User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 83

Thread: Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?

  1. #31
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,821
    Thanks
    4,513
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147693
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post

    Is Calvinism the gospel? Yes or no?
    Let's see:

    Spoiler

    I do not believe we can preach the gospel if we do not preach justification by faith without works; nor unless we preach the sovereignty of God in His dispensation of grace; nor unless we exalt the electing unchangeable eternal, immutable, conquering love of Jehovah; nor do I think we can preach the gospel unless we base it upon the special and particular redemption of His elect and chosen people which Christ wrought out upon the cross. - Spurgeon The New Park Street Pulpit, Vol. 1, 1856


    Yes, these are vital aspects of the Gospel, unless, of course, you think the Gospel is some mere incantation:
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5076158

    If we analyze the kerygma (proclamation) found in the book of Acts, we see the message Jesus was born of woman, of the seed of David, according to the Scriptures. He lived a sinless life, made a sacrificial atonement on the cross, was raised by God from the dead for our justification, and ascended into heaven to the right hand of God, where He is crowned Lord of lords and King of kings, from where He will return and judge the world. The benefits of this is reconciliation, forgiveness of sins, and justification, from which we get peace with God, which is received by faith alone. That is the gospel in brief. Now as the link above illustrates, understanding what terms like justification, atonement, reconciliation, Jesus, and so on mean is not not the gospel. Rather they (and more) are part and parcel of the Good News, else some are believing in some intellectual idol of their own making at their peril.

    So when you cherry pick Spurgeon quotes, be certain you understand his full corpus wherein he treats all these important components of the gospel. The quote you are alluding to speaks to the fact that unless one preaches the things that are the warp and woof of the gospel, the gospel is simply not being preached. If the gospel is simply a passage lifted from Scripture, then Sunday sermons should be about five minutes long.

    Calvinism affirms all those things stated just above. Immediately preceding the quote in the spoiler above, Spurgeon winsomely says it is his opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. (op cit)

    If you think Calvinism is just TULIP (an acrostic that only appeared in the 19th century as a memory aid), then I can understand your consternation. No, Calvinism is much more than five points describing the doctrines of grace. Or, if you think Calvinism means John Calvin is the Calvinist's regula fidei, you are just adopting the usual canards found on discussion sites like this one. Oddly, however, you won't find most Calvinists claiming Arminians look to Arminius as their rule of faith, or open theists worship at the feet of the openist trinity of Pinnock, Boyd, and Sanders. Yet many non-Calvinists seem to take some pleasure in trafficking that sort of vitriolic currency.

    Accordingly, when all this is taken into consideration—not just looking at a naked quote absent context and demanding an answer—I have no problem agreeing with Spurgeon. Why shouldn't Spurgeon say so? After all, Paul was a rabid Calvinist, too.


    AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

    nikolai_42 (October 26th, 2018)

  3. #32
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 95 Times in 68 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19347
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    The gospel is the gospel. Calvin correctly observed the gospel as stated in God's word.
    You are asking an ignorant question, 7djengo7. I cannot change your ignorance.
    I am, indeed, ignorant as to how you would answer the question I've asked you repeatedly: "Is Calvinism the gospel?"

    By saying "I cannot change your ignorance," you are admitting to me that you cannot answer the question, "Is Calvinism the gospel." And now, one thing I am not ignorant of is the fact that you cannot answer the question.

    You have persistently refused to answer the question, while earlier lying to me by saying that you have answered it.

    So, for the sake of argument, pretend it be true that you have answered it (though you never have); now look at what you're saying about that same question you pretend you have answered: you are calling it "an ignorant question." You are saying you have answered what you now call "an ignorant question." Why any self-respecting person would answer a question they consider to be, as you term it, "an ignorant question," is beyond me. But, again, the fact remains: you've not answered the question, "Is Calvinism the gospel?"

    I never asked you, "Is the gospel the gospel?" But, clearly, had I asked you that, you are able to answer it. You have not answered a single question I have asked you, but you have answered one I did not ask when you said "The gospel is the gospel." I give you kudos for being truthful with me, there, as you've not been thus far. But, then, it's impossible to go wrong when you're doing nothing but affirming a tautology, and your affirming it served no purpose, whatsoever.

    Why do you voluntarily come out and affirm, "The gospel is the gospel," but you absolutely refuse to affirm, "Calvinism is the gospel?"

    Why is it so easy for you to say, "The gospel is the gospel," but so impossible for you to say either, "Calvinism is the gospel," or "Calvinism is not the gospel?"

    Is Calvinism the gospel? Yes or no?

  4. #33
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 194 Times in 168 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    I am, indeed, ignorant as to how you would answer the question I've asked you repeatedly: "Is Calvinism the gospel?"

