User Tag List

Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1637

Thread: Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,156 Times in 6,986 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Posters who avoid the data.
    Uh, you mean the people who read your link and asked questions about it?

Those people?

The ones you ignored?

Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Blablaman

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Uh, you mean the people who read your link and asked questions about it?

Those people?

The ones you ignored?

I don't know what you are talking about.
    Did radiation start when God said "Let there be light"?
    Traditionally, young earth proponents dismiss radiometric dating as wildly inaccurate. The article I provided details the method used and the reliability of radiometric dating. No one discussed the article. What happened was a poster asked for the origin point of radiation on earth. The method for assessing that origin point would be to trace backward in time to find it. How? By using radiometric dating techniques since light is the original moment of creation by God.
    Thus, science is able to observe that God creation begins billions of years ago, not approximately 7000 years ago. This means it is reasonable for a Christian to acknowledge an old earth rather than a young earth. I have therefore answered the question of the OP.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    That is really not responsive to my comment.
    Then explain what you meant by 'he had to redo the earth within a few thousand years,' because I don't know what you're talking about---so that I can respond more directly.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first time on this site. No other names have been used.
    We're all anonymous, and there have been plenty of users here over the many years who have logged in and participated as different accounts. Your thinking isn't the most original I've ever seen, so it's obviously suggestive of someone who's been here before as a different alias.

@Nee_Nihilo

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,449 Times in 3,445 Posts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traditionally, young earth proponents dismiss radiometric dating as wildly inaccurate. The article I provided details the method used and the reliability of radiometric dating. No one discussed the article. What happened was a poster asked for the origin point of radiation on earth. The method for assessing that origin point would be to trace backward in time to find it. How? By using radiometric dating techniques since light is the original moment of creation by God.
    Thus, science is able to observe that God creation begins billions of years ago, not approximately 7000 years ago. This means it is reasonable for a Christian to acknowledge an old earth rather than a young earth. I have therefore answered the question of the OP.
    Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.” - Romans 3:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

And God spoke all these words, saying: . . . For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. - Exodus 20:1,11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I post that science points toward God and share about radiation being in the very first moment of God's creation. Then, I get posters who avoid the data
    Your estimation of my own view is that I have God deceiving us, when as I've told you, the only ones who have God being deceitful are the ones who think 'six days' meant 'over 13 billion years,' which would be a bald faced lie, on His part---and I don't have God as a liar.
    In any case, I enjoy discussing the glory of God. If that bothers you, I make no apologies.
    I enjoy that as well. What bothers me is that because I don't share your clavinist view of God's sovereignty, that you don't think that I value the glory of God.

@Nee_Nihilo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 12th, 2018)

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,156 Times in 6,986 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Blablaman

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think, in all the claims of Old Earthers, is the best evidence for the universe being billions of years old, and not about 7000 years old?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Did the first light emanate from a star? No. God created stars including the sun to be the source of light later in the first week.
    You see the circularity in that thought?

I addressed your idea. I said that God created everything already 'billions of years' along the decay curve. You said that if God did that, that He is deceptive, to which I responded that the only deception is if everything actually is billions of years old, because He told us, pointblank, 'six days,' which would therefor be a lie.

I believe Adam was created with a bellybutton. I don't think that is deceptive.
    You have.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

There would have been no harmful radiation affecting God's creation before the fall.

When God created the sun on day four, sure, there would have been radiation from it, but the atmosphere and magnetic fields of the earth would have been enough to protect it.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    We're all anonymous, and there have been plenty of users here over the many years who have logged in and participated as different accounts. Your thinking isn't the most original I've ever seen, so it's obviously suggestive of someone who's been here before as a different alias.
    LOL

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.” - Romans 3:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

And God spoke all these words, saying: . . . For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. - Exodus 20:1,11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...1&version=NKJV
    I don't disagree. My point is that the first days were longer than 24 hours.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Your estimation of my own view is that I have God deceiving us, when as I've told you, the only ones who have God being deceitful are the ones who think 'six days' meant 'over 13 billion years,' which would be a bald faced lie, on His part---and I don't have God as a liar.
    I enjoy that as well. What bothers me is that because I don't share your clavinist view of God's sovereignty, that you don't think that I value the glory of God.
    My point is that God is not deceptive. He shows us that his creation is billions of years old. He is not bound by an earth day of 24 hours.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Yes

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    What do you think, in all the claims of Old Earthers, is the best evidence for the universe being billions of years old, and not about 7000 years old?
    Radiometric dating
    Observation of geology
    Observation of the universe
    Observation, observation, observation...

Thread Information