User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77

Thread: Just a few rapture questions

  1. #46
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,903
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 980 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    499558
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    According to Revelation the Great Tribulation lasts 3 1/2 years (or 42 months).
    Revelation does not say how long the tribulation will last.
    A careful comparison of scriptures shows that the time of the seven seals is the time of the great tribulation spoken of by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse.
    The 3 1/2 year or 42 month period during the trumpets will happen sometime after the end of the great tribulation, but before the wrath of God on the nations.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  2. #47
    TOL Subscriber Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,542
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 395 Times in 363 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    147879
    Quote Originally Posted by DansingWall View Post
    Hi ya doin Zeke. Not sure what your trying to say
    Good you? Pretty simple really, my point, like it has been for a long while is the scripture traditional christianity makes historical portrayed by the biblical stories is not history, which is only a covering to hide the spiritual substance underneath that outward portrayal.

    You know what portray, picture, painting, speaking with hand gestures, statue symbol, figurative, allegory, dark sayings, parable, is, just few of the sundry ways used by God to speak to men Gal 4:1 as spiritual infants, until Called into sonship by His voice in you portrayed as being asleep, now I know I am know intellectual giant but those words even I can understand whats being implied by those teaching methods pointing to my point clearly stated by Luke 17:21, the only temple our Spiritual king has ever dwelt in since the foundation of this world Acts 17:24 , pretty easy scripture to follow, must be another reason or you would have pointed to where it was so confusing hands with spirit.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

  3. #48
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    There are more than one "Day of the Lord" mentioned in the Bible.
    Maybe in yours but theres only 1 Day of the Lord in the ole King James

    Ezekiel 39:8 (KJV)
    8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

    Thus saith the LORD!

  4. #49
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Good you? Pretty simple really, my point, like it has been for a long while is the scripture traditional christianity makes historical portrayed by the biblical stories is not history, which is only a covering to hide the spiritual substance underneath that outward portrayal.

    You know what portray, picture, painting, speaking with hand gestures, statue symbol, figurative, allegory, dark sayings, parable, is, just few of the sundry ways used by God to speak to men Gal 4:1 as spiritual infants, until Called into sonship by His voice in you portrayed as being asleep, now I know I am know intellectual giant but those words even I can understand whats being implied by those teaching methods pointing to my point clearly stated by Luke 17:21, the only temple our Spiritual king has ever dwelt in since the foundation of this world Acts 17:24 , pretty easy scripture to follow, must be another reason or you would have pointed to where it was so confusing hands with spirit.
    I guess i was tryin to figure out what you were saying that has anything to do with the so called rapture

  5. #50
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564
    Asked this question before. How many general resurrections are yet to happen? Rapturist or non rapturist. If you can show me more than 2 {thats all i found} please show me the scripture

  6. #51
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,903
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 980 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    499558
    Quote Originally Posted by DansingWall View Post
    Maybe in yours but theres only 1 Day of the Lord in the ole King James
    Even the King James shows that there are more than one day of the lord.

    Isaiah 2 the day of the lord on Judah and Jerusalem.
    Isaiah 13 the day of the lord on Babylon.
    Isaiah 34 the day of the lord on all nations except for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
    Jeremiah 46 the day of the lord on Egypt.
    Lamentations 2 the day of the lord against the house of Judah.
    Ezekiel 13 the day of the lord against Israel.
    Ezekiel 30 the day of the lord against Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, and Lydia.
    Joel 1-2 the day of the lord against Zion.
    Joel 3 the day of the lord against the heathen/Gentiles/nations.
    Amos 5 the day of the lord against the house of Israel.
    Obadiah the day of the lord against all heathen/Gentiles/nations.
    Zephaniah 1-2 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.
    Zechariah 14 the day of the lord on the nations surrounding Jerusalem.
    Malachi 4 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  7. #52
    TOL Subscriber Zeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,542
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 395 Times in 363 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    147879
    Quote Originally Posted by DansingWall View Post
    I guess i was tryin to figure out what you were saying that has anything to do with the so called rapture
    Wish you would have stated that with the original response. Finding/shown the Door would be better analogy of stepping through into the next world than Rapture which is more like spiritually vibrating in rapture, alias bliss mode. those taste being crumbs falling between the literal cracks of traditional teachings to make us look closure as to what's shinning through them.

    Rapture like the second coming when applied outwardly is chinking material to fill the cracks that let light out from Christ within the mystery Col 1:27, most everyone claims to believe but really don't.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

  8. #53
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Even the King James shows that there are more than one day of the lord.

