Thread: Religion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 889 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Jesus preached the gospel! His words are the gospel! Don't you even believe that?

And to follow Jesus, I am to believe in him and listen to what he taught, obey the gospel, and live by the word of God and do his will, through faith, by the grace of God. And God strengthens those who truly follow him and live by his will.
    So, if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you? Matthew 5:30

PS: I still don't see any elaboration from you or quotes of Jesus concerning "following him" and "living by his will".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beameup For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,839 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    So, if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you? Matthew 5:30

PS: I still don't see any elaboration from you or quotes of Jesus concerning "following him" and "living by his will".
    Yes I do, do you even know what that means? Many of Jesus disciples will have sinned even when following him, do you think they went around cutting their hands off?

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I do, do you even know what that means? Many of Jesus disciples will have sinned even when following him, do you think they went around cutting their hands off?
    I still don't see you presenting "the gospel" from Jesus' own words.
    Is it just a "figment of your imagination"??

“If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beameup For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't see you presenting "the gospel" from Jesus' own words.
    Is it just a "figment of your imagination"??
    How can't you see that Jesus's words is the gospel? it's the gospel of God. Jesus preached the gospel and lived it out, showing us a new and living way. How can you not see that?

And do you know what Jesus means by if your right eye offends you pluck it out?

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 1,087 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a reference to the turning from and cutting away of the sins of the flesh; circumcision of the heart.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

marhig (April 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    It is a reference to the turning from and cutting away of the sins of the flesh; circumcision of the heart.

Yes pops it is, if we know that we are seeing wrong, walking wrong, or doing wrong, we stop and cut it off. Stop what we are doing and do right before God.

But that shows us that some people take everything literally, but Jesus spoke in the Spirit and those who follow him don't literally have to cut their limbs off or pluck their eyes out. So it's ridiculous to use these things to say that we don't have to follow the gospel that Jesus preached just because we see everything literally and then say that's not for us. The gospel that Jesus preached is for all of us, and we follow him and obey and live by the gospel that he preached.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (April 16th, 2018)

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,295 Times in 1,087 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

Today is Sheni (Second) both evening and morning, Aviv 24. It is night. Omer 9.

Religion

There are different Christian Religions
    There are different Christian Denominations
    There are different Religions of the World

Is Judaism a Faith or a Religion?

In the United States of America we have Judaism and Christianity.

I am a Jew, of Israel. I am not to study false religions, entertaining false gods and or false deities. We have one God, the true God.

I worship the one true God, the God of Israel.

Are you permitted to study the Torah? The study of Scripture is a worthy endeavor and task. Not everyone feels that they can, or has, the means to do so. I encourage you if you can to do so. Some have proven that they can. Others simply want to and may. To read and learn from scripture does not have to be only for scribes and kings. However, you may need a good teacher, a Rabbi or a Christian teacher. What you can do on your own will be invaluable to you.

Do you have any questions about Torah, the TaNaK, Judaism, or Christianity? Do you have any questions about how to live your life or what you should know? Have you believed the truth, God's Word, even the Gospel?

Shalom. God's Peace to you.

יעקב (Ya'aqov, Ya'akov, Jacob)
    I believe the different branches of faith in the One GOD which we worship in Spirit and in Truth are comprised of the faithful to GOD around the world, and in no way are these branches some other tree lest they surely be cut off and wither. We can know the individual leaves of the Vine by the fruit they produce and light they reflect, or rather absorb and grow by.

Do you agree on any level?

peace friend

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can't you see that Jesus's words is the gospel? it's the gospel of God. Jesus preached the gospel and lived it out, showing us a new and living way. How can you not see that?

And do you know what Jesus means by if your right eye offends you pluck it out?
    I think I know the problem and why there is confusian here.
    It is absolutely right when you say "And to follow Jesus, I am to believe in him and listen to what he taught, obey the gospel, and live by the word of God and do his will, through faith, by the grace of God. And God strengthens those who truly follow him and live by his will."

That is absolutely correct
    But I think what people are asking if you to clarify what that mean to yhou.
    So for example: Say that you areut "preaching the gospel" but you encounter soeone who has never heard the gospel and whever yhou are there is no acess to a Bible for you point to say and "read this asnd follow what it says." Say you are in an undeveloped place in the world telling people about Jesus and his gospel and you do not have a Bible with you for whatever reason but you are still out preaching the gospel....

They are asking you so if you were to do this and preach the gospel and tell people to live according to Jesus and you had to articulate exactly what you mean in enough detail for that community to come to know Jesus and to be able to live the gospel but not have a Bible...Wht would you tell them? Whatg specifically do you mean when you say live by Jesus and follow Him. What would you ntell those people so they knew enough of what the gospel is that they can have eternal life....

So if you can answer that question for them I think that is what they are asking you and it is a good question that everyone should know how to answer because after all it is our call and we may be in that exact situation one day

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnkrbl123! View Post
    I think I know the problem and why there is confusian here.
    It is absolutely right when you say "And to follow Jesus, I am to believe in him and listen to what he taught, obey the gospel, and live by the word of God and do his will, through faith, by the grace of God. And God strengthens those who truly follow him and live by his will."

That is absolutely correct
    But I think what people are asking if you to clarify what that mean to yhou.
    So for example: Say that you areut "preaching the gospel" but you encounter soeone who has never heard the gospel and whever yhou are there is no acess to a Bible for you point to say and "read this asnd follow what it says." Say you are in an undeveloped place in the world telling people about Jesus and his gospel and you do not have a Bible with you for whatever reason but you are still out preaching the gospel....

