Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: essential for salvation:

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post

I know but that's not what Jesus tells us to do.

Christians are supposed to be Jesus followers.

He says to follow me meaning do like what He did.

It is so simple yet most churches are not interested, it seems.

You see, I don't get much of positive reaction about His word.
    its hard to follow the example of Jesus and at the same time rooted deep into this world. many today want to do both so they create doctrines that make it possible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jaybird For Your Post:

marhig (February 13th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,518 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    its hard to follow the example of Jesus and at the same time rooted deep into this world. many today want to do both so they create doctrines that make it possible.
    It is not because it is hard to follow Him. All Jesus asks is to do our best to be helpful or loving.

If we do our best to be like Him, it will show to the world. And that's the mission for His followers; to be salt and light of the world.

Jesus looks into our heart.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

marhig (February 13th, 2018),popsthebuilder (February 13th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with the essentials of salvation according to the passage in the OP. my understanding may be different them some. the actions of your life define who you are and determine how you pass to the next world.

Mat 25 42-43
    42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.

living a life like this is living through Jesus. through that example is the way to the Father.

in todays Christianity the Samaritan in Luke 10 might have issues making it to the next world such as:
    what does he believe?
    whats his denomination?
    what does he believe on the nature of Christ?
    what church doctrines does he accept?
    how did he get baptized?
    and the fruits of his life . . .not important.
    That's true, there is only one way and thats Jesus, the way not a denomination etc. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and his way is the only way is the way to follow and his life is the life to follow also.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

meshak (February 13th, 2018),popsthebuilder (February 13th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true too, men create doctrines to suit man, Jesus preached a gospel to suit God. The way that Jesus teaches is a way that goes against the flesh and this world. And those who belong to him walk in the Spirit and worship God in Spirit and in truth, and they are not of this world anymore. They are in the world, but they are not of it. God loves those in the world but not the ways of the world and we are to leave the world behind when we truly follow Christ Jesus.

1 John 2

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

jaybird (February 13th, 2018),meshak (February 13th, 2018),popsthebuilder (February 13th, 2018)

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lazy afternoon For Your Post:

marhig (February 13th, 2018),meshak (February 13th, 2018),popsthebuilder (February 13th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,577 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
    The Lord Jesus Christ was speaking to the "Lost Sheep of the House of Israel."

Matthew 15:24: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (February 14th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not because it is hard to follow Him. All Jesus asks us to do our best to be helpful or loving.

If we do our best to be like Him, it will show to the world. And that's the mission for His followers; to be salt and light of the world.

Jesus looks into our heart.
    Your faith is in yourself and not in Christ for your salvation. You'll never make it that way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Meshak is speaking the truth, what don't you disagree with here?
    Meshak is placing her faith in herself. Anyone who places their faith in themselves is placing their faith in a fool.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Meshak is placing her faith in herself. Anyone who places their faith in themselves is placing their faith in a fool.
    Fool.
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    Fool.
    Now, is that a nice thing for you to say? And here, I had such high hopes that you would've matured beyond name calling and would have gone on to bigger and better things. I guess my hopes for you were in vain. That makes me really sad, LA. However, I do accept your apology and we'll go from there, okay?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, is that a nice thing for you to say? And here, I had such high hopes that you would've matured beyond name calling and would have gone on to bigger and better things. I guess my hopes for you were in vain. That makes me really sad, LA. However, I do accept your apology and we'll go from there, okay?
    The Bible calls you a fool over and over.

Pro 24:7 Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
    Pro 24:8 He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.
    Pro 24:9 The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you make such obvious false accusation?

Look at the OP. Is that my word? no, it is Jesus' word.

You are the one with lying lips and you have no legitimacy to make accusation on anyone.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,406 Times in 2,554 Posts

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Get off the Good Samaritan Kick. It has nothing to do with salvation. We are saved by grace through faith and believing in Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (February 15th, 2018),Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Get off the Good Samaritan Kick.
    That's how Jesus explains about salvation.

why do you disregard it?

I thought you claim Jesus is your Lord.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,406 Times in 2,554 Posts

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's how Jesus explains about salvation.

why do you disregard it?

I thought you claim Jesus is your Lord.
    Where do you see salvation in the parable? Explain it so that I can understand.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (February 15th, 2018),Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

Thread Information