User Tag List

Page 284 of 285 FirstFirst ... 184234274281282283284285 LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4268

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

  1. #4246
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,087
    Thanks
    14,748
    Thanked 22,112 Times in 12,549 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    I've given my reasons for objecting to the heliocentric spinning globe. I'm more or less back to summarize and conclude my case with the best arguments I have found.

    --Dave
    You have failed miserably and yet cannot see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2019)

  3. #4247
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,403
    Thanks
    1,922
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,372 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    530131
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    I've given my reasons for objecting to the heliocentric spinning globe. I'm more or less back to summarize and conclude my case with the best arguments I have found.
    I can see the sun rise in the east and see the sun set in the west.
    I can get on a train and see the earth moves while I sit still.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2019)

  5. #4248
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67516
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Was I the only one that was able to see and experience the movements of the orreries?
    This is about as irrational a comment on what I have said that I have ever seen.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  6. #4249
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,258
    Thanks
    34,628
    Thanked 8,740 Times in 5,609 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    This is about as irrational a comment on what I have said that I have ever seen.

    --Dave
    He's talking about these, you idiot:

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Watching machines move involves our perception.

    Orreries can show us how the planets and moons in our Solar System move when the timeframe is sped up.

    The motions of the planets in a geocentric orrery:


    The motions in a heliocentric orrery:
    Those are called orreries.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (September 11th, 2019)

  8. #4250
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67516
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    I can see the sun rise in the east and see the sun set in the west.
    I can get on a train and see the earth moves while I sit still.
    This is why relativity is irrational and not reality.

    In reality The train is moving.

    You're on the train moving with it.

    The earth is not moving.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  9. #4251
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,258
    Thanks
    34,628
    Thanked 8,740 Times in 5,609 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    This is why relativity is irrational and not reality.
    There is nothing irrational at all about it, AND it perfectly fits reality.

    In reality The train is moving.
    Relative to what?

    Dave, when you have to concede the entire point to make the argument against your opponent's position, your argument has failed.

    You're on the train moving with it.
    Yup, the train is stationary relative to the person on the train, yet the earth is moving relative to both the train and the person.

    The earth is not moving.
    There you go again, ARBITRARILY defining the earth as an absolute reference point.

    When in reality, relative to the train, the earth IS, in fact, moving.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (September 11th, 2019)

  11. #4252
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67516
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post

    He's talking about these, you idiot:

    Watching machines move involves our perception.

    Orreries can show us how the planets and moons in our Solar System move when the timeframe is sped up.

    Those are called orreries.
    The model is not the perception of reality we get from earth on earth.

    I don't actually see the universe when see model, I see a model.

    On earth my perception (what I see and experience) is a flat motionless earth.

    By seeing this model I'm asked to imagine the universe in not what I see and experience.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  12. #4253
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,403
    Thanks
    1,922
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,372 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    530131
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    In reality The train is moving.

    You're on the train moving with it.

    The earth is not moving.

    --Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    On earth my perception (what I see and experience) is a flat motionless earth.


    Also, in reality the earth is spinning on its axis and orbiting the Sun.

    We are on the earth moving with it.

    The sky is not moving.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2019)

  14. #4254
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67516
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    There is nothing irrational at all about it, AND it perfectly fits reality.

    Relative to what?

    Dave, when you have to concede the entire point to make the argument against your opponent's position, your argument has failed.

    Yup, the train is stationary relative to the person on the train, yet the earth is moving relative to both the train and the person.

    There you go again, ARBITRARILY defining the earth as an absolute reference point.

    When in reality, relative to the train, the earth IS, in fact, moving.
    And if someone jumps off that train (not so as to badly injure himself) onto what he perceives is a moving earth will his reality change?

    Will his perception now be that the train is moving and not the earth?

    Or, will he continue to think the earth is still moving and the train is not?

    --Dave

    P.S. If the injured man went to the doctor would he say I jumped off the train and got hit by the moving earth?
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  15. #4255
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,258
    Thanks
    34,628
    Thanked 8,740 Times in 5,609 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    The model is not the perception of reality we get from earth on earth.