    By saying "I cannot change your ignorance," you are admitting to me that you cannot answer the question, "Is Calvinism the gospel." And now, one thing I am not ignorant of is the fact that you cannot answer the question.

    You have persistently refused to answer the question, while earlier lying to me by saying that you have answered it.

    So, for the sake of argument, pretend it be true that you have answered it (though you never have); now look at what you're saying about that same question you pretend you have answered: you are calling it "an ignorant question." You are saying you have answered what you now call "an ignorant question." Why any self-respecting person would answer a question they consider to be, as you term it, "an ignorant question," is beyond me. But, again, the fact remains: you've not answered the question, "Is Calvinism the gospel?"

    I never asked you, "Is the gospel the gospel?" But, clearly, had I asked you that, you are able to answer it. You have not answered a single question I have asked you, but you have answered one I did not ask when you said "The gospel is the gospel." I give you kudos for being truthful with me, there, as you've not been thus far. But, then, it's impossible to go wrong when you're doing nothing but affirming a tautology, and your affirming it served no purpose, whatsoever.

    Why do you voluntarily come out and affirm, "The gospel is the gospel," but you absolutely refuse to affirm, "Calvinism is the gospel?"

    Why is it so easy for you to say, "The gospel is the gospel," but so impossible for you to say either, "Calvinism is the gospel," or "Calvinism is not the gospel?"

    Is Calvinism the gospel? Yes or no?
    I answered your question. If you cannot grasp the answer, it shows you are blind and deaf. I cannot help you. May God have mercy on your ignorance.

  5. #34
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,353 Times in 8,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147854
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    I answered your question. If you cannot grasp the answer, it shows you are blind and deaf. I cannot help you. May God have mercy on your ignorance.
    Prove that you are not "blind and deaf," and thus that you are one of "the elect." How does a Calvinist/Clavinist know that he/she is one of "the elect?" How do we, the TOL audience, know that you are one of "the elect? " How does a Calvinist know that their "little ones" are not consigned to hell, i.e., that they are not one of "the elect?"


    Unpack it for us. And keep your answer(s) simple, for some of us country bumpkins.
    Saint John W

  6. #35
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 95 Times in 68 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19347
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    I answered your question. If you cannot grasp the answer, it shows you are blind and deaf. I cannot help you. May God have mercy on your ignorance.
    Oh, you're right! I missed it! These threads, you know, they get a little busy and cluttered. Easy to overlook when someone honestly answers a simple question, since few people honestly answer simple questions, you know? Silly me! Now I see it. I now see where you, indeed, forthrightly affirmed: "Calvinism is NOT the gospel! Spurgeon was wrong!" Sorry to have missed that.


    Since you're a Calvinist, I never expected to find you DENYING that Calvinism is the gospel. So, I suppose you can understand my surprise to find you denying that Calvinism is the gospel.

    So, now progress can be made. Why do you affirm that Calvinism is NOT the gospel? Why do you contradict what Spurgeon said?

    Why do you deny that Calvinism is the gospel?

  7. #36
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 194 Times in 168 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Oh, you're right! I missed it! These threads, you know, they get a little busy and cluttered. Easy to overlook when someone honestly answers a simple question, since few people honestly answer simple questions, you know? Silly me! Now I see it. I now see where you, indeed, forthrightly affirmed: "Calvinism is NOT the gospel! Spurgeon was wrong!" Sorry to have missed that.


    Since you're a Calvinist, I never expected to find you DENYING that Calvinism is the gospel. So, I suppose you can understand my surprise to find you denying that Calvinism is the gospel.

    So, now progress can be made. Why do you affirm that Calvinism is NOT the gospel? Why do you contradict what Spurgeon said?

    Why do you deny that Calvinism is the gospel?
    You are twisted like a pretzel. You know exactly what I have stated. Since you cannot understand, I will leave you to play on your own. You will have to stand before God and have him explain your error.

  8. #37
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 95 Times in 68 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19347
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    You are twisted like a pretzel. You know exactly what I have stated. Since you cannot understand, I will leave you to play on your own. You will have to stand before God and have him explain your error.
    Amazing! You're so cultish and evasive in your dealings with objections to your ideology that, not only will you persistently stonewall against my question, "Is Calvinism the gospel?", never to answer it, but, even after I tried to lead you to specifically declare that you never stated "Calvinism is NOT the gospel!" you don't even come out and specifically deny saying "Calvinism is NOT the gospel!"

    Here are two things I know:

    1. You have not stated "Calvinism IS NOT the gospel,"

    AND

    2. You have not stated "Calvinism IS the gospel."

    Having stated neither, you have not answered my question, "Is Calvinism the gospel?"
    Thus, when you said that you answered it, you were lying.

    The reason you refuse to answer my question is, because, for you to say that Calvinism is the gospel would necessarily be for you to damn your own statement, "While there are Calvinists who are elect, there are also Calvinists who are not."

