were carrying a huge bolder over his head.

    You can bet I gave him a hard time about that.



    One day he laments that he has "read the entire Bible 17 times already - might that be enough" - for he certainly feels "like it isn't..." and o woe is me, once more...

    I mean, he was a really great guy.

    Just ever out to attempt to please God just a bit more...and a bit more...and a bit more...and maybe next time he might succeed...

    A real Martin Luther complex, before Martin Luther found the truth of Justification by Faith he then set all Europe ablaze with...

    A passage like the following appeared not to appease my Jewish Christian friend...

    Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

    You're like that old acquaintance of mine, Jacob - a hamster ever on his ever endless works based treadmill.



    Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

    And you well know I often ignore you for a time and then return to post a post or two, after which I then announce that I leave you to your insisted upon confusion, once more, as I said I would be doing, in one of my posts to you over a year ago, or so.

    Doesn't mean I don't care about your spiritual well-being.

    Quite the opposite.

    For in fact, Romans 5:6-8.

  12. #26
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122736
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    You remind me of an old acquaintance, a Jew by birth I once knew, before he returned to his homeland to marry and start a family in Israel.

    He was of that kind within their culture who ever seems to be burdened down by the weight of the world on his shoulders.

    The guy had a heart of gold, but was ever lamenting one burden or another.

    He even walked as if he were carrying a huge bolder over his head.

    You can bet I gave him a hard time about that.



    One day he laments that he has "read the entire Bible 17 times already - might that be enough" - for he certainly feels "like it isn't..." and o woe is me, once more...

    I mean, he was a really great guy.

    Just ever out to attempt to please God just a bit more...and a bit more...and a bit more...and maybe next time he might succeed...

    A real Martin Luther complex, before Martin Luther found the truth of Justification by Faith he then set all Europe ablaze with...

    A passage like the following appeared not to appease my Jewish Christian friend...

    Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

    You're like that old acquaintance of mine, Jacob - a hamster ever on his ever endless works based treadmill.



    Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

    And you well know I often ignore you for a time and then return to post a post or two, after which I then announce that I leave you to your insisted upon confusion, once more, as I said I would be doing, in one of my posts to you over a year ago, or so.

    Doesn't mean I don't care about your spiritual well-being.

    Quite the opposite.

    For in fact, Romans 5:6-8.
    It is Shlishli (Third), the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Boker (Morning), Yom (Day).

    Some people try to obey God and fail. Others are okay with saying that they have obeyed or observed mitzvot, commandments. How have you obeyed God if at all? If you say that you have not obeyed God that is different than boasting in your works or saying you have not obeyed God fully or completely. If you take one commandment at at time, maybe you will or would consider if you have ever murdered anyone. There is a commandment against that, and the appropriate punishment. The Torah, Genesis, the Law of Moses, the Ten Commandments, the Nation of Israel, all mankind, etc....
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us