User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 187

Thread: Fighting fire with fire will burn up the whole of the earth.

  1. #151
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    2,721
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,080 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Why do you dismiss military issue?
    I don't.
    It has been gone over.
    It wasn't ever the sole intent of this topic.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  2. #152
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,479 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I don't.
    It has been gone over.
    It wasn't ever the sole intent of this topic.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I don't think you discussed thoroughly.

    You are taking it lightly.

    Christians in the military is one of the biggest hypocrisy in Christian community because, they are misrepresenting Jesus greatly. It is very clear to me.

    If we close our eyes of those organizational sins, we are sharing the same guilt.

  3. #153
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    5,306
    Thanks
    16,384
    Thanked 4,677 Times in 2,988 Posts

    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147575
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I don't.
    It has been gone over.
    It wasn't ever the sole intent of this topic.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Meshak is just pushing her anti-military agenda again.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (April 15th, 2018),Tambora (April 15th, 2018)

  5. #154
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    2,721
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,080 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    I don't think you discussed thoroughly.

    You are taking it lightly.

    Christians in the military is one of the biggest hypocrisy in Christian community because, they are misrepresenting Jesus greatly. It is very clear to me.

    If we close our eyes of those organizational sins, we are sharing the same guilt.
    I'm not closing my eyes to anything.

    It is not the topic.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  6. #155
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,479 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I'm not closing my eyes to anything.

    It is not the topic.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

    Topic is about fighting.

    Your title is describing clearly about the military, literally.

  7. #156
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,843 Times in 1,479 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Our bickering is just tip of ice burg.

  8. #157
    Onward Christian soldiers! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    49,216
    Thanks
    153,905
    Thanked 44,937 Times in 27,635 Posts

    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148146
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Meshak is just pushing her anti-military agenda again.
    Yep.
    Pushing an agenda that GOD never did.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (April 15th, 2018)

  10. #158
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    2,721
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,080 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Yep.
    Pushing an agenda that GOD never did.
    Yet you cannot love your enemy or your neighbor through war.

    Defence of those in need is not war necessarily.


    Jesus said He came with a sword.....it isn't a literal physical sword...
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  11. #159
    Onward Christian soldiers! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    49,216
    Thanks
    153,905
    Thanked 44,937 Times in 27,635 Posts

    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148146
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Yet you cannot love your enemy or your neighbor through war.
    Israel did, unless you think GOD told them to sin by breaking the law.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  12. #160
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    5,306
    Thanks
    16,384
    Thanked 4,677 Times in 2,988 Posts

    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147575
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Yet you cannot love your enemy or your neighbor through war.
    Um, yes you can...

    OK, SCENARIO:

    A family of four, mom, dad, brother, and sister. The parents love their children dearly.

    Brother is raping the sister, and tells her that He will harm or kill her if she tells anyone. Eventually, the parents find out.

    How do they resolve this issue? They love their children, but they don't want their son harming their daughter, so the only solution is to send their son away, never to return.

    In the same way, let's say a nation is doing wicked things, and another nation comes along and demands that they cease their wickedness. They refuse, and refuse, and refuse some more, to where their actions severely harm the nations around them, and the only way to put an end to their wickedness is to destroy them, sending them to await judgment by God. The goal is not to destroy them, but to make them realize that they are in the wrong.

    Still disagree?

    Consider this:

    If your friend is harming himself and/or those around him, would it be more loving to allow them to continue, or more loving to rebuke them and/or get them to stop what they're doing?

    Defence of those in need is not war necessarily.

    Jesus said He came with a sword.....it isn't a literal physical sword...
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 17th, 2018)

  14. #161
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    2,721
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,080 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Um, yes you can...

    OK, SCENARIO:

    A family of four, mom, dad, brother, and sister. The parents love their children dearly.

    Brother is raping the sister, and tells her that He will harm or kill her if she tells anyone. Eventually, the parents find out.

    How do they resolve this issue? They love their children, but they don't want their son harming their daughter, so the only solution is to send their son away, never to return.

    In the same way, let's say a nation is doing wicked things, and another nation comes along and demands that they cease their wickedness. They refuse, and refuse, and refuse some more, to where their actions severely harm the nations around them, and the only way to put an end to their wickedness is to destroy them, sending them to await judgment by God. The goal is not to destroy them, but to make them realize that they are in the wrong.

    Still disagree?

    Consider this:

    If your friend is harming himself and/or those around him, would it be more loving to allow them to continue, or more loving to rebuke them and/or get them to stop what they're doing?
    This;

    "send their son away",

    and this

    "rebuke them and/or get them to stop what they're doing"

    is not synonimous with;

    "destroy them"

    in any context what so ever.

    As such; your premise is false.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  15. #162
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    5,306
    Thanks
    16,384
    Thanked 4,677 Times in 2,988 Posts

    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147575
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    This;

    "send their son away",

    and this

    "rebuke them and/or get them to stop what they're doing"

    is not synonimous with;

    "destroy them"

    in any context what so ever.

    As such; your premise is false.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Pops, if the only way to stop someone from murdering someone else is to kill him, would that not prove you wrong?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 17th, 2018)

  17. #163
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    2,721
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,080 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Pops, if the only way to stop someone from murdering someone else is to kill him, would that not prove you wrong?
    Give a single scenario where one would have to kill in order for one not to be killed.

    Then I may consider what you say as a possibility.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  18. #164
    Onward Christian soldiers! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    49,216
    Thanks
    153,905
    Thanked 44,937 Times in 27,635 Posts

    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148146
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    This;

    "send their son away",
    Send him where????
    Out in the world, free to continue with someone else?
    And if he refuses to leave, what are you going to do?

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  19. #165
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,968
    Thanks
    2,721
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,080 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Send him where????
    Out in the world, free to continue with someone else?
    And if he refuses to leave, what are you going to do?
    Is that tomb raider?

    Cool...



    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us