They are asking you so if you were to do this and preach the gospel and tell people to live according to Jesus and you had to articulate exactly what you mean in enough detail for that community to come to know Jesus and to be able to live the gospel but not have a Bible...Wht would you tell them? Whatg specifically do you mean when you say live by Jesus and follow Him. What would you ntell those people so they knew enough of what the gospel is that they can have eternal life....

So if you can answer that question for them I think that is what they are asking you and it is a good question that everyone should know how to answer because after all it is our call and we may be in that exact situation one day
    I trust in God to give me what to speak whenever and wherever needed, I know that if I open my mouth then God will fill it, I have complete faith and trust in him. I don't think beforehand of what I am going to say to anyone. God will give those who belong to him what to say, because really, it's only God who knows what the person or people we are talking to really need to hear and if we are living it out, and we are a doer of the word, then they will be more inclined to listen, because they will see that we have true faith and live by the word in which we speak. The Holy Spirit comes with power, and God doesn't leave his people who truly love him and live by his will without a mouth to speak, so I don't think of what I'm going to say to anyone, I leave that up to God.

Matthew 19

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

John 14

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

He will also bring into remembrance the scriptures and the gospel and teach us and guide us there and then in what to say, God is a living God and he will never leave those who have faith in him and worship him in Spirit and in truth and live by his will. The father is is an ever present help and he is always with those who love him from their hearts, through Christ by the Spirit.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

Zeke (April 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I trust in God to give me what to speak whenever and wherever needed, I know that if I open my mouth then God will fill it, I have complete faith and trust in him. I don't think beforehand of what I am going to say to anyone. God will give those who belong to him what to say, because really, it's only God who knows what the person or people we are talking to really need to hear and if we are living it out, and we are a doer of the word, then they will be more inclined to listen, because they will see that we have true faith and live by the word in which we speak. The Holy Spirit comes with power, and God doesn't leave his people who truly love him and live by his will without a mouth to speak, so I don't think of what I'm going to say to anyone, I leave that up to God.

Matthew 19

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

John 14

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

He will also bring into remembrance the scriptures and the gospel and teach us and guide us there and then in what to say, God is a living God and he will never leave those who have faith in him and worship him in Spirit and in truth and live by his will. The father is is an ever present help and he is always with those who love him from their hearts, through Christ by the Spirit.
    You missed the ENTIRE point

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect - 1 Peter 3:15

I was just trying to help you understand what they were asking and why they felt that you werent prepared. Because yes the HOly Spirit will give us words to speak but that was a promise to the disciples and not to everyone in every situation. It is prudent to -and we are instructed to- be able to articulate your faith to people who ask you and articulate the basic gospel and explain what it is because your responses are so vague an atheist who has never read the Bible could give the same answer - "trust Jesus, follow him, obey him etc" its not clear what your faith is and that is the question they were asking.
    I was just trying to help you understand the question they were asking and you still don't want to/can't answer it so I dont know what to tell ya

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tnkrbl123! For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shalom.

Today is Sheni (Second) both evening and morning, Aviv 24. It is night. Omer 9.

Religion

There are different Christian Religions
    There are different Christian Denominations
    There are different Religions of the World

Is Judaism a Faith or a Religion?

In the United States of America we have Judaism and Christianity.

I am a Jew, of Israel. I am not to study false religions, entertaining false gods and or false deities. We have one God, the true God.

I worship the one true God, the God of Israel.

Are you permitted to study the Torah? The study of Scripture is a worthy endeavor and task. Not everyone feels that they can, or has, the means to do so. I encourage you if you can to do so. Some have proven that they can. Others simply want to and may. To read and learn from scripture does not have to be only for scribes and kings. However, you may need a good teacher, a Rabbi or a Christian teacher. What you can do on your own will be invaluable to you.

Do you have any questions about Torah, the TaNaK, Judaism, or Christianity? Do you have any questions about how to live your life or what you should know? Have you believed the truth, God's Word, even the Gospel?

Shalom. God's Peace to you.

יעקב (Ya'aqov, Ya'akov, Jacob)
    Jacob did God wake Adam up? Sure a lot of wake up metaphors in scripture! the dream continues from my perspective Gal 4:24 what say you Israel?
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is only ONE Apostle for the Gentiles, appointed
    by the risen Christ to instruct the Body of Christ in this Age of Grace.
    Are you basing your Christian life upon the Epistles of Paul?

If all Christians strictly followed the doctrines laid out by Paul,
    there would be no "denominations".
    Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.
    It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

I grew up Christian.
    I see nothing wrong with Christians or Christianity.
    I have been told that I am not a Christian.
    I have said that I am not a Christian.
    I am of Israel, and the United States of America. I observe the Torah and I believe in the New Covenant which is for the House of Israel and the House of Judah.
    I believe that Yeshua is the Messiah.
    Many have been called apostles. Paul's ministry began to his fellow country men. He then went to the Gentiles. Others have ministered to the Gentiles as well.
    I am sorry but I do not follow your doctrine.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I believe the different branches of faith in the One GOD which we worship in Spirit and in Truth are comprised of the faithful to GOD around the world, and in no way are these branches some other tree lest they surely be cut off and wither. We can know the individual leaves of the Vine by the fruit they produce and light they reflect, or rather absorb and grow by.

Do you agree on any level?

peace friend

No

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Jacob did God wake Adam up? Sure a lot of wake up metaphors in scripture! the dream continues from my perspective Gal 4:24 what say you Israel?

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry but I do not follow your doctrine.
    That's because you lack the Ruach Elohim and thus cannot
    believe in and understand the so-called "New Testament".
    Without the Holy Spirit, you will go to HELL.

Thread Information