Thanks
    Thanked 16,459 Times in 12,929 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    They aren't. There are tons of amateur videos clearly showing the curvature of the earth.

Here's one now...

It's a trade off. I used to look up to some of you globetards. The fact that you're posting G0Pro footage, known to show curved earth from the GROUND, proves you're a moron.
    These are links to my threads that are closed - click to view these great threads

Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 818 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    It's a trade off. I used to look up to some of you globetards. The fact that you're posting G0Pro footage, known to show curved earth from the GROUND, proves you're a moron.
    You don't know anything about fisheye lenses. You don't know anything about computer graphics, perspective or just about anything else. I (and others on these threads) do have knowledge on these topics. Yet you are so concerned about maintaining your position that the truth means nothing to you anymore. This fact makes you ignorant and not to be taken seriously on this topic or any other topic.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2018),Right Divider (April 16th, 2018),Sherman (April 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

patrick if you continue to post propaganda without engaging in the debate you will be banned from TOL for good.

Sorry... but you are dead to me so frankly I don't care if you stay or go.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2018),patrick jane (April 16th, 2018),Right Divider (April 16th, 2018),Sherman (April 17th, 2018)

Onward Christian soldiers! Tambora's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 44,992 Times in 27,663 Posts

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

?? The moon cycles (new moons) ??

The moon orbits the earth every 27.3 days.
    But the new moons come every 29.5 days.

Since the Earth and Moon both move, for globe earthers, I can see how they would account for this.
    But how do flat earthers account for this?

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,681 Times in 2,989 Posts

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an opportunity for you FE's to learn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...k_us_anything/

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    ?? The moon cycles (new moons) ??

The moon orbits the earth every 27.3 days.
    But the new moons come every 29.5 days.

Since the Earth and Moon both move, for globe earthers, I can see how they would account for this.
    But how do flat earthers account for this?
    If the earth doesn't move I'm trying to think how that could be figured or calculated. Here's a short video but I don't get some things usually on technical stuff, maybe you or others will. If earth doesn't move though, what would have to be explained by the different speeds of the sun and moon. Some think the moon is a special kind of luminary with different properties than we think. I think the moon moves slower than the sun but I don't know if that's the reason for the phases etc. I'll have to keep that in mind while researching and keep looking for flat earth explanations on it.
    From Video :This should explain the Moon and its phases 100%. You can verify all of this with your own eyes.PLEASE WATCH: The Sun, Moon and Stars EXPLAINEDhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zVt...

Slight Profanity
    These are links to my threads that are closed - click to view these great threads

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

patrick if you continue to post propaganda without engaging in the debate you will be banned from TOL for good.

Sorry... but you are dead to me so frankly I don't care if you stay or go.
    Fair enough, I don't write people off like that. Sad really, for you I mean. Who else is "dead" to you? DFT_Dave, STP now, 1Mind1Spirit, and EVERYBODY that thinks flat earth is possible through scripture and evidence. Are the images that powerful? They speak for themselves and ARE my argument and engagement sometimes. Sorry it doesn't fit the forum. I really thought you were a better man. It hurts a little.

Onward Christian soldiers! Tambora's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 44,992 Times in 27,663 Posts

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If the earth doesn't move I'm trying to think how that could be figured or calculated. Here's a short video but I don't get some things usually on technical stuff, maybe you or others will. If earth doesn't move though, what would have to be explained by the different speeds of the sun and moon. Some think the moon is a special kind of luminary with different properties than we think. I think the moon moves slower than the sun but I don't know if that's the reason for the phases etc. I'll have to keep that in mind while researching and keep looking for flat earth explanations on it.
    From Video :This should explain the Moon and its phases 100%. You can verify all of this with your own eyes.PLEASE WATCH: The Sun, Moon and Stars EXPLAINEDhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zVt...

Slight Profanity
    I'll watch it.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

Thanks
    Thanked 3,792 Times in 2,261 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The earth is not flat!

Isaiah 40:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Argue with the Almighty about it.

Were the moon landings faked? I normally do not just put up a link but it is the best way to answer the question.

https://lightsinthedark.com/2014/05/...-you-can-tell/

I was twenty years old at the time and I'll tell you that it is the greatest feat performed by mankind. The landings on the moon are real and true. Your choice not to believe. My choice is to believe. So much for my input.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2018),Knight (April 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry it doesn't fit the forum.
    Actually it does fit the forum. We have always denied people from mindlessly posting images and videos from the internet without adding their own opinions and adding to the conversation.

