User Tag List

Page 4 of 253 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Thanks
    Thanked 35,339 Times in 17,759 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    It's pretty hard to understand why you don't believe Jesus when he himself says that the father is the only true God!
    Jesus said, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." But, don't let what He, Himself, said. It's not included in your select few verses, so just toss all these other verses out.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.

Colossians 1:14-15
    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

And you dare to deny the Creator of all things.

John 1:1-3 tells you the exact same thing. But, you choose darkness over the light.

Col. 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Pride is what keeps you from reading these verses we give you. You hang on to the four or five verses you don't even understand.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

drbrumley (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018),Right Divider (March 23rd, 2018),Tambora (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that verse is very clear. And so are all the many verses saying that God is the God of Jesus, even Jesus saying so himself and his apostles say this also.

And what brings us to hell is not living by God's will, and living by the lusts of the flesh. Jesus said, those who enter into the kingdom of heaven, are those who do the will of father.
    And God called the Son "God," but you don't want to hear that, do you?

The Bible is a big book and you're content with 5 verses. What a shame.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

drbrumley (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018),Right Divider (March 23rd, 2018),Tambora (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jesus was the word of God, because he only spoke what God gave him to speak. He said his words we're not his own, but his father's which is in heaven, and it was he who sent him. So yes the word was God. Because God gave Christ Jesus every word to speak and Jesus spoke it. Doing the father's will and denying his own will to bare witness to the truth.

And I believe Jesus when he says that the father is the only true God. And that God sent him. They are his own words and I believe that they are the truth.
    No one can only say and do what another does unless they are one and the same.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,885 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yep, Marhig is right there at the bottom of the barrel with Popsthebuider. Even Meshak is not that far gone.
    That's ok, because Jesus says that we will be spoken evil of for speaking the truth, and he says that God chooses the nothings of this world. So you looking at me as nothing and from the bottom of the barrel gives me great hope, thanks

1 Corinthians 1

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Those that think they are something, God will bring down, and those who see themselves as nothing, God will lift up.

Btw, you may keep in mind the parable of the Pharisee and the publican in the temple!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

meshak (July 21st, 2018),popsthebuilder (March 31st, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's ok, because Jesus says that we will be spoken evil of for speaking the truth, and he says that God chooses the nothings of this world. So you looking at me as nothing and from the bottom of the barrel gives me great hope, thanks

1 Corinthians 1

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Those that think they are something, God will bring down, and those who see themselves as nothing, God will lift up.

Btw, you may keep in mind the parable of the Pharisee and the publican in the temple!
    Sadly, you know nothing of what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul.

So, you go right ahead and work toward the kingdom, while those who are in the Body of Christ are already hid with Christ in God. You haven't yet entered into God's grace.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (April 19th, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018),Tambora (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sadly, you know nothing of what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul.

So, you go right ahead and work toward the kingdom, while those who are in the Body of Christ are already hid with Christ in God. You haven't yet entered into God's grace.
    Too bad you ruin yourself as being a witness when you say what Jesus says is only for the Jews, and our obedience makes no difference to having life now and later.

Too bad you ruin yourself as a witness by being a foul mouth slanderer and hateful person.

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,644 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amen sister
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Too bad your ruin yourself as being a witness when you say what Jesus says is only for the Jews, and our obedience makes no difference to having life now and later.

Too bad you ruin yourself as a witness by being a foul mouth slanderer and hateful person.
    the worker bee speaks
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus said, "If you've seen me, you've seen the Father." But, don't let what He, Himself, said. It's not included in your select few verses, so just toss all these other verses out.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Jesus is the (visible) image of the invisible God.

Colossians 1:14-15
    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

And you dare to deny the Creator of all things.

John 1:1-3 tells you the exact same thing. But, you choose darkness over the light.

Col. 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Pride is what keeps you from reading these verses we give you. You hang on to the four or five verses you don't even understand.
    Quote: 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

That's because the father was in Jesus, Paul even says that God was in Christ reconciling the world into himself, and God was reconciling the world by his gospel, by the word of reconciliation which was in Christ Jesus given to him by the father. Jesus only spoke what he was given to speak of the father, Jesus even said his words are not his own.

Thus Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God, and not only the visible image but the express image. Because he only spoke what God gave him to speak and he only did what God told him to do, he lived completely by the will of the father because the father is his God.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

meshak (July 21st, 2018),popsthebuilder (March 31st, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    the worker bee speaks
    It is never ever shameful to obey Jesus.

What ensnared people.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    the worker bee speaks
    And that sting doesn't look much like love to me.....

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018),Tambora (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Content with 5 verses? You need to read the book again, there's a whole lot more than 5 verses that show that the way I believe is the truth. Would you like me to quote you some of them?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And that sting doesn't look much like love to me.....
    Oh there's the rub.

It isn't a sting to obey Jesus.

Oh how I love to obey Jesus' pure and beautiful words.

I have no life without him, and I care nothing about living any other way except by doing what he says; the words of God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    It is never ever shameful to obey Jesus.
    Never said it was.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Content with 5 verses? You need to read the book again, there's a whole lot more than 5 verses that show that the way I believe is the truth. Would you like me to quote you some of them?
    Who is the Redeemer, God or Jesus?

Thread Information