User Tag List

Page 3 of 253 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,873 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Well, it does concern you. And here is why......If Jesus wasn't created and not God, then you're a polytheist. And a heretic of the first order.

And if you don't know what a polytheist is, I would suggest you look it up.
    I believe what Jesus says, and he says that the father is the only true God and that he was sent by him.

And I believe that Jesus is speaking the truth. If that makes me a heretic in your eyes, then so be it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

meshak (July 21st, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 34,932 Times in 17,564 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    I believe what Jesus says, and he says that the father is the only true God and that he was sent by him.

And I believe that Jesus is speaking the truth. If that makes me a heretic in your eyes, then so be it!
    It makes you an idiot, because the Bible is more than one verse, and your misunderstanding of that verse will be your ticket to hell.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

drbrumley (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018),Right Divider (March 23rd, 2018),Tambora (March 30th, 2018),Tnkrbl123! (April 12th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,626 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Jesus IS A GOD!!!! Just Jesus is not the GOD THE FATHER!!!! all righty then.
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Wrong.

Pay close attention. Read what you wrote, and then read what the Bible says. IT SAYS: "His NAME is called the Word of God."

Rev.19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Are you blind? "The Word was God"...."The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

John 1:1
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

This is why I can never make it past your first sentence. You make stuff up that is total baloney. Read the Bible, for crying out loud. Pay attention and learn something for a change. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. HIS NAME IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD.
    As I said, he only ever spoke what the father gave him to speak. His words we're not his own. I don't care what you think of me, I only care what God thinks of me. Say what you want, God is our judge, the only way we judge is by his word and then he will judge all of us on what we've heard and how we live when we hear the truth.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

meshak (July 21st, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes you an idiot, because the Bible is more than one verse, and your misunderstanding of that verse will be your ticket to hell.
    Its pretty hard to outdue @meshak, but there it is in entirety....
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that verse is very clear. And so are all the many verses saying that God is the God of Jesus, even Jesus saying so himself and his apostles say this also.

And what brings us to hell is not living by God's will, and living by the lusts of the flesh. Jesus said, those who enter into the kingdom of heaven, are those who do the will of father.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (March 23rd, 2018),meshak (July 21st, 2018),popsthebuilder (March 31st, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Jesus IS A GOD!!!! Just Jesus is not the GOD THE FATHER!!!! all righty then.
    No because the father is the God of Jesus also. There is only one true God, and he's the father as Jesus himself clearly says.

You know what, I get slated in here because I don't believe in many of the doctrines brought in by some of you're denominations here. But you don't believe the words of Jesus himself! Which he speaks loud and clear. That the father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (March 23rd, 2018),meshak (July 21st, 2018),popsthebuilder (March 31st, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty hard to understand why you don't believe Jesus when he himself says that the father is the only true God!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

meshak (July 21st, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No because the father is the God of Jesus also. There is only one true God, and he's the father as Jesus himself clearly says.
    Um, you can't have it both ways.....is Jesus a created being? You answered "I believe what Jesus says, and he says that the father is the only true God and that he was sent by him." And when pressed further, you say basically so what if you're considered an heretic! I am only to conclude Jesus wasn't created. So I ask again Marhig, "Was Jesus a created being"?

You know what, I get slated in here because I don't believe in many of the doctrines brought in by some of you're denominations here. But you don't believe the words of Jesus himself! Which he speaks loud and clear. That the father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.
    You get slated because your dead wrong. And BTW, I am non-denominational.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    According to Acts 11:21, they were called Christians because they believed and turned unto the Lord.

Acts 11:21
    21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

Nothing in the passage states that they were called Christians because they "worshiped" Jesus.
    They worshiped Jesus.

Matthew 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

Matthew 2:8 He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”

Matthew 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matthew 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

Matthew 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Hebrews 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

Luke 17:16 He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him--and he was a Samaritan.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said, he only ever spoke what the father gave him to speak. His words we're not his own. I don't care what you think of me, I only care what God thinks of me. Say what you want, God is our judge, the only way we judge is by his word and then he will judge all of us on what we've heard and how we live when we hear the truth.
    Hypocrite. You just flat out ignored the scripture I gave you.

His NAME IS called the Word of God. You deny that. Ignorance is no excuse.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

drbrumley (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018),Tambora (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, Marhig is right there at the bottom of the barrel with Popsthebuider. Even Meshak is not that far gone.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

drbrumley (March 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018),Tambora (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingdomRose View Post
    It's dangerous to make statements about somebody or some thing that you don't know anything about. You wind up with egg on your face.

We "worship" Christ, just not as God. "Worship" is relative. It merely means to give honor or respect to. We worship a court judge as a high official, as well as we do a president or a governor. We worship Jesus as the Son of God, worthy of high praise and honor. The only One we worship as God Almighty is Jehovah,
    the Father
    . So you are very WRONG about your accusation.

Do you worship three Gods? We only worship one. Jehovah.
    We are to ONLY WORSHIP GOD.

Now read this:

Luke 4:8 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

Revelation 19:10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus."

No one in the Bible was ever commanded not to worship Jesus. We are told to worship God alone. Jesus WAS WORSHIPED. Jesus is God. I gave scripture where people threw themselves at Jesus' feet.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, you can't have it both ways.....is Jesus a created being? You answered "I believe what Jesus says, and he says that the father is the only true God and that he was sent by him." And when pressed further, you say basically so what if you're considered an heretic! I am only to conclude Jesus wasn't created. So I ask again Marhig, "Was Jesus a created being"?

You get slated because your dead wrong. And BTW, I am non-denominational.
    So if what you are saying is right, then Jesus is wrong also, because it his him that says that the father is the only true God, and that he is his God also.

And I believe him.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

meshak (July 21st, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I believe him.
    Good for you!!!! Is Jesus a created being?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 30th, 2018),lifeisgood (April 11th, 2018)

Thread Information