DFT_Dave and STP are at least using their own words to maintain their place in the discussion which is why I haven't given them the same warning.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2018),patrick jane (April 16th, 2018),Right Divider (April 16th, 2018),Sherman (April 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    I was twenty years old at the time and I'll tell you that it is the greatest feat performed by mankind. The landings on the moon are real and true. Your choice not to believe. My choice is to believe. So much for my input.
    You are correct and I am proud to state my dad was a part of this amazing feat. Guys like Patrick and Dave insult my father and all the amazing work he put in helping man walk on the moon.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (April 16th, 2018),JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2018),Sherman (April 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Do you realize that everything you have said here is completely wrong. Take this comment: "A curved earth would be confirmed by ships, buildings, trees (even a helicopter) slanted away from viewer. Everything, as far away as we can view them with telescope and camera are still perpendicular to a straight horizon and flat plane." When you are looking a distant buildings the angle between the building and the horizon will ALWAYS be 90. Since the building would be slanted AWAY from you, you would not be able to see that. We can measure it. It has been confirmed that the suspension towers on the Golden Gate Bridge to actually "slant" away from each other. Not bu much, about 1-13/16", but they do.

Your claim of 14' of error in the helicopter experiment is also wrong because you are not using the 8" of drop per mile correctly. 8" per mile is measured from a line drawn perpendicular to the radius of the Earth. When you look at how you must actually deal with the curvature of the Earth, you get a very different result. Since the person who did experiment did not do the math for both the 8"/mile and the actual method for dealing with the Earth's curvature his experiment is fraudulent. It's to bad really, If he had been honest in his efforts it would have actually been a very interesting experiment.

This things are why you are not taken seriously. The amount of math and science that you must ignore and claim as false is so great that you lose credibility. You make no effort to explain gravity, many simply deny that it exists. You cannot explain why to things with identical densities have different weights. You cannot explain sunrises and sunsets. Odds are extremely high that you will not respond to the specific points about the errors in your statement that I pointed out above.
    Earth Curve Calculator

This calculator is not very hard to use, try it.

The 8 inch per mile squared gives us a 24 foot drop, which they got right.

Then when we factor the 6 mile distance viewed at a 3 foot height we get a 10 foot block, not a 24 foot block as was wrong in the video.

Stop making whinny excuses for a fraudulent test.

--Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Earth Curve Calculator

This calculator is not very hard to use, try it.

The 8 inch per mile squared gives us a 24 foot drop, which they got right.

Then when we factor the 6 mile distance viewed at a 3 foot height we get a 10 foot block, not a 24 foot block as was wrong in the video.

Stop making whinny excuses for a fraudulent test.

--Dave
    They did the right math for the wrong experiment. You do not understand the line from which that 8" is measured. It is a gross error made by a novice who doesn't understand how to do science. There is another calculation, you can find it in the link that I posted above. That is the calculation they did t make and that is why their "experiment" is wrong: they didn't verify both possible explanations. It is a fraud they are attempting to pass as real science. You are guilty of exactly the same thing by willfully ignoring the same calculation.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct and I am proud to state my dad was a part of this amazing feat. Guys like Patrick and Dave insult my father and all the amazing work he put in helping man walk on the moon.
    I respect your love for your Dad and your desire to honor him, but this debate is not about him.

Accusing Patrick and I of insulting your father by this debate is unfair and unwarranted.

Defeat flat earth arguments, defend the globe, and please leave your love for your father out of this. Separate the two because I will never argue on behalf of any issue against someone's love for their parent.

--Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    I respect your love for your Dad and your desire to honor him, but this debate is not about him.

Accusing Patrick and I of insulting your father by this debate is unfair and unwarranted.

Defeat flat earth arguments, defend the globe, and please leave your love for your father out of this. Separate the two because I will never argue on behalf of any issue against someone's love for their parent.

--Dave
    But your argument dis honors and disrespects all the people who have worked to put a man on the moon. You call them liars claim all their work is fake with ever bothering to support claims such as gravity doesn't exist.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 17th, 2018),Knight (April 17th, 2018)

Thread Information