User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Christian Doctrine of Omnipresence to Blame for the Triumph of Darwinism

  1. #1
    Journeyman Drake Shelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5306

    Christian Doctrine of Omnipresence to Blame for the Triumph of Darwinism

    So I was reading through the Origin of Species lately and Darwin pointed out that the creationist doctrine of speciation, namely miraculous special creation, was ad hoc when he observed different species of plants producing different quantities of variation. I see nowhere in Scripture to support the idea that God acts directly into the natures of creatures excepting of course the Genesis creation account and then Gen. 11 with the tower of Babel. It is traditional Orthodox Theology, Westminster Confession Chapter on Providence, that God does not cause everything directly (Occasionalism) but Providentially works through second causes. The solution to Darwin then is to recognize that the deists were right on the doctrine of omnipresence. 1 Kings 8 and Gen. 11 make very clear that God's dwelling place is the heavenly sanctuary, not everywhere.
    Anglo Protestant Noahic/Messianic

    Southern Nationalist

    Platform Website: http://southernprotestant.com/

  2. #2
    Over 5000 post club 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,595
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 3,391 Times in 2,058 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1318576
    Darwin shouldn't be your go-to guy for theology. He became a bitter man, and seemed to totally reject the God of the Bible, especially toward the end of his life.

    It was Darwin's lack of understanding of Scripture that lead to his belief system. Darwin rejected Genesis and blamed God for evil. However, Scripture tells us that entropy / corruption of creation is a result of our own sin.

    Re. your comment about speciation, the above comments apply. Speciation results from a LOSS of genetic variation. Highly speciated populations are often endangered.

  3. #3
    Journeyman Drake Shelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5306
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Darwin shouldn't be your go-to guy for theology. He became a bitter man, and seemed to totally reject the God of the Bible, especially toward the end of his life.

    It was Darwin's lack of understanding of Scripture that lead to his belief system. Darwin rejected Genesis and blamed God for evil. However, Scripture tells us that entropy / corruption of creation is a result of our own sin.

    Re. your comment about speciation, the above comments apply. Speciation results from a LOSS of genetic variation. Highly speciated populations are often endangered.
    You did not address the argument of Darwin nor did you address the passages from 1 King 8 and Gen. 11.
    Anglo Protestant Noahic/Messianic

    Southern Nationalist

    Platform Website: http://southernprotestant.com/

  4. #4
    Over 3000 post club beameup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,157
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 1,246 Times in 836 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    147998
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, [including DNA] and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. - Colossians 1:15-17 KJV

    NASB vs 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
    NIV vs 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    ESV vs 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    NKJV vs 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist
    Last edited by beameup; February 13th, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Journeyman Drake Shelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5306
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, [including DNA] and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. - Colossians 1:15-17 KJV

    NASB vs 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
    You just quoted the verse saying by, and then you replace with the word in, and you did it on purpose. Please provide the difference between omnipresence and pantheism.
    Last edited by Drake Shelton; February 13th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Anglo Protestant Noahic/Messianic

    Southern Nationalist

    Platform Website: http://southernprotestant.com/

  6. #6
    TOL Subscriber patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    31,606
    Thanks
    16,628
    Thanked 15,930 Times in 12,507 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147839
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Shelton View Post
    You just quoted the verse saying by, and then you replace with the word in, and you did it on purpose. Please provide the difference between omnipresence and pantheism.
    Read the scriptures at the bottom of my post.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  7. #7
    Journeyman Drake Shelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5306
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Read the scriptures at the bottom of my post.
    Now I know why i stopped discussing things with modern Christians.
    Anglo Protestant Noahic/Messianic

    Southern Nationalist

    Platform Website: http://southernprotestant.com/

  8. #8
    TOL Subscriber patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    31,606
    Thanks
    16,628
    Thanked 15,930 Times in 12,507 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147839
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Shelton View Post
    Now I know why i stopped discussing things with modern Christians.
    You can hover over them and they will pop up. Avoid them at your own peril. The first four verses at the top are the gospel of your salvation. Believe and be saved. It won't hurt to read them.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  9. #9
    Over 5000 post club 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,595
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 3,391 Times in 2,058 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1318576
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Shelton
    You did not address the argument of Darwin nor did you address the passages from 1 King 8 and Gen. 11.
    Well perhaps suggest What part of your argument wasn't addressed. Darwin was wrong about selection and speciation. He imagined it to be an uphill process and science shows it is the opposite.. natural selection is the process of elimination and not creation.


    Darwin was wrong about science. And he placed his false beliefs about God's word. His theology missed the mark because he tried to interpret God's word through his secular belief system.


    Re. the 2 Scripture passages, it's very easy to understand using all Scripture, and not those passages in isolation. Scripture is quite clear that God / Jesus is omnipresent. God can manifest Himself in bodily form, or a stronger spiritual presence; which does not preclude His omnipresence.


    PSALM 139:8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;

    if I go down to the grave,a]" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">[a]you are there.
    9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
    if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
    10 even there your hand will guide me,
    and your strength will support me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us