Thread: Trump privately calling Rosenstein a threat to his presidency

Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,674 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Trump privately calling Rosenstein a threat to his presidency

President Trump has referred to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Robert Mueller as the special counsel for the Russia probe, as “a threat to his presidency,” according to a report in The Washington Post.

The report, published Sunday, said Trump has referred to Rosenstein as “weak” and made fun of the deputy attorney general’s testimony last week in front of the House Judiciary Committee.

The president has also complained about Rosenstein being “a Democrat," although the Justice Department official is actually a Republican, the Post said.

Rosenstein appointed Mueller the special counsel in May, after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey.

The report from the newspaper comes after a rumor swirled that Trump would fire the special counsel. But the president declared Sunday that he had no plans to do so.

Rosenstein last week testified that he sees no cause to fire Mueller, who has for months led the investigation into Russia’s attempts to meddle in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and any potential ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Mueller has secured guilty pleas from two Trump associates, including former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Mueller has also charged two other Trump campaign figures, including former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...sidency-report

At this point, it appears that America and the rule of law is a threat to Trump's presidency.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,568 Times in 13,014 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I don't read your maroon posts, only the short posts you make. But if he said it privately, how do you know? He probably meant that Rosensteen is a "threat" to national security, dontcha think?

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,280 Times in 2,462 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    At this point, it appears that America and the rule of law is a threat to Trump's presidency.
    The biggest threat to Trump's presidency is ... *Trump*.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (February 13th, 2018),rexlunae (February 15th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,674 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I don't read your maroon posts, only the short posts you make.
    They aren't for you to read. They're for people who don't have trouble with several paragraphs at a time.

But if he said it privately, how do you know?
    That kind of thing never gets covered up. People talk.

He probably meant that Rosensteen is a "threat" to national security, dontcha think?
    "I am the state" - Every would-be dictator, including Trump.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Rusha (February 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    The biggest threat to Trump's presidency is ... *Trump*.
    That's what they said about his Candidacy and yet here we are.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 1,099 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I don't read your maroon posts, only the short posts you make. But if he said it privately, how do you know? He probably meant that Rosensteen is a "threat" to national security, dontcha think?
    Having a short attention span is a reoccurring theme with "The Donald" and the "deplorables" - apparently this President skips or cuts short his security briefings and has been known to send out tweets during times scheduled for briefings!

Rosenstein is a Trump appointee, so if the President thinks he's a threat, he has nobody to blame but himself!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

Rusha (February 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Having a short attention span is a reoccurring theme with "The Donald" and the "deplorables" - apparently this President skips or cuts short his security briefings and has been known to send out tweets during times scheduled for briefings!
    Trump controls the narrative with those Tweets, He has a mainline into every mind with no filters.
    Trumps use of Twitter has changed the entire landscape of Information and Politics.
    Those who ignore that do so at their own peril.
    Rosenstein is a Trump appointee, so if the President thinks he's a threat, he has nobody to blame but himself!
    Mistakes get made, and then Corrected.
    And then you move on.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thread Information