User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moratorium on one trick pony threads and posts.

Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,099 Times in 2,368 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Yep, something definitely odd about that as I couldn't even access the forum to even browse it without being logged in because my IP address had been banned. How many IP addresses are that "similar"?
    Oddly enough, there were quite a few! You are in the UK, I am in Nebraska. That appears to make sense.
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. Albert Einstein

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,743 Times in 3,894 Posts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Oddly enough, there were quite a few! You are in the UK, I am in Nebraska. That appears to make sense.
    Yup, easily confused...

Well this is fun isn't it?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Rusha (April 4th, 2018)

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TRUMP has greater news coverage in Perth W.A. than our own government or any other item. So freedom of speech should mean we can discuss Trump ad nauseam on TOL.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyStan For Your Post:

Rusha (April 5th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,714 Times in 1,752 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, something definitely odd about that as I couldn't even access the forum to even browse it without being logged in because my IP address had been banned. How many IP addresses are that "similar"?
    If you get an IP ban, you can't typically even make a connections to the server, so being logged in makes no difference. It's about the only way to handle a spammer who changes accounts, but it's imperfect since most users don't own the IPs they are on.

People who connect from the same ISP will often have similar addresses. The most significant bits of the address belong to your ISP.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (April 5th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,714 Times in 1,752 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, this place has always worn its conservative bias and that's fair enough. What set this forum apart from many, however, was its leeway in having opposing views to conservatism and the freedom for debate as long as it didn't overstep the bounds. As of now it would seem that people can be banned for "derailing" their own thread?! It's gotten ridiculous here now. Any voices of dissension towards Trump will get a ban or a removal from a thread? I thought this sort of censorship was something directed at the 'far left'?
    Also, as it turns out, for answering a direct question. Apparently, some questions can be asked, but not honestly answered, even while generally comporting with stated forum standards. I chalk it up to the increasing radicalization of the Right.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (April 5th, 2018),Rusha (April 5th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,270 Times in 21,747 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You LEFTISTS sure do a lot of griping and belly-aching, why is that? Do you people continuously do this in your everyday lives?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (April 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    TRUMP has greater news coverage in Perth W.A. than our own government or any other item. So freedom of speech should mean we can discuss Trump ad nauseam on TOL.
    I suppose you can try and bash our President all you desire, however there's a moratorium in place and you might just get banned in the process? Life is made up of many choices we have to make, therefore if you happen to be the kind of person that likes to 'buck the system' you'll just have to suffer the consequences, right?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leftists and rules don't mix well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main problem with far-left zealots is, they're so darn UNPATRIOTIC. They have other problems, as well. If any LEFTIST on this thread wishes for me to list those 'problems,' I'm more than willing to comply without hesitation.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ONLY ideology that will SAVE this nation is a return to CONSERVATISM, which is highly doubtful at this juncture. You might say, 'The cat is out of the bag? The genie is out of the bottle. Pandora's box has been opened. In other words, far-left ideology is dividing this country, it's far-reaching effects are devastating to our freedoms and our future, going forward.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Far-left-wing, Liberalism is a Cancer in the process of metastasizing.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    I suppose you can try and bash our President all you desire, however there's a moratorium in place and you might just get banned in the process? Life is made up of many choices we have to make, therefore if you happen to be the kind of person that likes to 'buck the system' you'll just have to suffer the consequences, right?
    I am not bucking the system.

President Trump is doing a great job for America.

I realise that it is impossible to discuss President Trump without people attacking him and his actions.

So the moratorium is fully justified.
    Last edited by BoyStan; April 6th, 2018 at 07:21 AM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    The current one trick pony threads are ones attacking the character of our current President. 70 percent of the recent threads in this section are on that very topic. That is too much. I am going to kindly ask the four parties that dwell on this subject to take it back to your liberal and atheist boards if you want to continue to discuss it. This is a conservative website designed to attract mainly conservative traffic. TOL is not to be a clearing house for threads that attack the character of the POTUS. There is enough of that elsewhere. You are welcome to discuss other political issues and policies, The character assassination is going to stop. We didn't do it Obama on a huge scale like this.

I will be handing out infractions to people that disrupt running threads with this topic as well. Enough is enough. Those that spam with cartoons on this subject may find themselves removed as a spammer. Please quit wasting TOL's bandwidth and stretching the threads with these posts.
    I have been waiting for this for years. Thank you.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CatholicCrusader For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 25th, 2018),Sherman (April 22nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    The ONLY ideology that will SAVE this nation is a return to CONSERVATISM, which is highly doubtful at this juncture. You might say, 'The cat is out of the bag? The genie is out of the bottle. Pandora's box has been opened. In other words, far-left ideology is dividing this country, it's far-reaching effects are devastating to our freedoms and our future, going forward.
    Technically speaking, we need a return to (small "l") liberalism. But there is a deeper problem in the nation - and it doesn't recognize party lines. Our political acrimony is a symptom of spiritual rot and no political shift will change any of that.

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
    Psalm 127:1
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

26. The Following User Says Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

Sherman (April 25th, 2018)

Thread Information