User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82

Thread: Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?

  1. #1
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,566
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,647 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52163

    Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?

    Ps 5:5

    5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.


    Matt 7:23

    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

    Are those God Loves, Christ died for, workers of iniquity before God ? The answer is absolutely NO.

    Yes naturally speaking, those God Loves and Christ died for are by nature sinners, even the very worst of sinners, however they are not the workers of iniquity that God hates and those whom Christ will eventually say to them " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

    See those sinners God Loves, He Loves them inspite of themselves Rom 5:8

    8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

    Now thats quite different from God hating the workers of iniquity.

    See the sinners God Loves, and Christ died for, God does not impute their iniquity/sins upon them Ps 32:2

    Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

    Rom 4:8

    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

    However those whom God hates, and calls them worker of iniquity is Gods way of saying your iniquties are charged upon you. They are still accountable before God for all their iniquties.

    Christ was never for them Isa 53:5,11

    5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

    So God doesn't impute them with iniquity, nor designate them workers of iniquity whom He hates !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. #2
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,566
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,647 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52163
    Those sinners Christ died for, gave Himself for, which are His Sheep, they arent the workers of iniquity because He hath redeemed them from all iniquity Titus 2:14

    14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  3. #3
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    9,247
    Thanks
    1,333
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,098 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    501710
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?
    Yes, a lot of Calvinists that claim to be God's Elect are workers of iniquity, despite what they call themselves.
    Many Calvinists live righteously, so you can't just say Calvinists are workers of iniquity since that would be misleading.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  4. #4
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,566
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,647 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52163
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Yes, a lot of Calvinists that claim to be God's Elect are workers of iniquity, despite what they call themselves.
    Many Calvinists live righteously, so you can't just say Calvinists are workers of iniquity since that would be misleading.
    Evasion and rabbit trail

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. #5
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,233
    Thanks
    1,472
    Thanked 717 Times in 689 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Ps 5:5

    5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.


    Matt 7:23

    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

    Are those God Loves, Christ died for, workers of iniquity before God ? The answer is absolutely NO.

    Yes naturally speaking, those God Loves and Christ died for are by nature sinners, even the very worst of sinners, however they are not the workers of iniquity that God hates and those whom Christ will eventually say to them " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

    See those sinners God Loves, He Loves them inspite of themselves Rom 5:8

    8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

    Now thats quite different from God hating the workers of iniquity.

    See the sinners God Loves, and Christ died for, God does not impute their iniquity/sins upon them Ps 32:2

    Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

    Rom 4:8

    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

    However those whom God hates, and calls them worker of iniquity is Gods way of saying your iniquties are charged upon you. They are still accountable before God for all their iniquties.

    Christ was never for them Isa 53:5,11

    5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

    So God doesn't impute them with iniquity, nor designate them workers of iniquity whom He hates !

    Excellent !

    God's Elect were never workers of iniquity because He reconciled them to Himself from Everlasting, thus never having their sins charged imputed to them.

    2 Cor. 5:19
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

    Rom. 5:10
    For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

    Non-imputation of of sin / iniquity means that God's Elect were always in a state of being declared Righteous / Justified even while being His enemies and unbelievers.

    The condemnation of sin / iniquity was never laid to their charge, but to their Surety Heb. 7:22 in their stead Is. 53:6.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  6. #6
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,566
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,647 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52163
    Nanja

    Non-imputation of of sin / iniquity means that God's Elect were always in a state of being declared Righteous / Justified even while being His enemies and unbelievers.
    And thats why they cannot be of the workers of iniquity, the sinners classified as such by Ps 5:5 and Matt 7:23
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  7. #7
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,233
    Thanks
    1,472
    Thanked 717 Times in 689 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Nanja



    And thats why they cannot be of the workers of iniquity, the sinners classified as such by Ps 5:5 and Matt 7:23
    Right, my point exactly.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (March 10th, 2018)

  9. #8
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,566
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,647 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52163
    So to say the those Christ died for are workers of iniquity, that would go against the accomplishment of Christs sacrificial death which redeemed them He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

    14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

    Therefore, even though the elect are naturally sinners like all others, since Christ died for them and redeemed them from all iniquity, therefore God seeth [in a way of condemnation] no sin in them, for Christs sake.

    Also see Numbers 23:21

    He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  10. #9
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,233
    Thanks
    1,472
    Thanked 717 Times in 689 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    So to say the those Christ died for are workers of iniquity, that would go against the accomplishment of Christs sacrificial death which redeemed them He died for from all iniquity Titus 2:14

    14[FONT="]Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

    Therefore, even though the elect are naturally sinners like all others, since Christ died for them and redeemed them from all iniquity, therefore God seeth [in a way of condemnation] no sin in them, for Christs sake.

    Also see Numbers 23:21

    [/FONT]
    [FONT="]He hath not beheld [/FONT]iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

    Amen, what a Blessing Brother !

    God's Elect we were never the workers of iniquity because Christ our Surety Heb. 7:22 redeemed us from all iniquity before the foundation of the world, and therefore were absolved of all guilt of sin !

