User Tag List

Page 285 of 285 FirstFirst ... 185235275282283284285
Results 4,261 to 4,268 of 4268

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

  1. #4261
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,202
    Thanks
    3,499
    Thanked 21,787 Times in 12,649 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Top it off with a desire to feel that you are smarter than all those educated people (like those who paid attention in high school)- and you've got a toxic form of unshakable belief. A delusion.
    doctor-smoking.jpg

    I'm sure Dave knows what the government indoctrination camps (high school) teach.
    The smart people are never wrong, are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  2. #4262
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,834
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,841 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147779
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Refraction CANNOT ACCOUNT for the sun going BELOW the horizon on a flat earth, because it is NOT possible to have the sun that low on a flat earth, as @Clete has shown you MULTIPLE times.
    By the way...

    The same effect happens even if the measurements of the sun's angle are taken when the sun is high in the sky, although to a lesser degree. The disparity between the calculated distance between two points based on the angle of the sun above the horizon gets larger and larger as the sun lowers in the sky. This happens precisely because we live on a sphere and for no other reason. It wouldn't happen at all on a flat Earth, no matter how far away the sun was from the surface. In fact, if we were on a flat Earth, we could triangulate the sun's distance from the Earth by using the same observations that I cite in my post. The fact that we cannot do so is yet further proof that the Earth cannot possibly be flat.

    The fact that these easily confirmable facts don't move people an inch off the flat earth delusion, is proof that they are not the honest people they pretend to be and that they aught to be ashamed of themsleves and need to repent.

    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    George Affleck (September 12th, 2019),JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2019),Right Divider (September 12th, 2019)

  4. #4263
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,439
    Thanks
    15,056
    Thanked 22,522 Times in 12,829 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    doctor-smoking.jpg

    I'm sure Dave knows what the government indoctrination camps (high school) teach.
    The smart people are never wrong, are they?
    Would you care to join the discussion?

    We've presented some very sound information proving that the earth is NOT flat (and motionless).
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2019)

  6. #4264
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    9,278
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,865 Posts

    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147753
    This thread really has nothing to do with religion. It should be moved to "and the rest".
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  7. #4265
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,439
    Thanks
    15,056
    Thanked 22,522 Times in 12,829 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    This thread really has nothing to do with religion. It should be moved to "and the rest".
    There is a LOT of religious baggage associated with this.

    Just look at Dave trying to force flat earth on the Bible.
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2019)

  9. #4266
    LIFETIME MEMBER Yorzhik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    3,069
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 469 Times in 319 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    411119
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Yes, I have ignored your posts. My apology. You certainly have been respectful. This thread has not flowed from a beginning point toward a goal and therefore has been all over the place and at times hard for me to keep up with. I didn't know from the outset this thread would become so popular.

    You're quite correct that relativity in physics is a problem for me.

    1. The absence of standards of absolute and universal application.
    "moral relativity"

    2. The dependence of various physical phenomena on relative motion of the observer and the observed objects, especially regarding the nature and behavior of light, space, time, and gravity. "physics"

    One would think that relativity in morals is different than relativity in physics. But I would argue that physics is not grounded in rational thought, therefore relativity. Antithesis have been abandoned in favor of the dialectic. I think this needs to be explored and is an important aspect of this debate.

    --Dave
    Why do you even talk about relativity? You are shown to be wrong in physics and every other physical phenomena, and the moon landing has a great deal more scientific evidence for it than against it.

    Ignore that all, you are making a fool of yourself. The kind of fool God spoke about in Proverbs.

    Rather, if you believe the bible teaches a flat earth, your answer to any question of any nature, be it scientific, pragmatic, social, historical, theoretical, or even biblical should be met with your answer:
    scripture says the earth does not move and everything else does.

    Immovable Earth
    1 Chronicles 16:30 ".....the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved..."
    Psalm 96:10 " ...the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved..."
    Psalm 93:1 " ... the world also is established, that it cannot be moved..."

    Circle of the Earth
    Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth" Some people say this proves the globe but there is a difference between a circle and a sphere, Isaiah knew the difference between a circle and a sphere because he describes a ball in Isaiah 22:18 "...toss thee like a ball...
    --From 75 verses prove a flat earth

    Moving Sun
    Psalm 19:6…. “…goes forth in a circle from one end of heaven to the other….”
    Joshua 10:12 "He said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day."



