User Tag List

Page 6 of 223 FirstFirst ... 34567891656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 3341

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

  1. #76
    Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,534
    Thanks
    852
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 1,102 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    726160
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    Lol, all you need to do now is look at the section around seven minutes and see, where he has the sun going in a circle, that he is incorrect about what people see in the southern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere people witness the sun traversing the sky in an arc which does not match what he is doing with the light, (which supposedly represents the path of the sun). And it is not possible for him to do so either because you would essentially need two suns moving in different reverse arcs across different portions of the sky. Are there two suns now in the flat earth model? Back to the drawing board for some, I suppose, but then there are those who do not care about the facts and reality of what is actually witnessed on the ground.
    Essentially?

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    These are nice photographs. The first is a low-pressure weather system over Iceland:



    And this one is a low-pressure system over Australia:



    And of course we are seeing here the Coriolis effect as it plays out in mirror form in the Northern and Southern hemispheres.

    Stuart

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuu For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2018)

  4. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Anybody ever seen New York dark at noon?

    Not once but twice a year?
    It's very impressive that you appear to live your life in sidereal days (23 hr 56 min) instead of solar days (24 hours). Do you have a specially made watch?

    Stuart

  5. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    This is a nice photograph of a partial lunar eclipse.



    Funny, now I look at it, the shadow of the earth is curved. I wonder if you ever see any different shapes of the earth's shadow, like a strip or straight line?

    That would be great evidence for a flat earth, different shapes of shadow during a partial lunar eclipse.

    Or even a decent explanation for eclipses...

    Stuart

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuu For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2018)

  7. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Flight time Auckland to Buenos Aires 11h 30m

    Flight time New York to Moscow 9h 0m

    So that map obviously can't be right.

    Stuart

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuu For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2018),WatchmanOnTheWall (March 10th, 2018)

  9. #81
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368239
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Essentially?
    Yes because essentially you do not realize that if you wish to give an accurate portrayal of what is actually witnessed from the ground you need to essentially superimpose this image over your flat earth map:

    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    So your only recourse is to corrupt what I said?
    I spoke of the following courses which are well documented and observed:


    Your flat earth maps are a 3D projection of the globe stretched out into a 2D version as viewed from above the north pole: and that is what causes you much of your confusion. When you look at a side view of the globe the tropics and the equator are parallel lines because they traverse around a spherical globe with a curved surface. However when you take that 3D side view of a globe or sphere, and make it 2D, the following is the proper representation of the view which is created because you are going from 3D into 2D and stretching the parallel lines out onto a flat surface:



    I suppose most everyone but you can see that the sun is still traversing from east to west in all three examples in the image file. However what this means is that your flat earth maps are misunderstood because the people promoting them do not understand that they are 2D representations of a 3D globe onto a flat surface map as viewed from above the north pole of a sphere. The supposed flat earth map is still a representation of a sphere as viewed from above the north pole but stretched out onto a flat surface for flat mapping purposes. It is all an illusion in your mind for not understanding what you are looking at.

    It actually does not even matter if this can all be viewed on the same day of the year or not because, nearly all year long, this or something near to this is what people see from these three locations on the earth, that is, from the northern hemisphere, from the southern hemisphere, and from the equatorial region. Again, this is not possible on a flat earth model, with the sun circling above a flat earth, because everyone would see the sun moving in the same arc across the sky, even though for some the arc of the path would be wider and for some the arc of the path would be narrower.
    Everything seems like it might be workable and okay so long as you focus only on the northern hemisphere and the equatorial regions where the guy is focusing the light bulb in the video. But the people living in the southern hemisphere do not see anything like what your video guy is doing with the light bulb. What can you do but have two suns? or would you split the sun in half so as to make half of it do what the people in the southern hemisphere see every day? You are not understanding the facts as witnessed from the ground all over the world in the southern hemisphere. The sun does not appear to do the same thing but rather traverses an opposite arc across the sky in the south and they see the sun doing so to their north, in what is to them the northern sky, and that is because they are in the southern hemisphere of a spinning globe which is tilted on its axis of rotation.

  10. #82
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368239
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    Flight time Auckland to Buenos Aires 11h 30m

    Flight time New York to Moscow 9h 0m

    So that map obviously can't be right.

    Stuart
    This blogger discusses flight paths, (a little bit), in association with maps and at the same time also proves the same thing I have been saying herein: that the flat-earthers are for the most part unknowingly and unwittingly using a 2D azimuthal globe earth map to supposedly prove their theories.


    http://flatearthdeception.com/maps-p...rth-deception/

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

    WatchmanOnTheWall (March 10th, 2018)

  12. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    This blogger discusses flight paths, (a little bit), in association with maps and at the same time also proves the same thing I have been saying herein: that the flat-earthers are for the most part unknowingly and unwittingly using a 2D azimuthal globe earth map to supposedly prove their theories.


    http://flatearthdeception.com/maps-p...rth-deception/
    Yes they have to use that one because it gives them an ice wall that stops the water running off, I think that's right.

