User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump lawyer admits paying off Stormy Daniels, but...

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 3,536 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Well, I doubt if there is a man on earth who has not committed adultery either in the heart or in the flesh, although many will hollowly protest otherwise. I am no angel, and I won't fault Trump for not being one either.

Christianity is proof that whatever we may have been or done in the past can be changed and forgiven in the present. As president I am mightily impressed with Trump. Clinton on the other hand committed adultery right in the freakin' oval office. For him it was a present offense, not a past one, and he then lied about it to all of us on national tv, thus adding insult to injury.
    Well hey there CC. You go right on ahead and be 'mightily impressed' with Trump ya hear? Don't pay no heed to them thar naysayers who might not be so gullible an' all okay? Gotta go get me a horse that Ah can pretend to ride to town and gets me somes votes an' all that...

Whoa? Ah lost the seat back when now? Well, sum of a miscount...
    Well this is fun isn't it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Rusha (February 19th, 2018)

Over 4000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    ......As you know, Trump claims to be pro-life, but was pro-abortion......
    So what. Isn't that what God and Christ is all about? Redemption and change?

Paul murdered Christians until he saw the light.
    Matthew was a tax collector, the lowest of the low, before he was an Apostle.

You talk a big game about Jesus, yet you deny Trump the same forgiveness that you claim He offers. Your hypocrisy is damning.

Most people know the Lord's Prayer, but few remember the two verses that directly follow it in the Bible:

"For if you will forgive men their offences, your heavenly Father will forgive you also your offences. But if you will not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive you your offences."

I suggest you remember those verses, you who were just blabbering about Christian ethics and morals in a previous post.

"God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,099 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    (Barbarian notes that Trump was pro-life, but suddenly changed his stance when he wanted to run as a republican)

So what. Isn't that what God and Christ is all about?
    No, I don't think so.

Redemption and change?
    Redemption requires one to have repented and asked for forgiveness. Trump says he doesn't need God's forgiveness.

Paul murdered Christians until he saw the light.
    But he, unlike Trump, repented and asked for God's forgiveness.

You talk a big game about Jesus
    If you think it's a big game, you're missing what He's asking of you. Here's one practical guide to that:

It's not about politics or separating believers from one another. It's just trying to follow Him to the best of your ability. Worth a read. You'll be uplifted and closer to God afterwards.

yet you deny Trump the same forgiveness that you claim He offers
    I can only go with what Trump has said. To say that adultery is not a sin, and that God's forgiveness is not necessary, is to deny what Christians believe.

Your hypocrisy is damning.
    Have you read the Catechism? What does it say about those things?

Most people know the Lord's Prayer, but few remember the two verses that directly follow it in the Bible:
    "For if you will forgive men their offences, your heavenly Father will forgive you also your offences. But if you will not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive you your offences."

Trump has done nothing to me. There is nothing for me to forgive. However, if he is to be saved, he will have to repent his sins, including all of his adulteries. And he has said that he is unwilling to do so.

Scripture specifically calls us to repentance, which is why we do so three times in every mass.

I suggest you remember those verses.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Rusha (February 19th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,614 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he actually intended that to be blasphemous. But it sure is.
    It was too blasphemous for me, and I'm an atheist. I think if he were making the same point about anyone else, he would have seen the absurdity of the suggestion, but he's so deep into Trump that it doesn't sound that far off to him.

You could literally fill in any other name, and if you put the same question to him, he be outraged. Stalin. Obama. JFK. It's just a silly way to try to argue.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some guys have all the luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Heck, that's just such a flat out bonkers hypothetical it's almost hysterical.

Actually, it's just bonkers.
    I literally laughed out loud when I read that. I mean, I know a lot of Trump supporters see him in somewhat Messianic terms, but you don't often see them out and admit it.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (February 19th, 2018),Rusha (February 19th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 Times in 1,001 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

..... You talk a big game about Jesus, yet you deny Trump the same forgiveness that you claim He offers. Your hypocrisy is damning.
    Since when has Trump asked for forgiveness - he simply denies everything?

He stands condemned by his own words - "And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

Celebrities, like him, feel entitled to do whatever they want and never suffer the consequences - when you're a billionaire, the truth about "do(ing) it" and "do anything" is whatever you say it is, using money and the legal system to sue your critics and/or buy their silence!
    Last edited by jgarden; February 19th, 2018 at 03:38 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (February 19th, 2018),Rusha (February 19th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,099 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    I literally laughed out loud when I read that. I mean, I know a lot of Trump supporters see him in somewhat Messianic terms, but you don't often see them out and admit it.
    I don't think he actually meant it the way it sounded. But he has rather firmly confused Trump with Christian belief.

Which is weird, seeing as Trump has repeatedly denied essential Christian beliefs.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he actually meant it the way it sounded. But he has rather firmly confused Trump with Christian belief.

Which is weird, seeing as Trump has repeatedly denied essential Christian beliefs.
    I think he meant it as much as he said, but probably didn't mean to let on that he meant it that much. He framed it as a hypothetical, but you know he thought about it a little bit. And his views are certainly more in line with Trump's then they are with the Jesus of the Gospels. It may well be that he's more a Trumpian than a Christian, and his main mistake was dragging Jesus into what he said.
    Last edited by rexlunae; February 18th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 2,256 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're pro-abortion, then only one of us is. As you know, Trump claims to be pro-life, but was pro-abortion, until he decided he wanted to run as a republican.

Trump's position on abortion depends on who he's talking to at the time..
    EXACTLY ... he will say whatever and do whatever it takes to stay in power. His actions are not that of someone who values ALL life, and he doesn't see the unborn as anything more than props to keep him in office.
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (February 19th, 2018),rexlunae (February 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presidents don't get to pick and choose what they are presidents of.
    I don't think very many people voted for Trump because they thought he would move the needle on social issues. If you wanted to turn back the clock on gay marriage for instance Cruz was your guy.

They sent Trump to fix the money. Not Society.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I don't think very many people voted for Trump because they thought he would move the needle on social issues. If you wanted to turn back the clock on gay marriage for instance Cruz was your guy.

They sent Trump to fix the money. Not Society.
    Bush 43 didn't run to be the 9/11 president. He just wanted to cut taxes and invade Iraq for his rich pals. But it would have been dereliction if he hadn't responded to 9/11. Trump's failure to respond to Russian election meddling is dereliction.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (February 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bush 43 didn't run to be the 9/11 president. He just wanted to cut taxes and invade Iraq for his rich pals. But it would have been dereliction if he hadn't responded to 9/11. Trump's failure to respond to Russian election meddling is dereliction.
    Should he unleash 15 internet trolls on Putin?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stormy shoulda tried for pregnancy..$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information