User Tag List

Page 168 of 221 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168169170171178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3308

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

  1. #2506
    ...then I woke up. Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26,878
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,000 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1086489
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Because I've been a professional graphic artist
    Wait what??? That cannot be true. No professional artist could possibly be so ignorant regarding perspective. Dave sorry but... I am a professional graphic artist and I call BS on that.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 11th, 2018)

  3. #2507
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    6,866
    Thanks
    21,322
    Thanked 6,143 Times in 3,908 Posts

    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147595
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    Not responding to people who call me dumb.

    --Dave
    I didn't call you dumb, Dave. I asked if you were, because I can't believe you can't understand what I'm asking.

  4. #2508
    ...then I woke up. Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26,878
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,000 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1086489
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    When will Dave address the "flat earth map" making Australia TWICE as big as it actually is?
    Yeah.... when??

    After all....

    If the earth is a globe and looks like this...

    Attachment 26526

    You can drive from Brisbane Australia to Perth Australia in about 46 hours or fly on a commercial jetliner in about five and half hours. This can be verified by the literally millions of people whom have made this trip.

    Attachment 26527

    But if the earth looks like this....

    Attachment 26528

    Australia would then be about 2 times the width of the United States as we can see here...

    Attachment 26529

    And therefore it would take you 92 hours to drive from Brisbane Australia to Perth Australia and over 11 hours to fly from city to city.

    On a flat earth here is the trip from Brisbane to Perth Australia...

    Attachment 26530

    Dave can you admit the the flat earth map that is used on a consistent basis by flat earth proponents cannot possibly accurate based on these facts?

    Thanks in advance for your time.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 11th, 2018),Right Divider (July 11th, 2018),Town Heretic (July 11th, 2018)

  6. #2509
    ...then I woke up. Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26,878
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,000 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1086489
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 11th, 2018),Right Divider (July 11th, 2018),Town Heretic (July 11th, 2018)

  8. #2510
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,232
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 146 Times in 125 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    It's not my favorite arguments it's the main flat earth argument. Remember I'm not FE, I'm making their case.

    The idea here is to get it understood.

    --Dave
    Why? How is this a theological problem?

  9. #2511
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,638
    Thanks
    4,359
    Thanked 3,827 Times in 2,181 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147688
    Hopefully, YouTube initiatives will reduce the conspiracy theory nonsense abounding therein:

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/9/17...ontext-updates

    AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  10. #2512
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,168
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts

    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67502
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    It's NOT the main argument. You just think that it is. There are MANY EQUALLY important issues that must ALL be addressed. It's much easier to start with the most obvious and least difficult to understand... like the fact that the "flat earth map" does NOT properly represent the SIZE of the continent of Australia.

    The "flat earth map" shows the continent of Australia as being TWICE as large as we KNOW that it is.

    Don't dodge Dave... address that!


    I'm following this video because I think it's a very good rebuttal to FE claims that must be addressed. So, I'm addressing them and the size of continents is not mentioned, but I agree with you it must be addressed and has been.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  11. #2513
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,168
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts

    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67502
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I didn't call you dumb, Dave. I asked if you were, because I can't believe you can't understand what I'm asking.
    You're always insinuating it.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  12. #2514
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,168
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts

    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67502
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    I didn't call you dumb, Dave. I asked if you were, because I can't believe you can't understand what I'm asking.
    How many times do I have to tell you that I don't respond to leading questions either. Make your point and don't have me do it for you.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  13. #2515
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,168
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts

    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67502
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Hopefully, YouTube initiatives will reduce the conspiracy theory nonsense abounding therein:

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/9/17...ontext-updates

    AMR
    Calvinism will be the first to go.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  14. #2516
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,299
    Thanks
    10,628
    Thanked 18,223 Times in 10,381 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147676

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    I'm following this video because I think it's a very good rebuttal to FE claims that must be addressed. So, I'm addressing them and the size of continents is not mentioned, but I agree with you it must be addressed and has been.

