User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
Results 181 to 190 of 190

Thread: Hello, Fundies! :)

  1. #181
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 194 Times in 155 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5175
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    It's all about finding and pointing out perceived "errors" for you isn't it? You think you find errors in scripture, in people's posts and then tell people they sinned because they are joking around, and they need to repent? Then I discover you doing the same things on another forum. You're an instigator like Woody Woodpecker.

    There are two creation stories and neither is an error.

    The errors I have seen are:
    1) people pretending there are not two creation stories and
    2) people declaring the two stories must be read literally.

    These are not errors in scripture. They are errors in interpretation and the error of denying what the text actually says.

    If you think making up quotes and attributing them to someone else is joking on a forum in which people only see words and may not look back to see the person is lying is a joke, then you have not thought through the situation.

    Someone could see that and think that I actually wrote those quotes, so Lon is in the wrong with his false witness and should delete his sinful posts.
    Last edited by 2003cobra; April 6th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.

  2. #182
    TOL Legend Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,511
    Thanks
    2,575
    Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,727 Posts

    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147724
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    It is nice to see that you finally admitted making up quotes and then falsely attributing them to me. Unfortunately, you showed no remorse for the sin you acknowledge.
    Anything to marginalize your opponents, Cobra. You are ruthless as well as a child, even using the Holy Lord Jesus Christ to try and marginalize others. You are a false accuser in addition to being a child in an adult body. You've lost not only your intelligence if you ever had it, you've lost your integrity if you ever had it too The next strike and you are out and on ignore. I can't seem to get you to take a few moments of introspection. I pray for it. -Lon
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 6th, 2018)

  4. #183
    TOL Legend Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,511
    Thanks
    2,575
    Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,727 Posts

    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147724
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post

    The errors I has seen are:
    1) people pretending there are not two creation stories and
    2) people declaring the two stories must be read literally.
    You are nobody to assert such a thing. Literally nobody knows you. You've written no books, taught no classes. You are just a little bucket of audacity declaring things that are not, as though they were and audacious enough to think you know something when you are really just an ignorant petty man who loves attention.

    These are not errors in scripture. They are errors in interpretation and the error of denying what the text actually says.
    Your life and theology is an error. You bounce from forum to forum just to pick fights. Scripture says not to do that, Cobra.

    If you think making up quotes and attributing them to someone else is joking on a forum in which people only see words and may not look back to see the person is lying is a joke, then you have not thought through the situation.
    No joke on my part. "I'm rubber, you are glue" and "I know you are, but what am I" is what I heard in grade-school and am shocked to see an old man still using variants of the same small-man grade-school tactics and lines. It is childish. No false accusation: You are a child in an old body and in need of growing up still.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    Someone could see that and think that I actually wrote those quotes, so Lon is in the wrong with his false witness and should delete his sinful posts.
    Never. YOU need to hear what people are telling you: You are a child and need to grow up. Others may joke with you about it. I used your quotes and gave you the equivalents to show you, CLEARLY, that you are stuck in grade school. The quotes attributed were and are there to show you that you have never grown up from your grade school banter days. You are stuck on the playground. I could not, in good conscience, redact my statements. You need to grow up. Here? It amounts to: "I don't like peas" - Cobra. I don't care if you don't like it. You need truth so that you will grow up as a man with a little hair on your chest. "I'm rubber you are glue" and "I know you are but what am I" stay. It is what you did. Until you realize you simply reiterated what you'd heard in grade school, you'll never learn. I want you to learn....and grow up. Your mode of operation is to flit forum by forum and pick inane fights and prognosticate your weak and dismissed views over and over again. It too is childish and unbecoming. You need to grow up.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (April 6th, 2018),Tambora (April 6th, 2018)

  6. #184
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,513
    Thanks
    950
    Thanked 938 Times in 545 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    529342
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    He did mention the “story in Chapter 1” and “the account in Chapter 2” as separate things.
    There you go again, misrepresenting the words of someone who disagrees with you as if what they say supports your silly ideas. This is apparently quite a habit with you.
    Not only is your desire to misrepresent what God says; to that you add misrepresenting what others say about what God has said.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    I am not the one making false claims.
    You most certainly are. You are falsely claiming that a respected Hebrew scholar who says that Gen 1 and Gen 2 are talking about a single creation from different points of view, recognizes two separate creations. Bald-faced dishonesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    Lon finally admitted his claims were false. I hope you you can eventually come to that point of admitting your error too.
    You are nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing. Exposed.
    Thanks Lon. Thanks AMR.
    This one finally hung himself.
    They always do.

