User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Israel and my Fellow Jews. When do we begin the Omer Count, the Count of the Omer?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Revi'i, Third Month Second Day
    Laylah Night Omer 46

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is Shishi, the Third Month the Fourth Day, until sundown or Shabbat, Omer 48.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is Saturday, 19th May, and today is Pentecost. Yay!!!
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    It is Saturday, 19th May, and today is Pentecost. Yay!!!
    I do not know where you live. One name for the Holy Day celebrated on the 50th Day of Counting the Omer is Shavuot. Shavuot was the day after the end of the seventh week of Counting the Omer. Where I am in the United States of America it was two days. In BAMIDBAR/NUMBERS Chapter 28 Verses 26 through 31 we learn about Shavuos, beginning with "On the day of the first-fruits," if I understand this correctly as it is in my Chumash.

I do not observe Saturday.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I do not know where you live. One name for the Holy Day celebrated on the 50th Day of Counting the Omer is Shavuot. Shavuot was the day after the end of the seventh week of Counting the Omer. Where I am in the United States of America it was two days. In BAMIDBAR/NUMBERS Chapter 28 Verses 26 through 31 we learn about Shavuos, beginning with "On the day of the first-fruits," if I understand this correctly as it is in my Chumash.

I do not observe Saturday.
    Most folks who celebrated Pentecost did it on the Sunday 20th May. The same folks celebrated Passover on a Saturday 7th April, 7 weeks prior. Most folks believe the count starts "on the morrow AFTER the (annual) Sabbath". But the greek and Hebrew state that the count starts on the Sabbath morrow/morning, not the morrow or morning AFTER the Sabbath.

For most who don't celebrate Pentecost, this all sounds very technical.

Lev 23:11
    And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Lev 23:15
    And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most folks who celebrated Pentecost did it on the Sunday 20th May. The same folks celebrated Passover on a Saturday 7th April, 7 weeks prior. Most folks believe the count starts "on the morrow AFTER the (annual) Sabbath". But the greek and Hebrew state that the count starts on the Sabbath morrow/morning, not the morrow or morning AFTER the Sabbath.

For most who don't celebrate Pentecost, this all sounds very technical.

Lev 23:11
    And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Lev 23:15
    And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
    VAYIKRA/LEVITICUS 23:11
    He shall wave the Omer before HASHEM to gain favor for you; on the morrow of the rest day the Kohen shall wave it.

VAYIKRA/LEVITICUS 23:15
    You shall count for yourselves -- from the morrow of the rest day, from the day when you bring the Omer of the waving -- seven weeks, they shall be complete.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    VAYIKRA/LEVITICUS 23:11
    He shall wave the Omer before HASHEM to gain favor for you; on the morrow of the rest day the Kohen shall wave it.

VAYIKRA/LEVITICUS 23:15
    You shall count for yourselves -- from the morrow of the rest day, from the day when you bring the Omer of the waving -- seven weeks, they shall be complete.
    I agree with this translation completely, that the count begins on the morrow/morning of the rest/Sabbath day, not on the day after the holy day.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with this translation completely, that the count begins on the morrow/morning of the rest/Sabbath day, not on the day after the holy day.
    It is Shlishli (Third), the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Boker (Morning), Yom (Day).

This year Aviv 15, which is the first Holy Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, was on the weekly Sabbath.

Thread Information