User Tag List

Thread: Christian Doctrine of Omnipresence to Blame for the Triumph of Darwinism

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christian Doctrine of Omnipresence to Blame for the Triumph of Darwinism

So I was reading through the Origin of Species lately and Darwin pointed out that the creationist doctrine of speciation, namely miraculous special creation, was ad hoc when he observed different species of plants producing different quantities of variation. I see nowhere in Scripture to support the idea that God acts directly into the natures of creatures excepting of course the Genesis creation account and then Gen. 11 with the tower of Babel. It is traditional Orthodox Theology, Westminster Confession Chapter on Providence, that God does not cause everything directly (Occasionalism) but Providentially works through second causes. The solution to Darwin then is to recognize that the deists were right on the doctrine of omnipresence. 1 Kings 8 and Gen. 11 make very clear that God's dwelling place is the heavenly sanctuary, not everywhere.
    Anglo Protestant Noahic/Messianic

Southern Nationalist

Platform Website: http://southernprotestant.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 2,330 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darwin shouldn't be your go-to guy for theology. He became a bitter man, and seemed to totally reject the God of the Bible, especially toward the end of his life.

It was Darwin's lack of understanding of Scripture that lead to his belief system. Darwin rejected Genesis and blamed God for evil. However, Scripture tells us that entropy / corruption of creation is a result of our own sin.

Re. your comment about speciation, the above comments apply. Speciation results from a LOSS of genetic variation. Highly speciated populations are often endangered.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Darwin shouldn't be your go-to guy for theology. He became a bitter man, and seemed to totally reject the God of the Bible, especially toward the end of his life.

It was Darwin's lack of understanding of Scripture that lead to his belief system. Darwin rejected Genesis and blamed God for evil. However, Scripture tells us that entropy / corruption of creation is a result of our own sin.

Re. your comment about speciation, the above comments apply. Speciation results from a LOSS of genetic variation. Highly speciated populations are often endangered.
    You did not address the argument of Darwin nor did you address the passages from 1 King 8 and Gen. 11.

Southern Nationalist

Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 907 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, [including DNA] and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. - Colossians 1:15-17 KJV

NASB vs 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
    NIV vs 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    ESV vs 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    NKJV vs 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist
    Last edited by beameup; February 13th, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, [including DNA] and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. - Colossians 1:15-17 KJV

NASB vs 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
    You just quoted the verse saying by, and then you replace with the word in, and you did it on purpose. Please provide the difference between omnipresence and pantheism.
    Last edited by Drake Shelton; February 13th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.

Southern Nationalist

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Shelton View Post
    You just quoted the verse saying by, and then you replace with the word in, and you did it on purpose. Please provide the difference between omnipresence and pantheism.
    Read the scriptures at the bottom of my post.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Read the scriptures at the bottom of my post.
    Now I know why i stopped discussing things with modern Christians.

Southern Nationalist

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Shelton View Post
    Now I know why i stopped discussing things with modern Christians.
    You can hover over them and they will pop up. Avoid them at your own peril. The first four verses at the top are the gospel of your salvation. Believe and be saved. It won't hurt to read them.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,901 Times in 2,330 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Shelton
    You did not address the argument of Darwin nor did you address the passages from 1 King 8 and Gen. 11.
    Well perhaps suggest What part of your argument wasn't addressed. Darwin was wrong about selection and speciation. He imagined it to be an uphill process and science shows it is the opposite.. natural selection is the process of elimination and not creation.

Darwin was wrong about science. And he placed his false beliefs about God's word. His theology missed the mark because he tried to interpret God's word through his secular belief system.

Re. the 2 Scripture passages, it's very easy to understand using all Scripture, and not those passages in isolation. Scripture is quite clear that God / Jesus is omnipresent. God can manifest Himself in bodily form, or a stronger spiritual presence; which does not preclude His omnipresence.

PSALM 139:8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;

if I go down to the grave,a]" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">[a]you are there.
    9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
    if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
    10 even there your hand will guide me,
    and your strength will support me.

Thread Information