User Tag List

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 544

Thread: Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

  1. #76
    Over 4000 post club Epoisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    4,344
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 774 Times in 656 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85644
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Why do so many Christians hate the Sabbath?
    Isn't Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath?
    Didn't Paul reason in the synagogue on every Sabbath?

    There is no commandment for Christians to reject the Sabbath, but there is a commandment for Christians to tell the other Christians to shut up when those other Christians are judging people on whether they keep the Sabbath or not.

    Colossians 2:16
    16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    If you keep the Sabbath you are not a Christian anymore! You're a convert to Judaism, that's why!

  2. #77
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    667
    Thanked 955 Times in 719 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    487131
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    If you keep the Sabbath you are not a Christian anymore! You're a convert to Judaism, that's why!
    You are judging on whether a person keeps the Sabbath and Paul said that no man is permitted to judge on that basis.
    Also, your argument is silly, when you realize that Paul kept the Sabbath after becoming a Christian.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    meshak (March 14th, 2018)

  4. #78
    Over 4000 post club Epoisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    4,344
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 774 Times in 656 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85644
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You are judging on whether a person keeps the Sabbath and Paul said that no man is permitted to judge on that basis.
    Also, your argument is silly, when you realize that Paul kept the Sabbath after becoming a Christian.
    Paul became all things to all men that he might win them to Christ and the gospel. He threw the Sabbath and the law in the dust heap per Galatians and Colossians.

  5. #79
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    667
    Thanked 955 Times in 719 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    487131
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    Paul became all things to all men that he might win them to Christ and the gospel. He threw the Sabbath and the law in the dust heap per Galatians and Colossians.
    Are you one of those "Christians" that teach a person must violate every one of the 10 Commandments in order to prove he is a "Christian", or are you one of the Christians that picks and chooses which of the 10 Commandments you want to follow today?
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  6. #80
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348081
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Are you one of those "Christians" that teach a person must violate every one of the 10 Commandments in order to prove he is a "Christian", or are you one of the Christians that picks and chooses which of the 10 Commandments you want to follow today?
    The Bible plainly teaches that, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

    The Bible also teaches that if you violate one commandment you are guilty of violating all of them, James 2:10.

  7. #81
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    667
    Thanked 955 Times in 719 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    487131
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Bible plainly teaches that, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

    The Bible also teaches that if you violate one commandment you are guilty of violating all of them, James 2:10.
    Do you use those verses to teach Christians to stop doing good works instead of using these verses to teach Christians to do good works?

    Titus 2:7-8
    7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
    8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  8. #82
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 394 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9714
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Bible plainly teaches that, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
    plainly teaches?...not plainly enough apparently...some here insist there is nothing there to reveal that...that there is not one righteous...no law at all in fact

    The Bible also teaches that if you violate one commandment you are guilty of violating all of them, James 2:10.
    best then to rid yourself of all of them right? To be lawless...

  9. #83
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348081
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Do you use those verses to teach Christians to stop doing good works instead of using these verses to teach Christians to do good works?

    Titus 2:7-8
    7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
    8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
    Christians do good works because they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 2:10.

    They do good works out of gratitude for what Christ has done for them.

    Christians are not under law, they are under grace.

  10. #84
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    667
    Thanked 955 Times in 719 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    487131
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Christians do good works because they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 2:10.

    They do good works out of gratitude for what Christ has done for them.

    Christians are not under law, they are under grace.
    Christians are under the law of God written in their hearts.

    Hebrews 10:16
    16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  11. #85
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348081
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Christians are under the law of God written in their hearts.

    Hebrews 10:16
    16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    The law written on the Christians heart is the Holy Spirit. It is not the same as the written law. The Holy Spirit prompts us to obey and do good works. The written law demands it. Big difference.

  12. #86
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    667
    Thanked 955 Times in 719 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    487131
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law written on the Christians heart is the Holy Spirit. It is not the same as the written law. The Holy Spirit prompts us to obey and do good works. The written law demands it. Big difference.
    The written law does not demand anything.
    What non-Biblical books are you getting your ideas from?
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  13. #87
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    16,842
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,284 Times in 7,913 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147837
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    Paul became all things to all men that he might win them to Christ and the gospel. He threw the Sabbath and the law in the dust heap per Galatians and Colossians.
    Sure he did:

    Acts 18 KJV


    21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.


    Acts 20 KJV

    6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days...............16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.


    You've not read "the volume of the book," much less studied it, have you Dora? Fess up...release yourself....let go...
    Saint John W

  14. #88
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348081
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    The written law does not demand anything.
    What non-Biblical books are you getting your ideas from?
    Exodus 8:27, Exodus 19:7.

  15. #89
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    8,035
    Thanks
    667
    Thanked 955 Times in 719 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    487131
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law written on the Christians heart is the Holy Spirit. It is not the same as the written law. The Holy Spirit prompts us to obey and do good works. The written law demands it. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    The written law does not demand anything.
    What non-Biblical books are you getting your ideas from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Exodus 8:27, Exodus 19:7.
    This is a command from God found in the New Testament.

    Acts 17:30
    30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:


    Do you believe this is the same as the written law or is this something new?
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  16. #90
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,911
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 394 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9714
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law written on the Christians heart is the Holy Spirit. It is not the same as the written law. The Holy Spirit prompts us to obey and do good works. The written law demands it. Big difference.
    So there are two sets of laws? making the kingdom an apartheid state of sorts...

    The Holy Spirit does NOT lead one to do the Will of Yah? Live and love just as He did?

    In the OT faith came first and then because it saved His people always WANTED to keep the Law...out of gratitude for being saved...

    Just like now...

    and just like then in the OT some people now don’t want to keep the law either...

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to clefty For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (March 16th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us