User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61

Thread: Child Marriage in Europe

  1. #46
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,500
    Thanks
    16,071
    Thanked 32,486 Times in 21,910 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147899
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    But you now have governments saying it is not wrong and make it legal so Muslim child molesters won't be offended by their debauchery.
    Now what do you do???
    What do THEY do next? They simply forge ahead with their agenda and goals. Their mantra being; "Good is evil and evil is good."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 13th, 2018)

  3. #47
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,500
    Thanks
    16,071
    Thanked 32,486 Times in 21,910 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147899
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan Logician View Post
    Wow. Great counterpoint.

    If you have a problem with what I said, you have a problem with the American spirit. Maybe you'd be happier in a WASP version of the DPRK. What is it they say? America: Love it or leave it...
    Have you been on TOL before, under another name?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 13th, 2018)

  5. #48
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,500
    Thanks
    16,071
    Thanked 32,486 Times in 21,910 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147899
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan Logician View Post
    Less afraid of it than you are, it would seem.

    No intention of assimilating? They'll assimilate. And if they don't, their kids will. And even if their kids don't assimilate 100%... we are a culturally pluralistic society. This is America. Remember that what makes us great is that we are a free society. What makes us great is that we allow people to live their lives the way they want, so long as it causes no harm to others. Our greatness does not depend on us being a culturally homogenous sea of WASPs.


    I'll bet it won't take you very long to get yourself banned, right away? Just a hunch?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 13th, 2018)

  7. #49
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33,500
    Thanks
    16,071
    Thanked 32,486 Times in 21,910 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147899
    I'm happy to see there's only a very few LEFTISTS on this thread and on TOL. Barb, Rusha, Vulcan, and AB is enough, okay? Hopefully, no more.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 13th, 2018)

  9. #50
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,878
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    322770
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    First of all, I'm very sorry to see you back,
    While that's a plus, it's not why I'm here.

    I think you're looking at Tam's opinion, in a somewhat 'myopic/short-sighted' way. I'm certain, if you were to ask her about this issue, she would include, anyone that marries a child as basically, being a 'pervert.'
    I notice she seemed rather offended when I reminded her that marrying children is a legal custom in certain states in our nation. Selective outrage. So apparently not.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 15th, 2018),Rusha (April 14th, 2018),Vulcan Logician (April 15th, 2018)

  11. #51
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,412
    Thanks
    157,810
    Thanked 46,000 Times in 28,299 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148160
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    First of all, I'm very sorry to see you back, however, I hope you had a nice vacation, I know, we did. I think you're looking at Tam's opinion, in a somewhat 'myopic/short-sighted' way. I'm certain, if you were to ask her about this issue, she would include, anyone that marries a child as basically, being a 'pervert.'
    Yep, a man in his 40's that has sex with a 12 year old girl is a pervert.
    Hear of it happening a lot with Muslims, even in this day and time.
    When you have a pervert prophet, you get pervert followers.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  12. #52
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,878
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    322770
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan Logician View Post
    Wow. Great counterpoint.
    Musty gets a little aggressive when his assumptions are undermined.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 15th, 2018),Rusha (April 14th, 2018)

  14. #53
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,019
    Thanks
    18,209
    Thanked 4,463 Times in 2,559 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147744
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

    I'm concerned that any perverts are marrying children
    Same here .... ANY adult who pursues or participates in a relationship with a child (or teen) is a pervert ...
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855





  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 15th, 2018)

  16. #54
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,878
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    322770
    I notice the court in Sweden made an allowance because the 14-year old girl seemed mature. I notice also that the states in the U.S. that allow girls that young to marry, do not specify maturity.

    So yes, a problem right here in our country, not just Sweden.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 15th, 2018),Rusha (April 16th, 2018)

  18. #55
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,412
    Thanks
    157,810
    Thanked 46,000 Times in 28,299 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148160
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I notice the court in Sweden made an allowance because the 14-year old girl seemed mature.
    She was 12 when married.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  19. #56
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,878
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    322770
    How does Judaism traditionally look at this?

    The attainment of the age of majority, however, did not of itself render one an adult; the prescribed age and the symptoms of puberty together were necessary to establish the majority of a person. If there were no signs of puberty at the age of majority (i.e., at the beginning of the thirteenth year in a female and at the beginning of the fourteenth in a male) the person retained the status of a minor until the age of twenty.
    http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/ar...10861-minority

    So at age 12, for a normal girl.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  20. #57
    Rookie Vulcan Logician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 16 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15262
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Have you been on TOL before, under another name?
    No. I haven't. If you have something to say, why don't you say it? If you think I'm a sock of some other person who has posted on TOL, why don't you report me to the mods? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

    I want to ask you something though: If it turns out that I am not a sock of whoever you think I am, can I expect an apology from you? Or are you just a morally dubious somebody who throws out accusations but won't admit when he's wrong? This is the only account I have started on TOL. I am exactly who I say I am. Who are you?

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vulcan Logician For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 15th, 2018),Rusha (April 15th, 2018)

  22. #58
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    14,082
    Thanks
    7,937
    Thanked 6,492 Times in 4,338 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    But a government made it legal to have a 12 year old bride.
    How much longer will it be before the statement you just made will be considered hate speech?
    Well, a judge did and he should be kicked out of his job, not least for his moronic "reasoning". I doubt there's any danger of railing against child marriage being considered 'hate speech' anytime soon.

    What should citizens do when their government makes laws supporting perversions, one after another, just to appease the diversity of cultures in the world?
    Depends what they are. Anything to do with children being manipulated, abused etc should be fought at all costs as with any subjugation of people due to prejudices born of ignorance and extremism etc.

    I'm not being flippant, I'm being serious about the question.
    At what point does one draw the line in the sand and say 'no more'?
    People did that when women were oppressed to the point of the suffragette movement so the question's relative. You think adultery and homosexuality should be crimes. Most people don't. Most people do, however, consider any abuse of children to count as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    They're close to that point now. The cops are already monitoring internet postings for "hate speech" against Mohammedans. Soon, if enough said that disagreeing with ANYTHING about Islam is hateful, there'd be new hate speech laws on the books within a week. Non-Muslim Brits would have to remain silent or risk imprisonment...but they're already facing that now. We know it, he knows it. But he'll lie about it anyway.
    I don't need to lie about anything as unlike you, I happen to live in Britain, am not a conspiracy crank and don't get my "news" from any wingnut site that happens to say what I want to hear. There's no reasoning with you so I'm not gonna bother. Believe whatever bat crazy stuff you wanna Musty.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 16th, 2018),Vulcan Logician (April 17th, 2018)

  24. #59
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    14,082
    Thanks
    7,937
    Thanked 6,492 Times in 4,338 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147737
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I notice the court in Sweden made an allowance because the 14-year old girl seemed mature. I notice also that the states in the U.S. that allow girls that young to marry, do not specify maturity.

    So yes, a problem right here in our country, not just Sweden.
    So where's the outrage over these states that effectively sanctify child marriage?
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 16th, 2018)

  26. #60
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,019
    Thanks
    18,209
    Thanked 4,463 Times in 2,559 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147744
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    So where's the outrage over these states that effectively sanctify child marriage?
    It apparently doesn't ... exist.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855





  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 17th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us