User Tag List

Page 112 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3341

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Thanks
    Thanked 19,545 Times in 11,303 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sun and its illumination should never be completely out of sight anywhere on a flat plate.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (May 16th, 2018),Right Divider (May 17th, 2018),Tambora (May 19th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post

Sun and its illumination should never be completely out of sight anywhere on a flat plate.
    Lots of things should happen but don't. A dead man should stay dead but we know that that isn't true according to scripture. Not a great example but you get the gist of it/ What should happen doesn't always happen.

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,040 Times in 4,438 Posts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Lots of things should happen but don't. A dead man should stay dead but we know that that isn't true according to scripture. Not a great example but you get the gist of it/ What should happen doesn't always happen.
    Using that logic you could say that nothing can be known. It's a very poor basis for an argument, not to mention a non-sequitur.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Right Divider (May 17th, 2018),Tambora (May 19th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks boss, is that the only reason? Looking at this image, I think where you placed the sun is about where it would be at those times we took the pictures. The sun is small, close and illuminates locally in the earth. I also don't mind at all if I'm wrong and will happily admit it when or if the time comes. The globe is only in your minds, you've never seen a real picture of a ball shape earth. None of you.

Okay thank you.

But you must know... I didn't place the sun on that map. That is an image you provided to me.

Second... the sun couldn't be where it is on the map because if you remember it was west and slightly north to all of us. On that map image the sun appears to be west and south of all of us.

Could you take a second whack at it?
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (May 17th, 2018),JudgeRightly (May 16th, 2018),Right Divider (May 17th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Okay thank you.

But you must know... I didn't place the sun on that map. That is an image you provided to me.

Second... the sun couldn't be where it is on the map because if you remember it was west and slightly north to all of us. On that map image the sun appears to be west and south of all of us.

Somewhere in that next section up, more near the 2nd thin line up from where the sun is now on the map.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,181 Times in 8,483 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When debating you will very rarely (if ever) get someone to say... "Hmmm I guess you are right and I am wrong". We should do that. But we don't.

The good news is... when the person you are debating has to question the validity of math you know you have won! Why be mad when you are winning so good??
    It is human nature to get frustrated when one starts to lose. I think we are starting to see that here in this debate. Instead of debate, the discussion turns to personal attacks and questioning the math.
    Sherman
    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (May 17th, 2018),Right Divider (May 17th, 2018),Tambora (May 17th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,545 Times in 11,303 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PJ just equated FE with the resurrection of Christ.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (May 17th, 2018),Tambora (May 19th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    PJ just equated FE with the resurrection of Christ.
    Did I? Is He the only one in the Bible that came back after dying? Musty IS the disinformation agent I said he was. He proves it with his accusatory drivel.
    Last edited by patrick jane; May 17th, 2018 at 05:33 AM.

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I? Is He the only one in the Bible that came back after dying? Musty IS the disinformation agent I said he was. He proves it with his accusatory drivel.
    What about Lazarus?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,993 Times in 3,217 Posts

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thank you.

It's nice the we used UCT time to take our photos because that allows us to know that it was 1:00am in Greenwich England when we were taking our first photos. We had one night were we started at 00:00 UCT but on this map that won't make much difference. 01:00 UCT puts midnight just to the west of Greenwich England and that means that Noon falls on a line opposite the North Pole. Assuming that East/West is supposed to follow the circular lines on the map, I've placed a new Sun where it would have to be in order to create the photos we took. I should point out that it really wouldn't create the photos we took but just going with the flow here...

Flat Earth Map with names and arrows & theoretical position of Sun.jpg

The Sun would be forced well North of, not only the Tropic of Cancer, but North of Denver Colorado! Making the sub-solar point somewhere off the coast of Russia.

Clete

P.S.

Can someone tell me how you guys get such large images to show up in your posts? Mine are always small and you have to click on them to get the full sized image. Send me a copy/paste of what you actually typed to create the post or something.

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

Tambora (May 19th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    It's nice the we used UCT time to take our photos because that allows us to know that it was 1:00am in Greenwich England when we were taking our first photos. We had one night were we started at 00:00 UCT but on this map that won't make much difference. 01:00 UCT puts midnight just to the west of Greenwich England and that means that Noon falls on a line opposite the North Pole. Assuming that East/West is supposed to follow the circular lines on the map, I've placed a new Sun where it would have to be in order to create the photos we took. I should point out that it really wouldn't create the photos we took but just going with the flow here...

The Sun would be forced well North of, not only the Tropic of Cancer, but North of Denver Colorado! Making the sub-solar point somewhere off the coast of Russia.

Clete

P.S.

Can someone tell me how you guys get such large images to show up in your posts? Mine are always small and you have to click on them to get the full sized image. Send me a copy/paste of what you actually typed to create the post or something.
    I just enlarge the original by clicking on it and then I copy/paste the large image. That one is so big though but needed for this experiment.

And btw, @Sherman - I'm not mad or "angry" and I will have no problem saying I'm wrong if that time ever comes in my lifetime. I don't even consider winning or losing. It's not a contest or even about debating style etc. It's about spreading the possibility of FE.

I'm telling the truth about the earth from everything I can find available and I feel no shame, remorse, regret, ill will towards anyone, and I don't think I AM losing. It may appear that I'm losing and Dave is losing but we're winning by getting folks to think critically and examine BOTH sides.
    Last edited by patrick jane; May 17th, 2018 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've placed a new Sun where it would have to be in order to create the photos we took. I should point out that it really wouldn't create the photos we took but just going with the flow here...

Patrick... how do you feel about Clete's placement?
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

patrick jane (May 17th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,625 Times in 11,038 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Clete

P.S.

It's UTC

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboututc.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

patrick jane (May 17th, 2018),Tambora (May 19th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,625 Times in 11,038 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    From that page:
    Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the basis for civil time today. This 24-hour time standard is kept using highly precise atomic clocks combined with the Earth's rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (May 17th, 2018),Tambora (May 19th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Patrick... how do you feel about Clete's placement?
    I think it's too far north and not close enough to the equator.

Thread Information