Where did God come from?

Mac_guy

So we get that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

How did God come to be "In the beginning"?

This Charming Manc

God was then he made the beginning.

God is outside and beyond time, he is eterenal. The way you phrase the suggestion suggest God is inside and subject to time. Thats not the way i understand it.

God was and then time and space happened.

drbrumley

So we get that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Question: Does it really matter?

As for God being in or out of time, let me just say time is only a measurement we use. God put the sun and the moon and stars so we can tell what season or time on a clock is. That's all. Not this notion time is such a big deal that God is outside of time. My .02 cents worth.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
eternal origins..............

eternal origins..............

God is the Original Reality of Existence that is without beginning or end. God's ISness is Eternal. All beginnings and endings are creative movements or cycles of creation arising within Infinity. The 'beginning' in the scriptures speak of the 'origin-point' in 'space/time', of the creation of our planet or local universe. All 'beginnings' represent initial movement projections arising within space bringing in a 'time-referential'. All space and time measurements arise within the eternal and infinite One, the Unified Field of all potential.

pj

godrulz

Hall of Fame

God is outside and beyond time, he is eterenal. The way you phrase the suggestion suggest God is inside and subject to time. Thats not the way i understand it.

Time is not a created thing. God experiences endless duration/sequence/succession (time) as He is from everlasting to everlasting, eternal, no beginning, no end. He is not timeless. "Eternal now" is a Platonic/Augustinian concept, not a biblical one.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The same place fairies, elves, hobbits, vulcans, wookies and other made up beings came from.

God is the ultimate reality, the uncaused Cause. He is not a fairy tale, but Sovereign Lord, the most awesome being in the universe. Worship vs mock Him!

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Genesis 1:1 God is the uncreated Creator. He is self-existent with no beginning and no end, an eternal, personal, triune spirit.

We cannot fathom how God has always existed, but we know something has always existed. Is it personal or impersonal? God or matter? Something does not come from nothing, but God is the uncreated Creator, the first cause of the universe. This blows our minds and leads to worship, even if we do not understand it.

"He is there and He is not silent" Francis Schaeffer

The verse you refer to is Jn. 1:1 It is talking about Jesus who is God Almighty in the flesh. The Greek grammar shows that when there was a beginning of the material universe and our unique measure of time (Gen. 1:1), the Word/Jesus was already preexisting (imperfect, continuous tense). This eternal Word was with the Father (face to face) as the triune God. He is also of the nature/essence/substance of God. He is uncreated Creator co-equal, co-existent, co-eternal as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (one God with 3 personal distinctions).

This invisible God added humanity and became the God-Man, the Lord Jesus Christ, one person with two natures (God with a face). The flesh of Jesus is not eternal, but He Himself as the Word is. He is now risen from the dead returning to His former glory at the right hand of the Father. He will return as the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Do you know and love Him? If not, would you like to? Jn. 3:16; Rom. 1:16

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Scripture please...

drbrumley

If you don't want your beliefs to be made fun of, don't choose such silly ones.

:think: Then why do you choose such a silly one. I am not the one who can look around you and witness the shear magnitude of creation with such disdain to make the claim we came from nothing.

Dork

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not the one who can look around you and witness the shear magnitude of creation with such disdain to make the claim we came from nothing.

How is that any different than claiming God came from nothing?

elohiym

The same place fairies, elves, hobbits, vulcans, wookies and other made up beings came from.

Fairies, elves, hobbits, vulcans, wookies and other made up beings come from God, through the imagination of His creation.

You can thank the LORD for Chewbacca.