User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Read what Democrats think is a a biased way to report the news.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read what Democrats think is a a biased way to report the news.

Sinclair Broadcasting Group has a new policy which Democrat politicans find to be so biased against them they are boycotting all media outlets owned by Sinclair by not placing political ads with the company. The quote below comes from the KOMO TV news site which is a part of the Sinclair Broadcasting group and is the prepared statement news anchors have to read this script.

Hi, I’m(A) ____________, and I’m (B) _________________.
    (B) Our greatest responsibility is to serve our Northwest communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that KOMO News produces.
    (A) But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.
    (B) More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories… stories that just aren’t true, without checking facts first.
    (A) Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control ‘exactly what people think’…This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.
    (B) At KOMO it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically ‘left nor right.’ Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.
    (A) But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to KOMOnews.com and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.
    (B) We work very hard to seek the truth and strive to be fair, balanced and factual… We consider it our honor, our privilege to responsibly deliver the news every day.
    (A) Thank you for watching and we appreciate your feedback.
    Can you believe it? What a terrible policy. Remind people there is deciet in the media? Oh, what a revolting and disgusting thing to do. At least in the eyes of Democrat politicians. This reinforces the idea that the Democrat politicians don't like truth and do not want an educated public.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 5th, 2018)

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, yes, let management determine exactly what the truth is. How Republican.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonahdog For Your Post:

Rusha (April 10th, 2018)

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,574 Times in 2,612 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    It was like watching a modern day version of the Stepford Wives.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

rexlunae (April 9th, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    1, I am a registered independent. I belong to no political party. I have never joined a political party. I believe the same thing George Washington did. He said political parties would be the end of liberty. Guess what? He was right.
    2. I have to roar with laughter at your "let management determine exactly what the truth is. How Republican.". Are you really that ignorant? I guess you think management at CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, USA Today, NYT, LAT, WAPO, etc... doesn't set policy for what is reported in their organizations. I guess you just got so triggered by reading the post you lost your ability to think.
    3. The statement read by news anchors is completely apolitical. It mentions no politician, political parties, no organizations by name, etc.... It simply says that fake news exists and that people need to be aware of it. It's not like we don't hear the phrase "fake news" from all points on the political compass, but I guess you're so triggered you forgot that too.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 5th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,930 Times in 22,210 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    1, I am a registered independent. I belong to no political party. I have never joined a political party. I believe the same thing George Washington did. He said political parties would be the end of liberty. Guess what? He was right.
    2. I have to roar with laughter at your "let management determine exactly what the truth is. How Republican.". Are you really that ignorant? I guess you think management at CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, USA Today, NYT, LAT, WAPO, etc... doesn't set policy for what is reported in their organizations. I guess you just got so triggered by reading the post you lost your ability to think.
    3. The statement read by news anchors is completely apolitical. It mentions no politician, political parties, no organizations by name, etc.... It simply says that fake news exists and that people need to be aware of it. It's not like we don't hear the phrase "fake news" from all points on the political compass, but I guess you're so triggered you forgot that too.....
    J-dog has NEVER been accused of being a bonafide Intellect. J-dogs IQ is somewhere between a one-celled animal and a shoe-lace.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (April 13th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,926 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sinclair Broadcasting Group has a new policy which Democrat politicans find to be so biased against them they are boycotting all media outlets owned by Sinclair by not placing political ads with the company. The quote below comes from the KOMO TV news site which is a part of the Sinclair Broadcasting group and is the prepared statement news anchors have to read this script.

Can you believe it? What a terrible policy. Remind people there is deciet in the media? Oh, what a revolting and disgusting thing to do. At least in the eyes of Democrat politicians. This reinforces the idea that the Democrat politicians don't like truth and do not want an educated public.
    It's dishonest. They present it as if in the anchors' individual voices, but it's being decided by a corporate management team that made a deal with Jared Kushner to give Trump favorable coverage. In other words, it's captive media disguised as independent editorializing. It's propaganda.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

quip (April 9th, 2018),Rusha (April 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. I have to roar with laughter at your "let management determine exactly what the truth is. How Republican.". Are you really that ignorant? --
    3. The statement read by news anchors is completely apolitical. It mentions no politician, political parties, no organizations by name, etc.....
    How humorously ironic.
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you think liberty died in 1797?

None of those news outlets present the messages in other people's voices.

At face value, perhaps. Until you realize that it is parroting one particular person's political message.
    Last edited by rexlunae; April 10th, 2018 at 01:11 AM.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Rusha (April 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one:

Tucker Carlson was so desperate to distract his viewers from the fact that Trump's personal lawyer had his office raided that he literally copied a bit from Stephen Colbert's old show, where he played a caricature of a right-wing pundit:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...45775132233909

Fox News: making yesterday's parody today's hard-hitting reporting.
    Last edited by rexlunae; April 11th, 2018 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,574 Times in 13,015 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Tucker is awesome. He always tells the unbiased truth, one of my favorites. He leads the # 1 Cable News Network FOX News. The Real Truth -

18. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Tucker is awesome. He always tells the unbiased truth, one of my favorites. He leads the # 1 Cable News Network FOX News. The Real Truth -
    I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

patrick jane (April 11th, 2018),quip (April 11th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,574 Times in 13,015 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.
    Well, he may be biased towards the right, Trump and Republican conservatives but he's less biased than anybody on any other network in my opinion.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You deep state shills really love to display your ignorance. You make me laugh with your foolishness. It's amazing how people who think they are so smart can remain in utter ignorance of what is going on around them, and be proud of it too. I guess it's just sinful human nature at work though.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, he may be biased towards the right, Trump and Republican conservatives but he's less biased than anybody on any other network in my opinion.
    He did a story that is literally straight from a satirist's caricature of a right-wing pundit. That's a little more than bias.

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,930 Times in 22,210 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tucker is my personal favorite, as well.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

patrick jane (April 11th, 2018),Tambora (April 13th, 2018)

Thread Information