Thread: Trump's emotional insability and its consequences

Thanks
    Thanked 2,884 Times in 1,924 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Trump's emotional insability and its consequences

WASHINGTON — The doors at the White House have been swinging a lot lately. A deputy chief of staff moved on. A speechwriter resigned. The associate attorney general stepped down. The chief of staff offered to quit. And that was just Friday.

All of that came after the departure of Rob Porter, the White House staff secretary who cleared out his office last week amid accusations of spousal abuse. The White House had overlooked reported problems with his security clearance last year in part, officials said, because of a reluctance to lose yet another senior aide, particularly one seen as so professional and reliable.

More than a year into his administration, President Trump is presiding over a staff in turmoil, one with a 34 percent turnover rate, higher than any White House in decades. He has struggled to fill openings, unwilling to hire Republicans he considers disloyal and unable to entice Republicans who consider him unstable. Those who do come to work for him often do not last long, burning out from a volatile, sometimes cutthroat environment exacerbated by tweets and subpoenas.

To visit the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, the granite, slate and cast iron edifice across West Executive Avenue from the White House where most of the president’s staff works, at times feels like walking through a ghost town. The hallways do not bustle as much as in past administrations. The budget director is doing double duty as the acting head of the consumer protection agency. The personnel director is doing triple duty, also overseeing the offices of political affairs and public liaison.

“We have vacancies on top of vacancies,” said Kathryn Dunn Tenpas, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution who has studied White House turnover over the last six administrations. “You have initial vacancies, you have people who left in the first year and now you have people who are leaving in the second year.”
    Continue reading the main story
    Related Coverage

Rob Porter, White House Aide, Resigns After Accusations of Abuse FEB. 7, 2018
    Kelly Says He’s Willing to Resign as Abuse Scandal Roils White House FEB. 9, 2018
    White House Speechwriter Resigns Amid Abuse Accusations FEB. 9, 2018
    No. 3 Official at the Justice Department Is Stepping Down FEB. 9, 2018

According to a report by Ms. Tenpas, Mr. Trump’s 34 percent turnover rate in his first year is more than three times as high as President Barack Obama’s in the same period and twice as high as President Ronald Reagan’s, which until now was the modern record-holder. Of 12 positions deemed most central to the president, only five are still filled by the same person as when Mr. Trump took office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/u...-turnover.html
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Rusha (February 16th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,276 Times in 5,414 Posts

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    According to a report by Ms. Tenpas, Mr. Trump’s 34 percent turnover rate in his first year is more than three times as high as President Barack Obama’s in the same period and twice as high as President Ronald Reagan’s, which until now was the modern record-holder. Of 12 positions deemed most central to the president, only five are still filled by the same person as when Mr. Trump took office.
    How terrible. Let us focus on that instead of Obama's Secret Police who violated the civil rights of many citizens of the USA.

After all, the turnover rate in Trump's administration is of extreme importance compared to what happened under Obama and His Secret Police who used KGB tactics!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

patrick jane (February 23rd, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Barbarian

I think you need a hobby. Can I suggest the ukulele, perhaps, or playing chess. Maybe take up rock climbing or something like that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SUTG For Your Post:

fool (February 23rd, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (February 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SUTG View Post
    @BarbarianI think you need a hobby.
    I can assure you that it's not making Jerry cry and yell "Yahbut." That's just incidental. I like woodworking

Mrs. Barbarian always wanted a potting bench so I built one for her. It's pretty cool. The benchtop has a sink in it, with the drain open so that the excess soil falls through into a tub so it can be recovered.

And I'm fond of photography:

Can I suggest the ukulele,
    I'm not very musical. Sorry.

perhaps, or playing chess.
    Used to play a lot in college. But I live in Texas, and not many chess players hereabout.

Maybe take up rock climbing or something like that.
    When I turned 70, Mrs. B. told me I wasn't climbing anything any more. Had to hire someone to roof the shed, even.

But thanks for the suggestions.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

quip (March 2nd, 2018),SUTG (February 16th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trump's emotional insability and its consequences.

Another 17 more dead due to Trumps nutty policy of letting those with known mental issues have access to guns. And Trump did the just to spite Obama.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trump's emotional insability and its consequences

American credibility worldwide takes a dive. Even a hermit crab outsmarts Trump.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wrecked economy and massive national debt (except for call girls).

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to know we have a normal human being in the White House

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zzub View Post

Another 17 more dead due to Trumps nutty policy of letting those with known mental issues have access to guns. And Trump did the just to spite Obama.
    No one dies out of turn.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Nice to know we have a normal human being in the White House

The toilette cleaner?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zzub For Your Post:

Rusha (February 16th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one dies out of turn.

You sound mentally disturbed. Are you a Russian false personna?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Important quotes from Mueller's indictment of Russians

The so-called Internet Research Agency, a Russian corporate entity registered in July 2013, "sought, in part, to conduct what it called 'information warfare against the United States of America' through fictitious U.S. personas e.g the poster on this form who calls himself "intojoy", on social media platforms and other Internet-based media.'"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zzub For Your Post:

Rusha (February 16th, 2018),The Barbarian (February 22nd, 2018),User Name (February 16th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zzub View Post
    You sound mentally disturbed. Are you a Russian false personna?
    I’m not afraid to talk about death. Mine, yours everyone’s. It’s what I do. The only people that die out of turn are Christians who commit suicide. Satan puts unbelievers to death at his discretion and Jesus puts believers to sleep at their appointed time while believers that commit suicide dnd their lives before God’s time. Yet their time of death is played out according to God’s foreknowledge.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m not afraid to talk about death. Mine, yours everyone’s. It’s what I do. The only people that die out of turn are Christians who commit suicide. Satan puts unbelievers to death at his discretion and Jesus puts believers to sleep at their appointed time while believers that commit suicide dnd their lives before God’s time. Yet their time of death is played out according to God’s foreknowledge.

So, you are a closet calvinist. I guess trying to smokescreen Trumps disaterous gun law fiasco,

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I wonder how the parents of all those dead kids think about Trump's decision to make it possible for mentally disturbed people to get guns.

I think Trump's people have a pretty good idea. They are now refusing to release the photo of him signing in the bill that made those deaths possible.

Thread Information