    And the Truth of this Blessing is revealed to all His Elect when He gives us Faith in New Birth Gal. 5:22 to believe this Truth of His Grace given on our behalf !

    Eph. 1:7
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

    So the Elect's sins were never imputed to them, but to Christ the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8b.

    Ps. 32:1-2

    1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

    2 Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.


    Jer. 50:20
    In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

    So Jacob and Israel in Num. 23:21 has nothing to do with ethnicity, but are representative of all God's Elect, the reserved, pardoned and Redeemed Ones from every nation, tribe and tongue Rev. 5:9.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  11. #10
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,390
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 159 Times in 135 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Ps 5:5

    5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.


    Matt 7:23

    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

    Are those God Loves, Christ died for, workers of iniquity before God ? The answer is absolutely NO.

    Yes naturally speaking, those God Loves and Christ died for are by nature sinners, even the very worst of sinners, however they are not the workers of iniquity that God hates and those whom Christ will eventually say to them " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

    See those sinners God Loves, He Loves them inspite of themselves Rom 5:8

    8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

    Now thats quite different from God hating the workers of iniquity.

    See the sinners God Loves, and Christ died for, God does not impute their iniquity/sins upon them Ps 32:2

    Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

    Rom 4:8

    8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

    However those whom God hates, and calls them worker of iniquity is Gods way of saying your iniquties are charged upon you. They are still accountable before God for all their iniquties.

    Christ was never for them Isa 53:5,11

    5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

    So God doesn't impute them with iniquity, nor designate them workers of iniquity whom He hates !
    While I agree with your premise and conclusion, I would be remiss if I didn't cringe at the proof texting being done without anyone looking at the context surrounding the verses you quote. Sentences never live in a vacuum and I would welcome you and others to read the verses that surround your quotes to test whether you are using the quotes accurately.
    This seems fair to me as I demand the same from those with whom I disagree.

  12. #11
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,390
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 159 Times in 135 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Yes, a lot of Calvinists that claim to be God's Elect are workers of iniquity, despite what they call themselves.
    Many Calvinists live righteously, so you can't just say Calvinists are workers of iniquity since that would be misleading.
    The elect and those who claim to be Calvinists are two different things. While there are Calvinists who are elect, there are also Calvinists who are not. Proof of this is our TOL colleague, Gregory, who claims he was once a Calvinist, but shows no evidence of being elect.
    Let us focus on God's word, which speaks of the elect, and stop with the foolish idea that election did not exist until Calvin came along.

  13. #12
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,566
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,647 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52163
    Though Gods Elect are by nature sinners like other folks, unlike the non elect,they have through Christ and for His name sake been forgiven all their trespassing Col 2:13;Eph 4:32 and so again God does not charge the elect with their iniquity as He does the non elect.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  14. #13
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,233
    Thanks
    1,472
    Thanked 717 Times in 689 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27607
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Though Gods Elect are by nature sinners like other folks, unlike the non elect,they have through Christ and for His name sake been forgiven all their trespassing Col 2:13;Eph 4:32 and so again God does not charge the elect with their iniquity as He does the non elect.

    True indeed, and that's because Legally, according to God's Law and Justice, His Elect were declared to be righteous, justified by Christ's Blood, even while they were His enemies and in a state of sinfulness.

    Rom. 5:8-10

    8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

    9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

    10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (September 2nd, 2018)

  16. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    The elect and those who claim to be Calvinists are two different things. While there are Calvinists who are elect, there are also Calvinists who are not. Proof of this is our TOL colleague, Gregory, who claims he was once a Calvinist, but shows no evidence of being elect.
    Let us focus on God's word, which speaks of the elect, and stop with the foolish idea that election did not exist until Calvin came along.
    Wait a second, there!

    Isn't Calvinism supposed to be simply one and the same thing as the gospel? ("Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else." -C. H. Spurgeon)

    So, then, to be a Calvinist is nothing else than to be a believer of Calvinism (a.k.a. "TULIP theology"), which is nothing else than to be a believer of the gospel, no? And yet, you say, here, that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]." So, you are saying that "there are also [believers of the gospel] who are not [elect]"! Interesting! And, according to TULIP theology, those who aren't elect are "eternally reprobate." So, what you've handed us, here, is that "there are also [believers of the gospel] who are [eternally reprobate]."

    You speak of one, Gregory, as one "who claims he was once a Calvinist..." Are you denying what he claims? Are you affirming that he never was a Calvinist? If he was never a Calvinist, then why would you say that he is "proof" that "there are also Calvinists who are not [elect]"? How is mentioning someone who isn't--and who never has been--a Calvinist, the least bit relevant to any attempt to prove that some Calvinists are not elect? As a non-Calvinist, he could not be an example of "Calvinists who are not [elect]."


  17. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,016 Times in 8,435 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Are Gods Elect ever the workers of iniquity ?
    How do you/we, know, that you are one of "God's Elect?"


    Bedeviled666 won't touch that, as he/she/it has been asked the question for years, and yet, not a peep.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Right Divider (October 5th, 2018),steko (October 8th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us