User Tag List

Page 249 of 256 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 3828

Thread: The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

  1. #3721
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,586
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 6,782 Times in 3,612 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147773
    Here's some sound reason applied to the Flat Earth Theory...

    https://kgov.com/faith-on-the-edge-flat-earth-interview

    Here's a link to the documentary discussed in the podcast. It costs all of a whole $14.99. If you believe the Earth is flat and you don't spend $15 to hear both empiracle and biblical arguments against that position then you need to stop lying to yourself about "taking the bible literally" or being scientific.

    "Faith On The Edge" Flat Earth Documentary




    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019)

  3. #3722
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,586
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 6,782 Times in 3,612 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147773

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019)

  5. #3723
    LIFETIME MEMBER Yorzhik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,975
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 324 Times in 243 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    400375
    So the question remains. Why do Christian flat earthers even discuss the science of it at all? It should be a case of "God said it, that's it."

    They should rely on their brief observations and end any discussion there. All questions or challenges should be met with "I don't care" and/or "the bible says such and such." If they discuss the topic at all rationally or scientifically they are just exposing the scam of their own belief.

    That would leave me to suppose that the best approach to any flat earther would be to ask if they believe the bible teaches a flat earth. At that point you can ignore them, or make fun of them, if they say they do.

    Does that make sense?
    Good things come to those who shoot straight.

    Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

  6. #3724
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,586
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 6,782 Times in 3,612 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147773
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post
    So the question remains. Why do Christian flat earthers even discuss the science of it at all? It should be a case of "God said it, that's it."

    They should rely on their brief observations and end any discussion there. All questions or challenges should be met with "I don't care" and/or "the bible says such and such." If they discuss the topic at all rationally or scientifically they are just exposing the scam of their own belief.

    That would leave me to suppose that the best approach to any flat earther would be to ask if they believe the bible teaches a flat earth. At that point you can ignore them, or make fun of them, if they say they do.

    Does that make sense?
    They discuss the science of it because we have been created by, and in the likeness of, a rational God and so the idea that the existence in which we leave should make sense is intuitively felt by everyone, including Christians who have seemingly taken leave of their rational faculties.

    In short, they discuss it because they want the things that they blindly believe to make sense. The fact that it's contradictory doesn't enter into it.

    Or put another way, your observation is about what it would make sense for Christian flat-earthers to do. But Christian flat-earthers don't make any sense, so...

    Clete
    Last edited by Clete; May 19th, 2019 at 07:38 AM.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 30th, 2019),Right Divider (April 30th, 2019)

  8. #3725
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,463
    Thanks
    18,135
    Thanked 16,589 Times in 13,028 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147776
    The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage




    5 minutes


  9. #3726
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,460
    Thanks
    13,868
    Thanked 21,384 Times in 12,057 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147707

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage

    5 minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  10. #3727
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,612
    Thanks
    32,747
    Thanked 8,284 Times in 5,293 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147632
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage




    5 minutes

    Patrick, i know you just came back, but if you don't provide something substantive, I'm going to kick you from the thread.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (May 18th, 2019),Rusha (May 18th, 2019)

  12. #3728
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,612
    Thanks
    32,747
    Thanked 8,284 Times in 5,293 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147632
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage




    5 minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Patrick, i know you just came back, but if you don't provide something substantive, I'm going to kick you from the thread.
    And if you continue posting YouTube videos rather than contributing to the conversation in threads, I'm going to continue to give infractions.

  13. #3729
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,463
    Thanks
    18,135
    Thanked 16,589 Times in 13,028 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147776
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    And if you continue posting YouTube videos rather than contributing to the conversation in threads, I'm going to continue to give infractions.
    So no videos allowed on TOL?

  14. #3730
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,612
    Thanks
    32,747
    Thanked 8,284 Times in 5,293 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147632
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    So no videos allowed on TOL?
    I didn't say that.

    I said post something substantive. Linking to a YouTube video is not substantive. People are here on TOL to discuss ideas and beliefs with people, not watch conspiracy videos on YouTube.

