User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Does It Say In The Bible That You Go Directly To Heaven When You Die?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where Does It Say In The Bible That You Go Directly To Heaven When You Die?

Moreover, where does the theology that people are "looking down on us" from heaven?

Where does that come from?

I noticed in during the Billy Graham funeral his daughter said that "Daddy was in heaven", but then she turned around and quoted 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 which literally contradicts that theology.

People really are confused about what the Bible states concerning the state of the dead.

Not only is this sad, but also extremely dangerous.

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,887 Posts

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcATL View Post
    WHERE DOES IT SAY IN THE BIBLE THAT YOU GO DIRECTLY TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE?
    So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.For we walk by faith, not by sight.We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. - 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

Moreover, where does the theology that people are "looking down on us" from heaven?
    Honestly, If you think about it, people in heaven are probably busier interacting with others, and probably aren't paying too much attention to the things that happen on earth.

Bad theology because of not knowing what the Bible says.

I noticed in during the Billy Graham funeral his daughter said that "Daddy was in heaven", but then she turned around and quoted 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 which literally contradicts that theology.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep,

ie, dead

lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

those who died who had a personal relationship with God

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

talking about when bodies are raised at the rapture

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

Again, at the rapture, bodies will be raised

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

People really are confused about what the Bible states concerning the state of the dead.
    Agree, because of what I said above.

Not only is this sad, but also extremely dangerous.
    Agreed.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

eleos (March 24th, 2018),glorydaz (March 4th, 2018),Tambora (March 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So @JudgeRightly

You're separating the body from the breath and making them two (2) separate entities?

Where do you get that the body and the breath are two separate entities?

Explain those dynamics.

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,887 Posts

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So @JudgeRightly

You're separating the body from the breath and making them two (2) separate entities?

Explain those dynamics.
    Man is tripartite, ie, made of three parts.

Body, soul, and spirit.

All physical, living creatures have bodies, which allow them to interact with the physical universe.

Man and many animals have souls (animals having differing levels or qualities of souls, and man having a full soul), which allow them to interact with each other.

But only man has a spirit, which allows us to interact with God and the spiritual realm.

body = flesh
    soul = nephesh
    spirit = breath

All three make a person, though it can be argued that our bodies are simply something that we (being spiritual beings) control.

This article goes into detail on this topic.

https://bible.org/seriespage/2-man-t...irit-soul-body

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 4th, 2018),Tambora (March 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Man is tripartite, ie, made of three parts.

Body, soul, and spirit.

All physical, living creatures have bodies, which allow them to interact with the physical universe.

Man and many animals have souls (animals having differing levels or qualities of souls, and man having a full soul), which allow them to interact with each other.

But only man has a spirit, which allows us to interact with God and the spiritual realm.

body = flesh
    soul = nephesh
    spirit = breath

All three make a person, though it can be argued that our bodies are simply something that we (being spiritual beings) control.

This article goes into detail on this topic.

https://bible.org/seriespage/2-man-t...irit-soul-body
    Now you're coming up with LEVELS to souls (ie man vs. animal souls?!???)

I'm sorry, but you, the article and its author have it wrong.

The Bible never mentions the souls of animals, so we're not to consider them souls. Although they are precious living creatures.

The Bible tells us in Genesis 2:7 what a soul is.

It's a simple formula really...

Dust(Body) + Breath (of life from God) = Soul (an individual human being)

That's it.

Anything else is an addition or subtraction from God's Word, or (as the case usually is) taking it out of context into pretext.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,274 Times in 5,412 Posts

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes a soul is described as an individual human being. But that is in regard to the "inner" man as opposed to the "outward" man. Paul likens the body to something in which one is clothed upon (2 Cor.5:1-4).

The "soul" (the inner man) leaves the body upon the death of that body.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (March 7th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Sometimes a soul is described as an individual human being. But that is in regard to the "inner" man as opposed to the "outward" man. Paul likens the body to something in which one is clothed upon (2 Cor.5:1-4).

The "soul" (the inner man) leaves the body upon the death of that body.
    Sounds convoluted.

The Bible is plain sir, as I pointed out what it states in Genesis 2:7.

So are you suggesting that this "inner man" that you speak of, has a consciousness, separate and apart from that of the body, or what we know now in other words?

Thanks
    Thanked 35,312 Times in 17,742 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So @JudgeRightly

Explain those dynamics.
    Even animals have the breath of life, but man is comprised of body, soul, and spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 4th, 2018),Tambora (March 5th, 2018),way 2 go (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Even animals have the breath of life, but man is comprised of body, soul, and spirit.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    What about Genesis 2:7, where a soul is defined in the beginning, literally.

What do you have to say about that?

Thanks
    Thanked 35,312 Times in 17,742 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man became a living soul? That is speaking of his being a living being. Soul is used differently in the Bible depending on it's context. 'Fourteen souls lost at sea' or 'my soul shall make her boast in thee'...for example.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2018),Tambora (March 5th, 2018),way 2 go (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Man becomes a living soul when his body is made alive by the breath of God when He breathes a spirit in the man.

Don't believe what you have heard.

Study for yourself.

Job 32:8 But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

The flesh body without the spirit is dead. The flesh body with the spirit is a living soul..

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

The body with the spirit is a soul.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God's breath puts a spirit in our body at conception.

Don't believe these people here who merely repeat what their false teachers taught them.

our bodies are made alive by the spirit God gives each one of us, and it is what makes us a living soul.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Man becomes a living soul when his body is made alive by the breath of God when He breathes a spirit in the man.

Don't believe what you have heard.

Study for yourself.

Job 32:8 But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

The flesh body without the spirit is dead. The flesh body with the spirit is a living soul..

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

The body with the spirit is a soul.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but this is what I've been saying this entire thread.

It's the premise of my OP.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MarcATL For Your Post:

God's Truth (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you've noticed, but this is what I've been saying this entire thread.

It's the premise of my OP.
    Of course I noticed, but now that we confirm we both believe a soul is a body with a spirit...tell me, do you believe the spirit lives on in consciousness after the death of the body?

As a side note: you could have appreciated all the scriptures and argument for the truth that I explained.

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and read 1 Cor 4:9 that it kis a DRAMA / THEATER to Angels and to men on earth !!

dan p

Thread Information