    Isaiah 2 the day of the lord on Judah and Jerusalem.
    Isaiah 13 the day of the lord on Babylon.
    Isaiah 34 the day of the lord on all nations except for the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
    Jeremiah 46 the day of the lord on Egypt.
    Lamentations 2 the day of the lord against the house of Judah.
    Ezekiel 13 the day of the lord against Israel.
    Ezekiel 30 the day of the lord against Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, and Lydia.
    Joel 1-2 the day of the lord against Zion.
    Joel 3 the day of the lord against the heathen/Gentiles/nations.
    Amos 5 the day of the lord against the house of Israel.
    Obadiah the day of the lord against all heathen/Gentiles/nations.
    Zephaniah 1-2 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.
    Zechariah 14 the day of the lord on the nations surrounding Jerusalem.
    Malachi 4 the day of the lord against Judah and Jerusalem.
    Like i said, theres just one Day of the Lord. Like you posted, all those places will experience the day. All the heathens

    OBADIAH 1 [15] For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

  9. #54
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,903
    Thanks
    1,085
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 980 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    499558
    Quote Originally Posted by DansingWall View Post
    Like i said, theres just one Day of the Lord.
    And you are wrong about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DansingWall View Post
    Like you posted, all those places will experience the day. All the heathens

    OBADIAH 1 [15] For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
    Isaiah 2 was about God bringing Babylon against Judah and Jerusalem, and happened a long time ago.
    Isaiah 13 was about God bringing the Medes against Babylon, and happened a long time ago.
    Isaiah 34 is about God protecting Judah and Jerusalem and taking vengeance against the nations, which will happen in the future.

    You seem to have a problem understanding what is written in the Bible when it does not match the doctrines of men that you were taught.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  10. #55
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    And you are wrong about that.

    Isaiah 2 was about God bringing Babylon against Judah and Jerusalem, and happened a long time ago.
    You are saying Isaiah 2 happened a long time ago.

    Isaiah 2:1-2 (KJV)
    1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
    2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

    Im sorry but contrary to what you believe the "last days" have not yet arrived. We are getting close.

  11. #56
    Over 3000 post club beameup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,419
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 909 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    173782
    Seventy weeks [שָׁבוּעַ shbwa'] are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies [קֹדֶשׁ qdesh -קֹדֶשׁ qdesh]. - Daniel 9:24

    Sixty-nine shabuwa'(literally "sevens") were completed at the death of Messiah [Dan 9:26a], which leaves one seven-year-period remaining to fulfill the prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27

  12. #57
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122737
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    Seventy weeks [שָׁבוּעַ shbwa'] are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Holy of Holies [קֹדֶשׁ qdesh -קֹדֶשׁ qdesh]. - Daniel 9:24

    Sixty-nine shabuwa'(literally "sevens") were completed at the death of Messiah [Dan 9:26a], which leaves one seven-year-period remaining to fulfill the prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27
    Shalom.

    Today is Chamishi (Fifth) 12-28. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

    Not as I understand it. I am an Ex-Dispensationalist.

    Shalom.

    יגקב
    Jacob
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  13. #58
    Over 3000 post club beameup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,419
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 909 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    173782
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.
    Not as I understand it. I am an Ex-Dispensationalist
    No, you are of Pharisaical Rabbinical Judaism, so you take their position on prophetic scripture.
    These same like-minded Pharisees rejected Jesus' message and had him crucified because
    they did not understand prophetic scripture. As such, being of the Pharisaical School of Judaism,
    there is little of the Tanakh that you will truly understand. Only God the Spirit [ruach elohim]
    can open up prophecy to your understanding.

    The Dead Sea Scrolls open up our understanding of how the Essenes understood Prophecies in the Tanakh. They were the ones that believed in Messiah because they understood Prophecy and that he fulfilled it.

  14. #59
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 657 Times in 609 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122737
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    No, you are of Pharisaical Rabbinical Judaism, so you take their position on prophetic scripture.
    These same like-minded Pharisees rejected Jesus' message and had him crucified because
    they did not understand prophetic scripture. As such, being of the Pharisaical School of Judaism,
    there is little of the Tanakh that you will truly understand. Only God the Spirit [ruach elohim]
    can open up prophecy to your understanding.
    I have no idea where you come up with this from.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  15. #60
    Over 3000 post club beameup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,419
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 909 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    173782
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I have no idea where you come up with this from.
    Simple, because you consistently do not understand prophecy. You take the exact same positions as the Pharisees of today, the so-called "rabbis". The Essenes understood Prophecies in the Tanakh. They were the ones that believed in Messiah because they understood Prophecy and that he fulfilled it. They knew the "times and seasons". Thankfully, they stored the Dead Sea Scrolls, which we are just now reading.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us