User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Thread: In our name and on our behalf

  1. #16
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Yup...and that Holy Spirit given is to do what? Teach what? guide according to?
    John 14:26, John 15:26, John 16:13,14.

  2. #17
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Is that the law Christ spoke to Israel and wrote on tablets of stone?
    Yes, It is the Mosiac law.

  3. #18
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    Where do you find any scripture that shows that the Holy Spirit indwells anyone BEFORE they believe the Gospel?
    No one is indwelt with the Holy Spirit until they believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

  4. #19
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,714
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    John 14:26, John 15:26, John 16:13,14.
    Praise be HalleluYah...

    Cuz those verses are EXACTLY what keeps you keeping the Law...you stay on that Path the Spirit guides you on and you will do fine...and abide in His Love...and keep your Name in the book of life...

    Earlier you had me worried with all your going on about NO LAW...it was abolished...you get to do what you want...free...

    That the Law makes you sin...brings condemnation here and there and everywhere a burden and for da jews only not for christians...

    But soon you will realize if you are driving the speed limit you dont have to panic and slow down when you see the Po Po...just smile and wave...haha...that really gets them suspicious...

    But with those verses you posted just keep following the Spirit and it will indeed teach and guide you along a life OF His faith...His WAY...followed just as...to love just as He did...

    And to live life abundantly...”do this and LIVE”...now AND in the next life...

    Oh man so happy you posted those texts which the Spirit will guide you to...

  5. #20
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    653
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 157 Times in 117 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    54741
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    No one is indwelt with the Holy Spirit until they believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.
    That's not what you said in post #6. You said that no one can understand the Gospel unless they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. How can someone believe the Gospel if they don't understand it? What do you think the word believe means?
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to fishrovmen For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (February 13th, 2018)

  7. #21
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,714
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    That's not what you said in post #6. You said that no one can understand the Gospel unless they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. How can someone believe the Gospel if they don't understand it? What do you think the word believe means?
    Go easy on him...He is here to reveal our fruits of the Spirit...long suffering, patience...love him as He loved us...just as

  8. #22
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    12,542
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 540 Times in 507 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    89673
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You cannot reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved. You are as lost as they come.
    Shalom.

    Today is Shlishli, 11-28.

    I have not rejected the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When I first understood it I believed it.

    I have been here for years presenting the truth of this message. I preach the whole counsel of the Word of God now. It is not true that the gospel is no longer true. The gospel without the commandments is not the gospel, because Jesus instructed us to keep (do) and teach the commandments. Even Paul taught the commandments. But this is void from the gospel I once was preached. As much as I understood God did not even want us to obey Him any more after Jesus died on the cross for our sins. He was buried, yes. And rose from the dead.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    John 1:40-41 NASB, John 1:49 NASB - 40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

  9. #23
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    That's not what you said in post #6. You said that no one can understand the Gospel unless they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. How can someone believe the Gospel if they don't understand it? What do you think the word believe means?
    On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard Peter's Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

    Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

  10. #24
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    Today is Shlishli, 11-28.

    I have not rejected the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When I first understood it I believed it.

    I have been here for years presenting the truth of this message. I preach the whole counsel of the Word of God now. It is not true that the gospel is no longer true. The gospel without the commandments is not the gospel, because Jesus instructed us to keep (do) and teach the commandments. Even Paul taught the commandments. But this is void from the gospel I once was preached. As much as I understood God did not even want us to obey Him any more after Jesus died on the cross for our sins. He was buried, yes. And rose from the dead.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

    We are saved and justified by faith alone. If you add anything to that it no longer by faith alone, it is by works.

  11. #25
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    12,542
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 540 Times in 507 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    89673
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    We are saved and justified by faith alone. If you add anything to that it no longer by faith alone, it is by works.
    Faith alone, yes. But God wants us to obey Him in faith. If you do not have faith, it is impossible to please Him. Is it important to obey God? What do you think? What do you believe? Is it true that faith without obedience is not (true) faith at all?

    In other words, is there such a thing as faith without obedience? If you have faith in God why would you say that it is not important for you to obey Him?

    I do not know why people say faith alone. It sounds like people are saying faith without works or faith without obedience.

    You are saved by grace through faith and not of works. But God wants you to serve Him. He has prepared works in advance for you to do, if you are truly of Him.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    John 1:40-41 NASB, John 1:49 NASB - 40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

  12. #26
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,693
    Thanks
    1,424
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 1,113 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    317495
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Yes, It is the Mosiac law.
    Jesus did not write that law on stone.

    You are mistaken.

  13. #27
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Jesus did not write that law on stone.

    You are mistaken.

    God's law is written by the Holy Spirit on the hearts of those who believe in his Son Jesus Christ, Hebrews 8:10.

  14. #28
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,693
    Thanks
    1,424
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 1,113 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    317495
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    God's law is written by the Holy Spirit on the hearts of those who believe in his Son Jesus Christ, Hebrews 8:10.
    Is your heart stone?

  15. #29
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,430
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Is your heart stone?
    If you have not received his Son Jesus Christ, you have a heart of stone.

  16. #30
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    653
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 157 Times in 117 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    54741
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard Peter's Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

    Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.
    Ok, what does this have to do with post #6 where you claim that to understand the Gospel, one must be indwelt with the Holy Spirit?
    Where do you find any scripture that declares this?
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us