    And thank you Cobra for giving me the opportunity to see a liberal fraudster in action. It always strengthens my faith.

    Heb 4:12KJV

    1Pe 1:23KJV
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 6th, 2018)

  8. #185
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 194 Times in 155 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5175
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Anything to marginalize your opponents, Cobra. You are ruthless as well as a child, even using the Holy Lord Jesus Christ to try and marginalize others. You are a false accuser in addition to being a child in an adult body. You've lost not only your intelligence if you ever had it, you've lost your integrity if you ever had it too The next strike and you are out and on ignore. I can't seem to get you to take a few moments of introspection. I pray for it. -Lon
    You say I lost my integrity in the same thread you fabricate quotes and falsely attribute them to me?

    Am I suppose to ignore lies posted about me?

  9. #186
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 194 Times in 155 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5175
    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    There you go again, misrepresenting the words of someone who disagrees with you as if what they say supports your silly ideas. This is apparently quite a habit with you.
    Not only is your desire to misrepresent what God says; to that you add misrepresenting what others say about what God has said.



    You most certainly are. You are falsely claiming that a respected Hebrew scholar who says that Gen 1 and Gen 2 are talking about a single creation from different points of view, recognizes two separate creations. Bald-faced dishonesty.



    You are nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing. Exposed.
    Thanks Lon. Thanks AMR.
    This one finally hung himself.
    They always do.

    And thank you Cobra for giving me the opportunity to see a liberal fraudster in action. It always strengthens my faith.

    Heb 4:12KJV

    1Pe 1:23KJV
    George, read the passages honestly, not filtered by your presuppositions, and you will see two creation stories with different orders and methods of creation.

    And look at the evidence that God has given us in creation and you will see that the earth is more than 6000 years old.

    You deny both the writings about our faith and the works God has given us dominion over.

  10. #187
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    9,247
    Thanks
    1,333
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,098 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501710
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    There are two creation stories and neither is an error.
    There is one creation story in two parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    The errors I have seen are:
    1) people pretending there are not two creation stories and
    2) people declaring the two stories must be read literally.
    The errors you are making are pretending there are two creation stories and refusing to accept what the creation story states.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    These are not errors in scripture. They are errors in interpretation and the error of denying what the text actually says.
    Yes, you are guilty of doing just that.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    George Affleck (April 10th, 2018)

  12. #188
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    9,247
    Thanks
    1,333
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,098 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501710
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    George, read the passages honestly, not filtered by your presuppositions, and you will see two creation stories with different orders and methods of creation.
    You are mistaken about what the creation story states.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    And look at the evidence that God has given us in creation and you will see that the earth is more than 6000 years old.
    Scientists have misinterpreted the evidence to support their presupposition that the heaven and earth came into being without God creating them.
    The evidence shows that the entire world was covered by a global flood around 4370 years ago and was created around 6000 years ago.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    George Affleck (April 10th, 2018)

  14. #189
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 194 Times in 155 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5175
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You are mistaken about what the creation story states.


    Scientists have misinterpreted the evidence to support their presupposition that the heaven and earth came into being without God creating them.
    The evidence shows that the entire world was covered by a global flood around 4370 years ago and was created around 6000 years ago.
    On the contrary, your presupposition that the Bible is a book detailing science and prehistory has led you to deny evidence that God has given us in creation.

    And your presuppositions about the first creation story have led you to deny what the second creation story literally says.

  15. #190
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    9,247
    Thanks
    1,333
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,098 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501710
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    On the contrary, your presupposition that the Bible is a book detailing science and prehistory has led you to deny evidence that God has given us in creation.

    And your presuppositions about the first creation story have led you to deny what the second creation story literally says.
    There is no second creation story.
    There is a single creation story and a second story about the garden of Eden that you are still trying to claim is a second creation story.

    The evidence for a global flood around 4370 years ago is so massive that most scientists are unable to accept that it all comes from the same cataclysmic event and the after effects of that event, so the evidence has been reinterpreted as belonging to millions and billions of years.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    George Affleck (April 17th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us