    I don't actually see the universe when see model, I see a model.

    On earth my perception (what I see and experience) is a flat motionless earth.

    By seeing this model I'm asked to imagine the universe in not what I see and experience.

    --Dave
    Hardly any of that made any sense at all.

    Please correct your grammar.

    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    And if someone jumps off that train (not so as to badly injure himself) onto what he perceives is a moving earth will his reality change?
    Loaded question.

    Reality is reality. It doesn't belong to anyone.

    If a man jumps off a train, his perception will change, but not reality. Reality is that he was on a train, then he jumped off of it, and then landed on the ground. The only things that changed were his perspective and his position relative to the earth and train.

    Will his perception now be that the train is moving and not the earth?
    Once he stops moving relative to the earth, yes.

    Or, will he continue to think the earth is still moving and the train is not?
    Depends if his head is spinning from hitting the ground.

    P.S. If the injured man went to the doctor would he say I jumped off the train and got hit by the moving earth?
    Yes. It might sound weird, but it is logical.

  16. #4256
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,380
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67516
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Hardly any of that made any sense at all.

    Please correct your grammar.

    Loaded question.

    Reality is reality. It doesn't belong to anyone.

    If a man jumps off a train, his perception will change, but not reality. Reality is that he was on a train, then he jumped off of it, and then landed on the ground. The only things that changed were his perspective and his position relative to the earth and train.

    Once he stops moving relative to the earth, yes.

    Depends if his head is spinning from hitting the ground.

    Yes. It might sound weird, but it is logical.
    Do you still drive truck?

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  17. #4257
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    1,123
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 657 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    540673
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    The claim of flat earth is that we see everything over head in perspective just as we see everything in perspective on earth. But then it's argued that the sun should get much smaller the farther away it is from us.

    It has been argued that the sun maintains it's size from sun rise to sun set from where ever we are on earth. But I argued back that this is wrong because even if the earth is a globe the sun is still farther away from us at sun set and sun rise than it is when it's directly above us.

    Seeing the sun even from a globe is tricky business. At sun rise and sun set I'm not really seeing the sun anyway.

    Attachment 26891

    The most popular refraction example is the pencil in the glass of water.

    Attachment 26892

    Refraction not only bends light it also magnifies, or enlarges the pencil in the glass making it look bigger than it is. So if we can say at sun set and sun rise the sum is not where it actually is, we should also say it also looks larger than it actually is.

    --Dave
    The sun moves below the horizon in exactly the same time as it takes for it to move it's own arc diameter anywhere else in the sky.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

    It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2019)

  19. #4258
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    16,087
    Thanks
    14,748
    Thanked 22,112 Times in 12,549 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147716

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    The sun moves below the horizon in exactly the same time as it takes for it to move it's own arc diameter anywhere else in the sky.
    Dave has been shown many clear, unambiguous and unequivocal proofs that the flat earth model is a complete failure.

    He is oblivious to plain facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2019)

  21. #4259
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    1,123
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 657 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    540673
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Dave has been shown many clear, unambiguous and unequivocal proofs that the flat earth model is a complete failure.

    He is oblivious to plain facts.
    I have asked him to explain this fact according to the flat earth model and he continues to avoid answering. I will continue to put it in his face until he does. This time he tried to answer it with the 'refraction' answer which is not applicable and he knows it.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

    It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

  22. #4260
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,705
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 860 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285398
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Dave has been shown many clear, unambiguous and unequivocal proofs that the flat earth model is a complete failure.

    He is oblivious to plain facts.
    Dave is convinced for religious reasons (apparently) that the Earth is stationary and flat. So he must, at any cost, reject or ignore reality. Add to that his idea that relative motion and relativity (which he confuses) are evil because they use the same term "relative" as is used in "relative morality". Top it off with a desire to feel that you are smarter than all those educated people (like those who paid attention in high school)- and you've got a toxic form of unshakable belief. A delusion.

    not much can be done about it, as the wasted efforts of so many have shown.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us