User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moratorium on one trick pony threads and posts.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,836 Times in 8,346 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Moratorium on one trick pony threads and posts.

The current one trick pony threads are ones attacking the character of our current President. 70 percent of the recent threads in this section are on that very topic. That is too much. I am going to kindly ask the four parties that dwell on this subject to take it back to your liberal and atheist boards if you want to continue to discuss it. This is a conservative website designed to attract mainly conservative traffic. TOL is not to be a clearing house for threads that attack the character of the POTUS. There is enough of that elsewhere. You are welcome to discuss other political issues and policies, The character assassination is going to stop. We didn't do it Obama on a huge scale like this.

I will be handing out infractions to people that disrupt running threads with this topic as well. Enough is enough. Those that spam with cartoons on this subject may find themselves removed as a spammer. Please quit wasting TOL's bandwidth and stretching the threads with these posts.
    Last edited by Sherman; March 27th, 2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Typos
    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (March 27th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (March 27th, 2018),JudgeRightly (August 10th, 2018),patrick jane (March 27th, 2018),Right Divider (March 27th, 2018),Tambora (March 27th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,309 Times in 22,409 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    The current one trick pony threads are ones attacking the character of our current President. 70 percent of the recent threads in this section are on that very topic. That is too much. I am going to kindly ask the four parties that dwell on this subject to take it back to your liberal and atheist boards if you want to continue to discuss it. This is a conservative website designed to attract mainly conservative traffic. TOL is not to be a clearing house for threads that attack the character of the POTUS. There is enough of that elsewhere. You are welcome to discuss other political issues and policies, The character assassination is going to stop. We didn't do it Obama on a huge scale like this.

I will be handing out infractions to people that disrupt running threads with this topic as well. Enough is enough. Those that spam with cartoons on this subject may find themselves removed as a spammer. Please quit wasting TOL's bandwidth and stretching the threads with these posts.
    You're a True Patriot, Sherman. Thank you.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (March 27th, 2018),CatholicCrusader (April 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (August 10th, 2018),Tambora (March 27th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,924 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good policy. To be fair though, you'd have to admit that Obama doesn't have the kind of character flaws we see in certain other people in question. Would you consider extending your edict to all public figures?

Would that include faked photoshop scams? I think you'll find they put a much greater demand on bandwidth than cartoons.

If this represents a racheting up of protection for far-right posters, that's fine too. As you've pointed out, this isn't a level playing field.

Just wanted a clarification.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (March 28th, 2018),quip (April 9th, 2018),Rusha (April 4th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

​Just the current President. There is just waay too many threads and posts on here assassinating his character. Other politicians haven't been attacked the way he has. This is a Right Wing site. If you want to carry on about how 'bad' Trump is there are plenty of liberal sites that will indulge you.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 27th, 2018),Jerry Shugart (March 28th, 2018),JudgeRightly (August 10th, 2018),Tambora (March 27th, 2018),THall (June 29th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ​Just the current President. There is just waay too many threads and posts on here assassinating his character.
    Normally, "character assassination" means it isn't true. To make it clear, your edict covers anything, true or not?

Other politicians haven't been attacked the way he has.
    I notice a few (not all, to be fair) right wingers are peddling a fake story about Obama being a homosexual. That's O.K.?

This is a Right Wing site.
    I got it. Just make it clear how far the playing field is tilted, and we'll go with that.

If you want to carry on about how 'bad' Trump is there are plenty of liberal sites that will indulge you.
    So where does that put us with his ongoing investigation by the Justice Department? We can't talk about the evidence?

You suggest policy can be criticized. Is that still open? If it violates the law, can it be criticized?

How about his underlings? Are they also protected from any comments?
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (March 28th, 2018),Rusha (March 28th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obvious to see, Barb is looking for some kind of Loophole in Sherman's OP. He just cannot fathom the possibility that he'll have to abstain from attacking our President. He needs to go to a far-left Forum where he can spew his hate, freely and without reservation. He's totally consumed with his hatred and feels he needs to vent his hatred publicly.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Sherman (March 27th, 2018),Tambora (March 27th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    It's obvious to see, Barb is looking for some kind of Loophole in Sherman's OP. He just cannot fathom the possibility that he'll have to abstain from attacking our President.
    I suspect Sherman's not afraid to clarify exactly what he wants. Give him a little time.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (March 28th, 2018),rexlunae (March 28th, 2018),Rusha (March 28th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I suspect Sherman's not afraid to clarify exactly what he wants. Give him a little time.
    I think you're smart enough to understand, simple English.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (March 27th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 46,451 Times in 28,658 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sherman is a woman.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 27th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Barbarian observes:

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Sherman is a woman.
    Doesn't matter. Seems like a very upfront person. So likely not afraid to clarify.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (March 28th, 2018),Rusha (March 28th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbarian observes:

Doesn't matter. Seems like a very upfront person. So likely not afraid to clarify.
    If you should need Old GM to interpret, feel free to PM me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,098 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sherman was very clear in her statement that you (and three others) need to stop your character assassination against President Trump on this website.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks
    Thanked 46,451 Times in 28,658 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Doesn't matter.
    Oh that's right, to the lefties she can be a man and you can be a woman no matter what y'all really are.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 27th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Sherman was very clear in her statement that you (and three others) need to stop your character assassination against President Trump on this website.
    Yep

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As I said, the OP is addressing right now one trick threads that take over the forum. Right now there is a moratorium on threads attacking our CURRENT President. There has been waay too many of them. This is a conservative board. Please take threads of this nature elsewhere. Thank you.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 28th, 2018),Tambora (March 27th, 2018)

Thread Information