User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 76 to 80 of 80

Thread: They keep finding more...

  1. #76
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,652
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,674 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    283868
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Don't forget that when Hillary is indicted for her role in the Uranium One deal
    Why would you lie about something so obvious? Or maybe you were just easily suckered again. Turns out the faked story got a lot of coverage. Perhaps someone took advantage of your gullibility, again...



    Has an Indictment Been Issued in the Uranium One Investigation?
    There's no credible evidence linking a January 2018 indictment with a persistent Clinton conspiracy theory.

    Perhaps because the indictment contains the Pavlovian buzzword “uranium,” it has been widely reported as being related to the Uranium One deal although no basis in fact has been offered demonstrating how the two cases are related. Other than Rosatom, uranium and a shared witness who was reportedly so unreliable he was dropped from the Justice Department’s investigation into Mikerin, no credible evidence of a connection between the Lambert indictment and the Uranium One sale has been made public.

    The only news outlet we could locate that accurately reported the story was the 135-year-old local newspaper, the Frederick News-Post. Otherwise, nationally-oriented blogs and cable news reported information that they did not bother to support with facts, drawing on the tangential similarities between the two cases and presenting them to their audiences as one and the same, leading many to falsely believe an indictment has been issued in a Uranium One investigation.

    The first instance we could find of the leap being made from the Uranium One conspiracy to the Lambert indictment was DailyWire.com, a web site owned by right wing commentator Ben Shapiro, which on 12 January 2018 ran the headline “BREAKING: Indictment Handed Out In Russian Bribery Case Involving Uranium One, Hillary Clinton.”


    because there was a lot of money laundering going on
    Apparently so. But Clinton had nothing to do with the Trump organization:

    Perhaps the most interesting thread is Simpson’s suggestion that the Trump Organization could have been used by Russians to launder money—an arrangement that would have both allowed Kremlin-linked figures to scrub cash and would have created possible blackmail material over the now-president, since the Russian government would be aware that a crime had been committed.

    “I've felt all along in the Russia investigation that the most important issues were those that had the potential of exerting a continuing influence over the administration and over U.S. policy,” Representative Adam Schiff of California, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told me Friday. “And if the Russians were laundering money through the Trump Organization, the Russians would know it, the president would know it, and that could be very powerful leverage.”

    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...e-here/551024/
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  2. #77
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,201
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 768 Times in 516 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    266165
    fool asks;

    Quote Originally Posted by fool
    That's not his problem.
    If a "Numbered Company" makes an offer on some real estate you have on the Market how exactly do you tell them No?
    Rex replies
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    It's literally a word that toddlers learn.
    OK do toddlers learn how to say "Fair Housing Act"?

    Quote Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Housing_Act
    The Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968) introduced meaningful federal enforcement mechanisms. It outlaws:
    Refusal to sell or rent a dwelling to any person because of race, color, disability, religion, sex, familial status, or national origin.
    How do the toddlers you know get around that?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  3. #78
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,201
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 768 Times in 516 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    266165
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    If Trump hadn't lied about his Russian connections, people might believe him. But he lied about it. And no one really thinks that he didn't have a reason he didn't want us to know about it.
    It was the biggest home sale in US history. How did he lie about it? There were articles written. It was not a secret.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  4. #79
    Over 5000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    5,783
    Thanks
    1,227
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    954255
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    This is a huge lot in Palm Bach FL. There is not an abundance of those.
    But if all you're going to do is subdivide it, you don't need a huge lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    The Russian got 37 million for a third of it after he subdivided.
    Not quite. He got $34 million for 38% of it. Not exactly a profit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maison_de_L%27Amitie

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    You're not making any sense here. How is it he can't freely spend it and then he very publicly spends it in the biggest home transaction in American History?
    If he does a transaction for big dollars at one amount, and then sells the property in chunks at different amounts, it has an apparently legitimate paper trail, and it's more difficult to trace the money back to a nefarious transaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Again, you're not making any sense here. He offered real estate for sale and someone bought it.
    How is that Laundering?
    Likewise, if you offer a box for sale, and someone buys it, how could that be a crime?

    Well, obviously because of the details you're deliberately leaving out. Say if the box were full of cocaine. Or, in the case of the real estate transaction, if he knows that the money is dirty and does the transaction to deliberately help conceal its origins, that would also be a crime.

    It's not clear from this transaction that that happened here. It's just suspicious.

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I don't think you understand what laundering is if you think buying something expensive constitutes laundering. The money didn't become clean by going to Trump.
    I'm inclined to ask you what you think money laundering does look like, but to save a bit of time, here:

    http://www.gfintegrity.org/issue/money-laundering/

    See, it's (obviously) not that buying something expensive constitutes money laundering. But buying something expensive, especially passing that property through a shell company, that can be an essential component of money laundering. All of these elements are present in the property sale we're talking about.

    This may not be money laundering. And even if it is, Trump may have enough deniability to get away with it. But it's suspicious, especially given some of Trump's history.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  5. #80
    Over 5000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    5,783
    Thanks
    1,227
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    954255
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    fool asks;

    how exactly do you tell them No?
    Rex replies

    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    It's literally a word that toddlers learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    OK do toddlers learn how to say "Fair Housing Act"?
    Toddlers learn to say "no".

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    How do the toddlers you know get around that?
    Exactly what would you say is the national origin of a numbered LLC?

    C'mon fool. Being at least marginally savvy about money laundering isn't discrimination on the basis of national origin. You know better than that.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us