    --Dave
    Where? If it were, we would not be asking you to address it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 11th, 2018)

  16. #2517
    ...then I woke up. Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26,878
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,000 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1086489
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Hopefully, YouTube initiatives will reduce the conspiracy theory nonsense abounding therein:

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/9/17...ontext-updates

    AMR
    I have mixed feeling about this. It's kinda scary that YouTube could determine what is and isn't a conspiracy video. I could see videos regarding creation or young earth theory being lumped in based on Google/YouTube's views.

    And furthermore... as much as I distain some of these conspiracy theories why shouldn't they have the right to display them? Don't we have the right to be stupid if we want to be?
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (July 11th, 2018),DFT_Dave (July 11th, 2018),JudgeRightly (July 11th, 2018),Right Divider (July 11th, 2018)

  18. #2518
    LIFETIME MEMBER DFT_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,168
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts

    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67502
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Where? If it were, we would not be asking you to address it.
    We can do it again. I watch flat earth videos that are now addressing the globe response to their original arguments to see if they have answered them. But I want to finish this video I'm addressing first.

    --Dave
    www.dynamicfreetheism.com
    The only view of ultimate reality that provides
    rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
    The only view that proves the existence and explains
    the nature of God.

  19. #2519
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    8,827
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 5,101 Times in 2,892 Posts

    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147756
    Quote Originally Posted by DFT_Dave View Post
    I'm having trouble being blocked with some of my replies.

    I think one would notice a horizon drop of 13.2 miles from a commercial flight at 35000 feet

    --Dave
    The number of miles is not the relevant number. It's the angle that matters. The angle is determine by the relative lengths of two sides of the right triangle. Get a protractor or download an app of some sort and measure 8 above the horizon and see for yourself how far it is.

    It's isn't minuscule but it still rather small. It's not quite 1/11th of the way to the highest point in the sky. Certainly noticeable if you're looking for it and easily missed if you're not.

    Incidentally, there would be no drop in the horizon at all if the Earth were flat. In fact, on a flat Earth there would not be any hard horizon line. Presuming there was nothing in the way, you should be able to see all the way to the "Ice Wall" with just a little help from even a modest telescope. Of course there are variables like Rayleigh scattering and other atmospheric effects that would obscure the view of distance objects but the point is that there wouldn't really be a horizon in the sense we are used to thinking of it. Things would just sort of fade into a haze in the distance rather than there ever being a hard horizon line like there is here in the real world.

    In essence, every time you acknowledge that there is a horizon, you tacitly accept that the Earth is not flat.

    Clete
    Last edited by Clete; July 11th, 2018 at 09:10 PM.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (July 11th, 2018),Right Divider (July 12th, 2018)

  21. #2520
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    8,827
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 5,101 Times in 2,892 Posts

    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147756
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I have mixed feeling about this. It's kinda scary that YouTube could determine what is and isn't a conspiracy video. I could see videos regarding creation or young earth theory being lumped in based on Google/YouTube's views.

    And furthermore... as much as I distain some of these conspiracy theories why shouldn't they have the right to display them? Don't we have the right to be stupid if we want to be?
    I agree with you that there is a danger of some videos getting dumped in with the bad. This is why it is, in my opinion, wiser for them to not make any such attempts to filter out conspiracies.

    YouTube is, however, as you are already aware, a privately owned website and no one has "the right" to post anything on their website. They, on the other hand, have the absolute right to put whatever limits and restriction they want on the content that they provide a platform for. The thing that'll keep it just about right, over the long term, is the fact that no one is required to visit their site or to use their platform. If they go to far, which is likely, it'll spawn more viable competition than what currently exists and, in the end, the internet will be better. I trust the free market to produce the best product at the best price.

    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    DFT_Dave (July 12th, 2018),JudgeRightly (July 12th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us