User Tag List

Thread: ‘We’ve lost all credibility’: GOP House intel member contradicts his own party’s Russ

Thanks
    Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,634 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

‘We’ve lost all credibility’: GOP House intel member contradicts his own party’s Russ

House Intelligence Committee member Rep. Tom Rooney (R-FL) on Monday admitted his panel has “lost all credibility” after waffling on whether or not he accepts his party’s conclusions on the Russia probe.

GOP committee members on Monday released a draft report from the year-long Russia probe that insisted there’s no evidence of collusion between Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia—and challenges the intelligence community’s assessment that Vladimir Putin interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/wev...be-conclusion/
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,755 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, Russia has launched a brazen terrorist attack against one of our closest allies. I'm sure we'll jump to their defense.

https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...nitely-russian

Congressional Republican treachery is complete.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are republicans in Congress who still realize that Putin is a vicious enemy. But someone needs to have the fiber to stand up and say so. And the last of those are retiring soon.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,755 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    There are republicans in Congress who still realize that Putin is a vicious enemy. But someone needs to have the fiber to stand up and say so. And the last of those are retiring soon.
    It would be a lot better for all of us if they'd find the fibre instead of waiting 8 more months for the Blue Tsunami to wash them away. But I'm not holding my breath.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the far-right philosophy is "me first." So their jobs mean more to them than doing the right thing.

With some exceptions. It's heartening to see those, like Rooney who at least maintains some sense of honesty. Most of those seem to be people who are about to quit the whole thing.

When the House Intelligence Committee ignored the intelligence community and a majority of foreign policy experts to conclude that Russia had not been trying to help Donald Trump when it meddled in the 2016 presidential election, they did so to come to the aid of the Republican president.

This fact has not gone unnoticed by other Republicans.

"Let’s talk about who’s investigating. You’ve got the House Intel Committee obviously, Devin Nunes, who tried to recuse himself but just couldn’t help himself, shuttling back and forth from the White House, being played as Donald Trump’s dupe — and that’s obvious that he was. Lying to the press corps right there, claiming he had information, then rushing over to the White House saying, ‘Hey, what information do I have?'" MSNBC pundit Joe Scarborough proclaimed on Tuesday morning.

He added, "This guy has been caught red-handed time and time again being nothing more than a courier for Donald Trump’s handlers down at the White House." The House Intelligence Committee's report, Scarborough insisted, was "made for talk radio" and had no value as a work of impartial analysis. Scarborough pointed to "the testimony of four intelligence officers appointed by Donald Trump testify before Congress that Russia tried to interfere in the election on behalf of Donald Trump. They know that."

Another Republican who attacked the committee's conclusion was Rep. Tom Rooney, R-Fla., who acknowledged to CNN's Erin Burnett on Monday night that the committee had lost its credibility because of its members' decisions to prioritize shaping the news cycle over getting things done.

https://www.salon.com/2018/03/13/joe...or-talk-radio/

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,226 Times in 2,434 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It's simple ... for the GOP, party trumps patriotism.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

rexlunae (March 13th, 2018),The Barbarian (March 13th, 2018)

Thread Information