    If you would like to post a YouTube link, please provide a summary of which parts of the video you found to be compelling, and explain why here.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    patrick jane (May 18th, 2019),Right Divider (May 19th, 2019)

  16. #3731
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,463
    Thanks
    18,135
    Thanked 16,589 Times in 13,028 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147776
    I'll take a ban or an infraction for this because it's pretty solid in my opinion, even though I'm not as smart as the science experts here and about. This video shows real time footage @38,000 feet I believe. The pilot claims that he can see the most of the top ten peaks in the earth from a MINIMUM of 1,0000 miles away.

    To be clear, the unassailable calculations clearly show that 1,000 miles away will be 126 miles BELOW the horizon or below the "curvature" that doesn't exist. In this video, if you pay attention for 5 excruciatingly long minutes, we see Mount Everest from a distance of 1,250 miles away, so even MORE than 126 miles below the curvature.

    Can I find proof from even further away - visibility over 1,250 miles? Maybe, stay tuned.


    So, if this is deleted and/or I receive an infraction it will be because this post and video shows too much irrefutable truth.

    6 minutes

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    SaulToPaul (June 8th, 2019)

  18. #3732
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,586
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 6,782 Times in 3,612 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147773
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I'll take a ban or an infraction for this because it's pretty solid in my opinion, even though I'm not as smart as the science experts here and about. This video shows real time footage @38,000 feet I believe. The pilot claims that he can see the most of the top ten peaks in the earth from a MINIMUM of 1,0000 miles away.

    To be clear, the unassailable calculations clearly show that 1,000 miles away will be 126 miles BELOW the horizon or below the "curvature" that doesn't exist. In this video, if you pay attention for 5 excruciatingly long minutes, we see Mount Everest from a distance of 1,250 miles away, so even MORE than 126 miles below the curvature.

    Can I find proof from even further away - visibility over 1,250 miles? Maybe, stay tuned.


    So, if this is deleted and/or I receive an infraction it will be because this post and video shows too much irrefutable truth.
    If you get banned it'll be because you basically asked for it and explicitly violated what you've been repeatedly told not to do.

    I wouldn't watch your idiotic video for all the tea in China. You're stupid if you think the Earth is flat. The proof is the fact that you think the Earth is flat. Now, go away or post something that isn't a waste of bandwidth and time.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (June 7th, 2019),Right Divider (June 12th, 2019),Truster (June 7th, 2019)

  20. #3733
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,715
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 851 Times in 741 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183818
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    If you get banned it'll be because you basically asked for it and explicitly violated what you've been repeatedly told not to do.

    I wouldn't watch your idiotic video for all the tea in China. You're stupid if you think the Earth is flat. The proof is the fact that you think the Earth is flat. Now, go away or post something that isn't a waste of bandwidth and time.
    The flat earth argument has its foundation in the depths of lunacy. There is something a few feet deeper in that lunacy and that is conversing with a lunatic and expecting rational thought and reason. I gave up a few years ago, but can't seem to shake the lunatic.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  21. #3734
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,586
    Thanks
    636
    Thanked 6,782 Times in 3,612 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147773
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The flat earth argument has its foundation in the depths of lunacy. There is something a few feet deeper in that lunacy and that is conversing with a lunatic and expecting rational thought and reason. I gave up a few years ago, but can't seem to shake the lunatic.
    There's no question that it is a modern day popular delusion but I was responding more to his asinine comment about being banned because his slober-mouthed stupidity in video form presented "too much irrefutable truth."

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (June 8th, 2019)

  23. #3735
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,715
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 851 Times in 741 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183818
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    There's no question that it is a modern day popular delusion but I was responding more to his asinine comment about being banned because his slober-mouthed stupidity in video form presented "too much irrefutable truth."
    The poor thing is manifesting behaviour that is gradually, but definitely more and more irrational. He expresses thoughts in public without thinking of the consequences to himself or others. I just hope that someone notices before he comes to any harm.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. SaulToPaul

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us