    Why must affirming that Calvinism is the gospel be damning to your statement that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]?" It's really very, very simple to understand.

    1. To be a Calvinist is to believe Calvinism,
    2. Calvinism is the gospel,
    3. To be a Calvinist is to believe the gospel,
    4. Only the elect can believe the gospel,
    5. The gospel is Calvinism,
    6. Only the elect can believe Calvinism,
    7. Only the elect can be Calvinists.

    Since ONLY the elect can believe the gospel, ONLY the elect can be Calvinists, and so, if you hold that ONLY the elect can believe the gospel, then you contradict yourself by saying (and I quote) "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]."

    To say "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]" is nothing other than to say "there are believers of the gospel who are not elect!" But, according to TULIP theology, it is impossible for a person who is not elect to believe the gospel, because regeneration is necessary to belief of the gospel, and none but the elect are regenerated.

    So, my advice to you is to reject at least one of the two following propositions:

    1. There are Calvinists who are not elect,
    2. Only the elect can believe the gospel.

    When you say that there are Calvinists who are not elect, you are saying that there are Calvinists who do not believe Calvinism, which is a manifestly stupid thing to say.

    Bringing out meaningless references to John Calvin, self-identifying, agreeing academically, going to a Reformed church, etc. does not amount to a hill of beans for you, here, other than, perhaps as an attempt at distraction from the fact that there is stark incoherence between your TULIP theology propositions. I realize, now, that you don't care about theological coherence, anyway.

    On a side note, you wrote to me: "You will have to stand before God and have him explain your error."

    Correct me if I'm mistaken, here, but it sure looks like you are declaring me to be one of the non-elect--the eternally reprobate!

    Or, do you (a voice of TULIP theology) say that the elect will also have to stand before God and have Him explain their error?

    One of the fun things about Calvinists is that they delight in the thought that they, the elect, will, in heaven, somehow get to observe the non-elect suffering endless, fiery torment, and they will cheer on at the spectacle, and be glad at the reprobates' inexorable calamity. Just ask President Edwards.

  9. #38
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 194 Times in 168 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Amazing! You're so cultish and evasive in your dealings with objections to your ideology that, not only will you persistently stonewall against my question, "Is Calvinism the gospel?", never to answer it, but, even after I tried to lead you to specifically declare that you never stated "Calvinism is NOT the gospel!" you don't even come out and specifically deny saying "Calvinism is NOT the gospel!"

    Here are two things I know:

    1. You have not stated "Calvinism IS NOT the gospel,"

    AND

    2. You have not stated "Calvinism IS the gospel."

    Having stated neither, you have not answered my question, "Is Calvinism the gospel?"
    Thus, when you said that you answered it, you were lying.

    The reason you refuse to answer my question is, because, for you to say that Calvinism is the gospel would necessarily be for you to damn your own statement, "While there are Calvinists who are elect, there are also Calvinists who are not."

    Why must affirming that Calvinism is the gospel be damning to your statement that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]?" It's really very, very simple to understand.

    1. To be a Calvinist is to believe Calvinism,
    2. Calvinism is the gospel,
    3. To be a Calvinist is to believe the gospel,
    4. Only the elect can believe the gospel,
    5. The gospel is Calvinism,
    6. Only the elect can believe Calvinism,
    7. Only the elect can be Calvinists.

    Since ONLY the elect can believe the gospel, ONLY the elect can be Calvinists, and so, if you hold that ONLY the elect can believe the gospel, then you contradict yourself by saying (and I quote) "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]."

    To say "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]" is nothing other than to say "there are believers of the gospel who are not elect!" But, according to TULIP theology, it is impossible for a person who is not elect to believe the gospel, because regeneration is necessary to belief of the gospel, and none but the elect are regenerated.

    So, my advice to you is to reject at least one of the two following propositions:

    1. There are Calvinists who are not elect,
    2. Only the elect can believe the gospel.

    When you say that there are Calvinists who are not elect, you are saying that there are Calvinists who do not believe Calvinism, which is a manifestly stupid thing to say.

    Bringing out meaningless references to John Calvin, self-identifying, agreeing academically, going to a Reformed church, etc. does not amount to a hill of beans for you, here, other than, perhaps as an attempt at distraction from the fact that there is stark incoherence between your TULIP theology propositions. I realize, now, that you don't care about theological coherence, anyway.

    On a side note, you wrote to me: "You will have to stand before God and have him explain your error."

    Correct me if I'm mistaken, here, but it sure looks like you are declaring me to be one of the non-elect--the eternally reprobate!

    Or, do you (a voice of TULIP theology) say that the elect will also have to stand before God and have Him explain their error?

