User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Isn't Robert Mueller Investigating the Seth Rich Murder?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,168 Times in 5,326 Posts

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Isn't Robert Mueller Investigating the Seth Rich Murder?

As rumors swirl that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is preparing a case against Russians who are alleged to have hacked Democrats during the 2016 election - a conclusion based solely on the analysis of cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike, a Friday op-ed in the Washington Times by retired U.S. Navy admiral James A. Lyons, Jr. asks a simple, yet monumentally significant question: Why haven't Congressional Investigators or Special Counsel Robert Mueller addressed the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich - who multiple people have claimed was Wikileaks' source of emails leaked during the 2016 U.S. presidential election?

Mueller has been incredibly thorough in his ongoing investigations - however he won't even respond to Kim Dotcom, the New Zealand entrepreneur who clearly knew about the hacked emails long before they were released, claims that Seth Rich obtained them with a memory stick, and has offered to provide proof to the Special Counsel investigation.

More...

Mueller couldn't care less about the truth. He is on a witch hunt!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 3rd, 2018),Tambora (March 4th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,755 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because that's not his mandate. Mueller's mandate is to investigate Russian efforts to interfere in the US election in 2016, and any participation of Trump's campaign with them, and what matters arise directly from that investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html

Also, the Seth Rich thing is a conspiracy theory.

And ZeroHedge is still a Russian intelligence front.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Rusha (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,623 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Because that's not his mandate. Mueller's mandate is to investigate Russian efforts to interfere in the US election in 2016, and any participation of Trump's campaign with them, and what matters arise directly from that investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html

Also, the Seth Rich thing is a conspiracy theory.

And ZeroHedge is still a Russian intelligence front.
    Russian agents get really defensive about people saying that.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

rexlunae (March 3rd, 2018)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 1,091 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Why Isn't Robert Mueller Investigating the Seth Rich Murder?

The Department of Justice and the FBI consider themselves to be independent public agencies sworn to uphold the Constitution - not merely an extension of the Oval Office tasked with prosecuting the "political enemies" of this President!

It was President "Donald J" who appointed Attorney General Sessions and his Assistant Rob Rosenstein, so he has nobody to blame but himself - even his own White House Attorney threatened to resign if he attempted to fire Mueller!!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Russian agents get really defensive about people saying that.
    I've been wondering about Jerry. He's been here forever, which generally would lead me to assume he's a real person. But he seems to almost exclusively post ZeroHedge, which makes me wonder if someone else is posting for him.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've been wondering about Jerry. He's been here forever, which generally would lead me to assume he's a real person. But he seems to almost exclusively post ZeroHedge, which makes me wonder if someone else is posting for him.
    It's always here:

Russian Trolls Are Flooding Social Media With Messages Meant To Increase Tensions In U.S.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/58773...crease-tension
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 34,574 Times in 17,394 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boogy man around every corner.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Tambora (March 4th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Boogy man around every corner.
    Hard to tell a Russian troll from a "useful fool."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

rexlunae (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How WikiLeaks got the e-mails would fall into that purview and Seth Rich is one possible avenue. His murder should be looked into. What's the worst that could happen? Mueller solves an unrelated homicide? Oh the terror.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    How WikiLeaks got the e-mails would fall into that purview and Seth Rich is one possible avenue.
    Sure, if there were a credible reason to believe that. We don't know that he hasn't looked into it. Mueller has the burden of actually finding evidence to support where his investigation goes. He doesn't just look where Hannity or Trump think he should.

His murder should be looked into. What's the worst that could happen? Mueller solves an unrelated homicide? Oh the terror.
    In order to involve the Justice Department, you'd need a credible connection to federal jurisdiction. As far as I know, that doesn't exist. But even then, even if it did somehow fall into the Justice Department's jurisdiction, there's no reason not to assign a regular prosecutor to it. The special prosecutor exists to avoid the conflict of interest involved in investigating members of the Trump administration and their close associates. You don't get a special prosecutor because you think it'll make for good television.

But yes, I would love for someone to figure out who killed Seth. But the special counsel has his mandate, and so far, that ain't it. And I'd rather not distract the special prosecutor with irrelevant nonsense. If his investigation lead him to Seth Rich, he could request the authority to expand his investigation, but there's little reason to expect that it would. What you're really saying is that we should assume that crimes are committed by Democrats by default.
    Last edited by rexlunae; March 4th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, if there were a credible reason to believe that.
    Do you want Steele to write you a dossier?

We don't know that he hasn't looked into it.
    He should
    Mueller has the burden of actually finding evidence to support where his investigation goes.
    Rich is dead, that's evidence of a crime.

He doesn't just look where Hannity or Trump think he should.
    Those are the only two people that want a murder solved? When did the rest of us become so callous?

In order to involve the Justice Department, you'd need a credible connection to federal jurisdiction. As far as I know, that doesn't exist.
    How bout a Yahoo news story?

But even then, even if it did somehow fall into the Justice Department's jurisdiction, there's no reason not to assign a regular prosecutor to it. The special prosecutor exists to avoid the conflict of interest involved in investigating members of the Trump administration and their close associates. You don't get a special prosecutor because you think it'll make for good television.

But yes, I would love for someone to figure out who killed Seth. But the special counsel has his mandate, and so far, that ain't it. And I'd rather not distract the special prosecutor with irrelevant nonsense. If his investigation lead him to Seth Rich, he could request the authority to expand his investigation, but there's little reason to expect that it would. What you're really saying is that we should assume that crimes are committed by Democrats by default.
    Are you saying the Murderer was a Democrat?
    Why do you come to that conclusion?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want Steele to write you a dossier?
    Sure.

He should
    Would you like him to wash your car, too?

Rich is dead, that's evidence of a crime.
    Ah, so you think Mueller's mandate is to investigate all crimes? Did you read his mandate?

Those are the only two people that want a murder solved? When did the rest of us become so callous?
    Those are the two most determined to distract Mueller from his actual investigation.

How bout a Yahoo news story?
    How bout you get serious. Does Yahoo know who killed Seth Rich?

I'm gonna skip the part where you were clearly deliberately misunderstanding me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Rusha (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,168 Times in 5,326 Posts

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering about Jerry.
    You caught me!

I give up!

All this time I have been the go-between for the Trump campaign and Putin.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 4th, 2018),Tambora (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    You caught me!

I give up!

All this time I have been the go-between for the Trump campaign and Putin.
    Na, I don't think you're George Papadopolous.

Why do you post so much ZeroHedge?
    Last edited by rexlunae; March 5th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How WikiLeaks got the e-mails would fall into that purview and Seth Rich is one possible avenue. His murder should be looked into. What's the worst that could happen? Mueller solves an unrelated homicide? Oh the terror.
    I'd bet that Mueller has a pretty good idea how the Russians got the emails without resorting to baseless conspiracy theories. And no, in case you were wondering, I'm not suggesting it was Trump. You've got the worst case of motivated reasoning I've ever seen.

If you find a burglar's fingerprints at a crime scene, do you normally check to see if maybe Hillary Clinton robbed your house instead?

Thread Information