User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israel and my Fellow Jews. When do we begin the Omer Count, the Count of the Omer?

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Rabbinical Judaism changed the way the omer is counted so the day of Bikkurim (first fruits) would not fall on the Gentile's Sunday because that is the day Jesus rose from the dead.
    I don't believe this. I do not observe Sunday. I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. Yeshua did rise from the dead. That is not what Passover is about.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I do not observe Sunday.
    The Bible never says to observe Sunday.
    The Bible says to remember and observe the Sabbath (the Gentile Saturday) as a day of rest.

I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism.
    You can't be a proselyte and convert to Rabbinical Judaism without denying Jesus.

Yeshua did rise from the dead. That is not what Passover is about.
    Passover is about remembering how God spared the children of Israel that showed their faith by putting the blood of a lamb on their doorposts, which turned away the angel of death.
    The feast of unleavened is about remembering how the children of Israel left Egypt in such a hurry that they never stopped long enough for their dough to rise to make bread and had to eat unleavened bread for the seven days they fled the Egyptians.

In the New Testament, the Apostle Paul speaks of Jesus as being our Passover lamb.

1 Corinthians 5:7
    7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Bible never says to observe Sunday.
    The Bible says to remember and observe the Sabbath (the Gentile Saturday) as a day of rest.

You can't be a proselyte and convert to Rabbinical Judaism without denying Jesus.

Passover is about remembering how God spared the children of Israel that showed their faith by putting the blood of a lamb on their doorposts, which turned away the angel of death.
    The feast of unleavened is about remembering how the children of Israel left Egypt in such a hurry that they never stopped long enough for their dough to rise to make bread and had to eat unleavened bread for the seven days they fled the Egyptians.

In the New Testament, the Apostle Paul speaks of Jesus as being our Passover lamb.

1 Corinthians 5:7
    7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
    I cannot verify what you are saying. I know about the verse. Not your understanding.

I do not observe Saturday. It is not the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the seventh day of the week.

You do not need to deny Jesus. You do need to get rid of your paganism.

I don't know why you say the angel of death.

I don't know why you say they never stopped long enough for their dough to rise to make bread

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why you say the angel of death.
    Some translations use that term.

Exodus 12:23 GNT
    23 When the Lord goes through Egypt to kill the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the beams and the doorposts and will not let the Angel of Death enter your houses and kill you.

I don't know why you say they never stopped long enough for their dough to rise to make bread

Exodus 12:39
    39 And they baked unleavened cakes of the dough which they brought forth out of Egypt, for it was not leavened; because they were thrust out of Egypt, and could not tarry, neither had they prepared for themselves any victual.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some translations use that term.

Exodus 12:23 GNT
    23 When the Lord goes through Egypt to kill the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the beams and the doorposts and will not let the Angel of Death enter your houses and kill you.

Exodus 12:39
    39 And they baked unleavened cakes of the dough which they brought forth out of Egypt, for it was not leavened; because they were thrust out of Egypt, and could not tarry, neither had they prepared for themselves any victual.
    I don't know what to make of your second here. I don't know what that means.

Exodus 12:23 ESV For the LORD will pass through to strike the Egyptians, and when he sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to enter your houses to strike you.

Exodus 12:23 NKJV For the LORD will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you.

Exodus 12:23 NASB - "For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to come in to your houses to smite you.

Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 12
    Verse 23

23 The Lord will pass to smite the Egyptians, and He will see the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, and the Lord will pass over the entrance, and He will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses to smite [you].

כג וְעָבַ֣ר יְהֹוָה֘ לִנְגֹּ֣ף אֶת־מִצְרַ֒יִם֒ וְרָאָ֤ה אֶת־הַדָּם֙ עַל־הַמַּשְׁק֔וֹף וְעַ֖ל שְׁתֵּ֣י הַמְּזוּזֹ֑ת וּפָסַ֤ח יְהֹוָה֙ עַל־הַפֶּ֔תַח וְלֹ֤א יִתֵּן֙ הַמַּשְׁחִ֔ית לָבֹ֥א אֶל־בָּֽתֵּיכֶ֖ם
    :לִנְגֹּֽף

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what to make of your second here. I don't know what that means.

Exodus 12:23 ESV For the LORD will pass through to strike the Egyptians, and when he sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to enter your houses to strike you.