    One of the fun things about Calvinists is that they delight in the thought that they, the elect, will, in heaven, somehow get to observe the non-elect suffering endless, fiery torment, and they will cheer on at the spectacle, and be glad at the reprobates' inexorable calamity. Just ask President Edwards.
    LOL, a Reformed Christian being called cultish by a Pelagian.
    Last edited by MennoSota; October 9th, 2018 at 08:30 PM.

  10. #39
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,841
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,813 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    So the answer is absolutely NO the Elect can never be the workers of iniquity spoken of in Ps 5:5 because God doesn't hate the elect but Loves them, even while they're enemies and sinners, Read Rom 5:8

    8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (October 12th, 2018)

  12. #40
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 213 Times in 192 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    20327
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    So the answer is absolutely NO the Elect can never be the workers of iniquity spoken of in Ps 5:5 because God doesn't hate the elect but Loves them, even while they're enemies and sinners, Read Rom 5:8

    8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    Dear Mr. elect: Do you know that the entire Romans 5 has lovely declarations?

    The mass of mankind are "made sinners">>>>>

    The mass of mankind are "made righteous."


    Yes, beloved 57, the same mass (the polus) made sinners, is the polus made righteous! Every last one.

  13. #41
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,821
    Thanks
    4,513
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147693
    Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Dear Mr. elect: Do you know that the entire Romans 5 has lovely declarations?

    The mass of mankind are "made sinners">>>>>

    The mass of mankind are "made righteous."


    Yes, beloved 57, the same mass (the polus) made sinners, is the polus made righteous! Every last one.
    Worth a review to properly address the argument:

    Logical orderings of the decree of God (esp. as relates to the "lump of clay" contemplated in God's hands):
    http://www.romans45.org/articles/sup_infr.htm

    Hyper-Calvinism as in B57:
    http://www.romans45.org/articles/hypercal.htm

    AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  14. #42
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,841
    Thanks
    623
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,813 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    51000
    Quote Originally Posted by FineLinen View Post
    Dear Mr. elect: Do you know that the entire Romans 5 has lovely declarations?

    The mass of mankind are "made sinners">>>>>

    The mass of mankind are "made righteous."


    Yes, beloved 57, the same mass (the polus) made sinners, is the polus made righteous! Every last one.
    Rabbit trail ! Did you want to discuss the points made ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  15. #43
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,821
    Thanks
    4,513
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147693
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Prove that you are not "blind and deaf," and thus that you are one of "the elect." How does a Calvinist/Clavinist know that he/she is one of "the elect?" How do we, the TOL audience, know that you are one of "the elect? "
    Why for the very same reasons you know you are born anew and saved!

    The only difference in the Calvinist and the anti-Calvinist is that the former eventually comes to the realization that he or she contributed not one scintilla to their saved state of affairs, while the latter assumes they arrived at their born anew state as the result of their own moral capability still present in their fallen state in Adam. No matter. Both will greet each other in their glory, wherein the Calvinist will then be able to remind them how they exactly got there.

    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    How does a Calvinist know that their "little ones" are not consigned to hell, i.e., that they are not one of "the elect?"
    I suppose it depends upon how one views the death of those who die in infancy. Some assume all such infants who die in infancy are heaven bound. Others, Calvinists and non-Calvinists alike, assume only the elect arrive in Heaven, hence all elect infants who die in infancy go to heaven. Believing parents may hope their children—outward members of the covenant of grace within which the believing parents are members—who die in infancy are in heaven, but we may not demand it to be so.

    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Unpack it for us. And keep your answer(s) simple, for some of us country bumpkins.
    Asked and answered, simply, bumpkin style.

    AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  16. #44
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    12,793
    Thanks
    1,246
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147821
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    He lived a sinless life, made a sacrificial atonement on the cross, was raised by God from the dead for our justification, and ascended into heaven to the right hand of God, where He is crowned Lord of lords and King of kings, from where He will return and judge the world.
    So are you saying that the Lord Jesus is now in heaven reigning from the throne of David?

  17. #45
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,353 Times in 8,605 Posts

    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147854
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    How does a Calvinist know that their "little ones" are not consigned to hell, i.e., that they are not one of "the elect?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    I suppose it depends upon how one views the death of those who die in infancy. Some assume all such infants who die in infancy are heaven bound. Others, Calvinists and non-Calvinists alike, assume only the elect arrive in Heaven, hence all elect infants who die in infancy go to heaven. Believing parents may hope their children—outward members of the covenant of grace within which the believing parents are members—who die in infancy are in heaven, but we may not demand it to be so.
    1. Non responsive.
    How does a Calvinist know that their "little ones[QUOTE=Ask Mr. Religion;5280031]2. Catch that, folks? "I suppose...." The above, and this "I suppose..." jazz, is the Calvinist version, definition, of "good news."

    Thanks for the "good news," Calvinists....


    Saint John W

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us