    I have met people who have sailed 'around' Antarctica, one of them twice. On this map, that distance is about 55000 km. Are the flat earthers preparing a special award for people who complete this feat in much less time than the usual great circle circumnavigation?

    Stuart

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuu For Your Post:

    WatchmanOnTheWall (March 10th, 2018)

  14. #84
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Lil' Stuu knows the earth is flat, he's in denial like many others.

  15. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Lil' Stuu knows the earth is flat, he's in denial like many others.
    Primary waves from shallow earthquakes have a characteristic propagation pattern through the sphere of the earth, and because of the effects of density change and temperature change in the mantle, and refraction at the boundary between the mantle and the outer core, the p wave can be detected all round the earth except for a p wave 'shadow zone' between 100 degrees and 140 degrees from the earthquake epicentre.

    Haven't seen a flat-earth mechanism for a circular strip of no p waves with p waves before it and p waves after it. Maybe earthquakes are part of the conspiracy as well.

    So when you say 'denial', you got that word right.

    Stuart

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuu For Your Post:

    Greg Jennings (March 15th, 2018),JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2018)

  17. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Here are some nice pictures, the Aurora Borealis (Northern hemisphere):



    and the Aurora Australis (Southern hemisphere):



    Now, you would think, wouldn't you, that if the earth's magnetic field is uniform as indeed it behaves, then according to the 'ice wall Antarctica' model of a flat earth, the magnetic field lines would be much more dispersed in the South than at the North Pole, giving a more intense aurora effect in the North.

    Yet the two Aurora look pretty much the same.

    Stuart

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuu For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2018)

  19. #87
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368239
    Here is a flat earth site which even goes so far as to show a model of the globe earth with the equator and the tropics on it, which are of course parallel lines because they encircle latitudes on a sphere. But what they apparently do not realize about the azimuthal globe earth map, which they use for the flat earth model, is that the physical observations from the ground in the southern hemisphere cannot be displayed properly on their flat earth map:


    http://geocentricworks.com/Flat_Earth_Maps.html


    http://geocentricworks.com/Flat_Earth_Maps.html

    The people living in the northern hemisphere see the sun following a similar path to what the flat-earthers imagine it to be, (surely not identical but I suggest about the same for argument's sake). The people in the equatorial regions see the sun moving across the sky in more of a straight line: but for reasons of argument let us just say the flat-earthers might be close enough. However when it comes to the people living in the southern hemisphere they see the path of the sun as entirely different from its supposed path on a supposed flat earth map. To accurately portray what is actually seen from the ground the following would be much closer to describing what the people living in the southern hemisphere witness the sun doing on a daily basis:





    There are three different motions of the sun all at the same time as seen from the ground in different locations upon the earth because the earth is a spinning globe that is tilted upon its axis of rotation. Other than the above image file there is no way to accurately portray the paths of the sun on a flat earth map according to physical observations taken from various places on the planet, namely, from the northern hemisphere, from the equatorial region, and the from the southern hemisphere, which are three different observable paths of the sun all at the same time.

  20. #88
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    Primary waves from shallow earthquakes have a characteristic propagation pattern through the sphere of the earth, and because of the effects of density change and temperature change in the mantle, and refraction at the boundary between the mantle and the outer core, the p wave can be detected all round the earth except for a p wave 'shadow zone' between 100 degrees and 140 degrees from the earthquake epicentre.

    Haven't seen a flat-earth mechanism for a circular strip of no p waves with p waves before it and p waves after it. Maybe earthquakes are part of the conspiracy as well.

    So when you say 'denial', you got that word right.

    Stuart

  21. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    It's how we know the earth has an inner structure of crust, mantle, and outer and inner cores. How did you think we knew that?

    Stuart

  22. #90
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,168
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts

    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67504
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    I think otherwise. In my city we are visited by cruise ships, and when they travel out into the open ocean they disappear from view, even through a telescope. The last part of the ship you see is the bridge right at the top. If you observe in the same way from the top of the hill, you see the same thing, although the ship is a bit further away from you before it disappears. Now I think about it, it is resonably consistent with your fact of a six foot drop every 3 miles, or 2 metres every 5 kilometres, as we say in the former British Empire.

    Stuart
    It's not a three foot drop every three miles from where you stand and watch, the next three miles, which would be six miles away, is a 24 foot drop. We also have to know what the power of magnification is of the telescope or camera that is being used. The Nikon P900, one of the most powerful and popular because of its price is 83x magnification. All cameras and telescopes have their limits. We see ships slowly disappear simply because they are too small and too far into the distance for us to see even for a telescope.

    maxresdefault.jpg

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us