    Or, just say for short, "Not only does the Bible say the earth is flat and motionless, but nothing else, including what the ancients believed, matters."

    It will make sense then when someone suggests a simple test to see if the earth is round or flat, you don't have to ignore it, just say, "it doesn't matter how the test comes out. [Repeat of the above]"

    I know you are asking yourself why you should take this good advice from me. Since I already told you I'm sure you'll find it anticlimactic, but I want to see if you get where I'm coming from and tell me what I'm about to say.
    Good things come to those who shoot straight.

    Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yorzhik For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 16th, 2019)

  11. #4267
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    1,123
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 665 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    540674
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post

    I know you are asking yourself why you should take this good advice from me. Since I already told you I'm sure you'll find it anticlimactic, but I want to see if you get where I'm coming from and tell me what I'm about to say.
    I think we should have another option as well as the Thanks button called the LOL button.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

    It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

    Right Divider (September 13th, 2019)

  13. #4268
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,834
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,841 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147779
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    My answer to all the questions about sun, moon, and stars that prove we are a spinning globe is that we have not been told the truth about the universe.
    My argument proves that the Earth cannot be flat without reference to anything the government has ever published, stated, claimed or spent one single dime of tax money on. It is based entirely and only on observations that you could make but refuse to do so and on 6th or 7th grade level math.

    We know we have not been told the truth because NASA faked the moon landings.
    We KNOW this?

    We do not know this! We know that you claim this but since when do your claims equal proof of anything?

    We've never been back to the moon because we were never there in the first place.
    What are you talking about, David? We've been back to the moon several times!

    Human beings have walked on the Moon from six different missions and there are many more unmanned missions that have successfully landed crafts on the surface. I think it's 21 total moon landings over some 40 years of time, the latest being Communist China landing on the far side in the January of this year (2019).

    In the mythbusters video the first footprint test failed so they put a thin layer of what they said simulated moon "dust" in a vacuum chamber then pressed a moon boot into it in order to get a foot print to match the moon print.

    But this is not a true test because they did not try this test outside of the vacuum chamber to see if there was any difference between the two conditions.
    The test was designed to see if a foot print on the moon, as NASA claims that foot print to be, would look like it does in the video. They, therefore, recreated the conditions that NASA claims exist on the Moon and sure enough the print they produce in the test is 100% consistent with NASA claims.

    In other words, the test was performed perfectly and answered the exact question is was intended to answer.

    The moon surface also would be deeper than the thin layer used in this test.
    And how do you know this?

    The moon surface is said to have sharp grains of particles not smooth grains that we have here on earth which are a result of wind and water which the moon does not have. The difference between sand and dust is that dust is much smaller and smoother grain because of wind. If the moon does not have wind then fine moon dust could not exist there.
    This is just frankly stupidity.

    Why would wind be the only two force in the entire universe that could possibly created fine dust particles?

    At about 21:35 into the video they show footage of the astronauts running on the moon surface and you can clearly see their foot prints being filled in as one would expect to see here on earth on dry sand and contradicts the perfect foot prints also said to be from the moon.
    More stupidity. The perfect foot print wasn't made while running. That print was made by Buzz Aldrin by simply stepping somewhere and then lifting his foot.


    The perfect foot print shows moisture as it would here on earth.
    No, it doesn't.

    First of all, the print isn't perfect.

    More importantly, the test done in the video was done in a vacuum. Any water in the material, if there was any, would have boiled off.

    This was the exact claim that making a print in a vacuum was intended to test. The test unequivocally established that prints do not need moisture to be made.

    Fine moon dust contradicts no wind in order to create it on the moon as it does here on earth.
    No it doesn't. Wind is only one way fine dust is made.

    You can made fine dust right now!

    Go get some salt and put a bunch in your hand and then rub you hands together and poof! Fine dust with no wind. Amazing!

    That "powdery grey dirt is formed (on the moon) by micrometeorite impacts which pulverize local rocks into fine particles" is pure conjecture without proof.
    Since when does "pure conjecture without proof" bother you? You're entire worldview appears to be based on it!

    Fine particles cannot both be fine and have rough edges as claimed in the video.
    See what I mean? Pure conjecture without proof!


    Clete


    P.S. The short conversation on the video at 44:04 is the absolute best part of the entire video!

    "I think they're crazy!"

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 15th, 2019),Right Divider (September 16th, 2019),Yorzhik (September 15th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us