User Tag List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 399

Thread: Is believing/faith a work ?

  1. #31
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,835
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,165 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64757
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You contradict yourself saying you agree with op points and then turned around and said Faith is not a work. Faith/believing is a work. Read how in Op.
    I read it twice friend; and while I agree with much of it and it is somewhat thought provoking; I do disagree with it's conclusion.

    Did you agree with any of my points? Why or why not?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

    meshak (February 15th, 2018)

  3. #32
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,442
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,924 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47794
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I read it twice friend; and while I agree with much of it and it is somewhat thought provoking; I do disagree with it's conclusion.

    Did you agree with any of my points? Why or why not?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    If u read it twice and understand it, then you see why i say you are in contradiction.

    Also this thread isnt about discussion of your points.

  4. #33
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,835
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,165 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64757
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    If u read it twice and understand it, then you see why i say you are in contradiction.

    Also this thread isnt about discussion of your points.
    Oh, so it is only for those who wholly agree with you? Not intended for actual conversation?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

    meshak (February 15th, 2018)

  6. #34
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,442
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,924 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47794
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Oh, so it is only for those who wholly agree with you? Not intended for actual conversation?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    No u don't have to agree with me. But I'm not deviating from wanting to discuss my points of the Op to discuss your points.

  7. #35
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,835
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,165 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64757
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    No u don't have to agree with me. But I'm not deviating from wanting to discuss my points of the Op to discuss your points.
    They both are related to your topic.

    My points were brought up due to your own and are not a deviation from the topic of the op.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

    meshak (February 15th, 2018)

  9. #36
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,604
    Thanks
    2,002
    Thanked 2,479 Times in 1,894 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41299
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    God is the Father, you and I are the sons.

    Matthew 21:28-31
    28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
    29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
    30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
    31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.



    The sons have the ability to do the will of the Father or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    God is the Father, you and I are the sons.

    Matthew 21:28-31
    28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
    29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
    30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
    31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.



    The sons have the ability to do the will of the Father or not.
    Yes we have a choice, believe or not, obey or not. And once we hear the word and believe, we are then to try and turn from sin and when God sees a willing heart he blesses us with his Spirit and he helps us to overcome.

    I don't think that the apostles would have been blessed with the Spirit if they didn't obey Jesus's word.

    And Jesus also said this

    Matthew 7

    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

    So we have a choice, live by the will of the father who is our God, or not. It's no good just saying "I believe" with our mouths, we have to live it out and he a doer of the word and not a hearer only.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (February 15th, 2018),meshak (February 15th, 2018),popsthebuilder (February 15th, 2018)

  11. #37
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,604
    Thanks
    2,002
    Thanked 2,479 Times in 1,894 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41299
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    God's Sons are exclusive to those who were Chosen of the Father in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5.

    All the rest are not His Sons, but are of their father the devil Mat. 13:38.
    You'll know who belongs to who by their works and their fruits!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

    meshak (February 15th, 2018),popsthebuilder (February 15th, 2018)

  13. #38
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,442
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,924 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47794
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    They both are related to your topic.

    My points were brought up due to your own and are not a deviation from the topic of the op.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I don't want to discuss your points so why the harassment?

  14. #39
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,835
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,165 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64757
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    I don't want to discuss your points so why the harassment?
    I'm trying to discuss your own points. It just happens to be from my own perspective.

    I'll leave. I'm not trying to harass you.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  15. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    I don't want to discuss your points so why the harassment?
    harassment?

    You have been harassing everyone who don't agree with your claim.

    You even called me a liar without any reason.

    I think that is harassment big time.

  16. #41
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,442
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,924 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47794
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I'm trying to discuss your own points. It just happens to be from my own perspective.

    I'll leave. I'm not trying to harass you.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Please tell me one by one what my points are in the Op and how i made them.

  17. #42
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,442
    Thanks
    780
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,924 Posts

    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47794
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    harassment?

    You have been harassing everyone who don't agree with your claim.

    You even called me a liar without any reason.

    I think that is harassment big time.
    Do u want to discuss the points made in the Op ?

  18. #43
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,612
    Thanks
    2,726
    Thanked 928 Times in 895 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    26546
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    You'll know who belongs to who by their works and their fruits!

    Is believing / faith a work?
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  19. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Do u want to discuss the points made in the Op ?
    You made a false accusations.

    You lied about my posts.

    And you try to silence those speak the whole truth.

    some of us are claiming producing fruit is the core of salvation.

    And we are challenging your claim. so stop harassing posters who are challenging your claim.
    .


    Yes, believe in Jesus is producing godly fruit.


    We are on the topic.

  20. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post

    Is believing / faith a work?
    Of course it is, according to Jesus.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us