Exodus 12:23 NKJV For the LORD will pass through to strike the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and not allow the destroyer to come into your houses to strike you.

Exodus 12:23 NASB - "For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when He sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over the door and will not allow the destroyer to come in to your houses to smite you.

Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 12
    Verse 23

23 The Lord will pass to smite the Egyptians, and He will see the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, and the Lord will pass over the entrance, and He will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses to smite [you].

כג וְעָבַ֣ר יְהֹוָה֘ לִנְגֹּ֣ף אֶת־מִצְרַ֒יִם֒ וְרָאָ֤ה אֶת־הַדָּם֙ עַל־הַמַּשְׁק֔וֹף וְעַ֖ל שְׁתֵּ֣י הַמְּזוּזֹ֑ת וּפָסַ֤ח יְהֹוָה֙ עַל־הַפֶּ֔תַח וְלֹ֤א יִתֵּן֙ הַמַּשְׁחִ֔ית לָבֹ֥א אֶל־בָּֽתֵּיכֶ֖ם
    :לִנְגֹּֽף
    Who or what is "the destroyer" mentioned in the verses you quoted?

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who or what is "the destroyer" mentioned in the verses you quoted?
    I don't know and I don't know where you got what you had from.

Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The omer should be counted beginning on the first day of a week.

Leviticus 23:15-16
    15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:
    16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord.

Because the fiftieth day of counting the omer must fall on the day after a Sabbath, the only way to have that happen is if the forty-ninth day is always on a Sabbath.
    There is no special holy day that is called a Sabbath forty-nine days after the first day of the feast of unleavened bread, so the Sabbath on the forty-ninth day must be a weekly Sabbath.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31 32 33 34 35
    36 37 38 39 40 41 42
    43 44 45 46 47 48 49
    No.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today is Chamishi, Aviv 27. It is evening, erev. Night, laylah. Omer 12.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can think about what you have said, but I do not agree with your logic and reasoning.

Omer 1 was the day after a Sabbath and a Holy Day, on Aviv 16, this year. I asked my Rabbi on Aviv 16 via my phone, a text message, when to start the count. I had known two ways, but was uncertain that it would be Aviv 16 even so.
    See Jacob the Sabbath is on the 15th Aviv just as I've been telling you and as you have already agreed in this this earlier post, there is a Sabbath in the 2nd month on day 22:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5219386[

CORRECT! Congratulations Jacob you are the first person to correctly identify that the first week of collecting the Manna occurred on the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st of the second month after leaving Egypt.

Q2: Now we know the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st of the second month were the days on which the Manna was first collected, on which day on the second month did God say the Sabbath was on? The answer is also found in Exodus 16 here:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5202584

Jacob's answer: "The 22nd"
    This can only work with when Sabbaths are on days; 8, 15, 22 & 29 each lunar month.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    See Jacob the Sabbath is on the 15th Aviv just as I've been telling you and as you have already agreed in this this earlier post, there is a Sabbath in the 2nd month on day 22:

This can only work with when Sabbaths are on days; 8, 15, 22 & 29 each lunar month.
    I don't agree with you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with you.
    They were your words. Not mine. Everyone else can see this.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They were your words. Not mine. Everyone else can see this.
    Your words are not my words. Do you have a question about my words? Examine yourself. That I do not agree with you does not mean that I agree with you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your words are not my words. Do you have a question about my words? Examine yourself. That I do not agree with you does not mean that I agree with you.
    Are you saying that you did not write this in this post below:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5219386

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you saying that you did not write this in this post below:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5219386
    Three things.

No. (My post, be it that this is my post with your asking me if it is or questioning me, a day or a number, should not change or affect your thinking if or when correct if you already know the truth.) This is a thread about the counting of the omer. (If you are not a Jew, of Israel, and you should not be linking to another thread, or otherwise have an interest in this discussion being that you should or should not find yourself out of place, especially if a relation to the topic or subject cannot be found or is not readily identifiable or identified, do not post here. Your post seems to be questioning about something of interest to you on another thread. It has not been shown what significance, relation, or relationship, it should or does have to the OP (the Opening Post) here.) It is my understanding that you edited your post. (I do not know in this if your post originally said omera in verse sixteen. This is not what the New King James Version, the English Standard Version, or the Tanach at Chabad.org say.)

Thread Information