Thanks
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,098 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Totally agree!

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the primary promoters of FE know darn well it's not true, but like to deceive gullible people and see how far they can go with that.
    So.... it must have been flat earther's that posted the really purdy fake CGI just to make nasa look bad?

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    So.... it must have been flat earther's that posted the really purdy fake CGI just to make nasa look bad?
    No, it is the flat earthers that assert such foolishness without any proof at all.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 15th, 2018),Sherman (February 27th, 2018)

Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    I am amazed at the sheer amount of history and science that flat earths must ignore or declare false to have any chance at supporting their theory. It is equally amazing how they are not bothered by that. Once you start to declare parts of history as faked, how an you possibly determine if ANY history is accurate or not?
    Good point , so who really has to deny history to keep the 24,000 mile ball?

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2...not-exist.html

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point , so who really has to deny history to keep the 24,000 mile ball?
    Flat Earthers. The Ancient Greeks knew the Earth is a globe.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 15th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, it is the flat earthers that assert such foolishness without any proof at all.
    Eye witness testimony doesn't count?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eye witness testimony doesn't count?
    Interestingly, eyewitness testimony is among the weakest testimony there is. It is all based on point of view, on where the observer is standing. What you see here in the Northern hemisphere is different fro what somebody sees in the Southern hemisphere. Have you ever been to the Southern hemisphere? If not, how can you say that what you have observed is the only correct view?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 15th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Flat Earthers. The Ancient Greeks knew the Earth is a globe.
    The ancient Greeks philosophized about many things.

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interestingly, eyewitness testimony is among the weakest testimony there is. It is all based on point of view, on where the observer is standing. What you see here in the Northern hemisphere is different fro what somebody sees in the Southern hemisphere. Have you ever been to the Southern hemisphere? If not, how can you say that what you have observed is the only correct view?
    You might try actually reading the link.

Till then you're not lookin' too bright.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Bingo! Conspiracy theories are the fodder of the gullible. I also believe this theory was promoted to discredit Christians. It's very much like that 'Uganda Knuckles' meme character out there. It was created and pushed by trolls.
    There should be no doubt that the flat earth online topic explosion is a psyop. Obama mentioned either flat earth or flat earth society in at least three different speeches that I have seen and those are pretty much marching orders. The number one target was and is the truther community, knowing that such a target would include a rather large chunk of online Christianity, and that targeting was done by way of what is known as astro-turfing, (using trolls as you say), and we can all see around here how successful that targeting has been. The entire online truther community has been overrun by the flat earth meme, and was literally blindsided because it came in like a flood, seemingly out of nowhere. There is no doubt it was planned and executed on a rather large scale right from the start, (Clif High at HalfPastHuman, the bot watcher, said in one interview I heard, that his intelligence points to the DOD, ("E Ring", disinfo hub)). But see, now I have introduced my own little quasi-conspiracy theory just by what I have said. However it had to come from somewhere: a couple thousand people did not just all wake up one day, which happened to be right around the same day, (give or take a week or two), and all decide to start posting flat earth videos on YouTube.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might try actually reading the link.

Till then you're not lookin' too bright.
    I looked at that link, there is nothing in it that hasn't been examined and proven wrong on any number of sites. The eyewitness accounts lack the sophistication to understand what they are observing. They lack the funding and drive to actually do the science required to prove their point. They say "My eyes tell me that the Earth is flat therefore the earth is flat." when simple circular geometry would show them that their eyes are incapable of perceiving the curvature of the Earth when standing on the surface.

The claim that perspective accounts for the suns movement yet they completely ignore all the evidence showing that that the sun is ALWAYS the same size. They could do this experiment themselves with a welding helmet yet they don't.

They claim that density accurately describes gravity yet cannot explain why a 1 foot piece of steel and a 2 foot piece of steel that have identical densities have different weights.

The ignore that start traces from the north pole and the south pole show similar rotation patterns. In a flat earth model it is not possible to stars rotate around a point from the southern hemisphere.

The list goes on and on. It is interesting to note that you have not made the slightest attempt to address the information in the opening post. One must wonder why.

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    There should be no doubt that the flat earth online topic explosion is a psyop. Obama mentioned either flat earth or flat earth society in at least three different speeches that I have seen and those are pretty much marching orders. The number one target was and is the truther community, knowing that such a target would include a rather large chunk of online Christianity, and that targeting was done by way of what is known as astro-turfing, (using trolls as you say), and we can all see around here how successful that targeting has been. The entire online truther community has been overrun by the flat earth meme, and was literally blindsided because it came in like a flood, seemingly out of nowhere. There is no doubt it was planned and executed on a rather large scale right from the start, (Clif High at HalfPastHuman, the bot watcher, said in one interview I heard, that his intelligence points to the DOD, ("E Ring", disinfo hub)). But see, now I have introduced my own little quasi-conspiracy theory just by what I have said. However it had to come from somewhere: a couple thousand people did not just all wake up one day, which happened to be right around the same day, and all decide to start posting flat earth videos on YouTube.
    Guess I shoulda been wearin' my tinfoil hat the mornin' I first thought about the earth not spinning.

I didn't first get interested in the subject watching you tube.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I shoulda been wearin' my tinfoil hat the mornin' I first thought about the earth not spinning.

I didn't first get interested in the subject watching you tube.
    Lets say you are riding in a train traveling at 60mph. You jump up. Where do you land? In the same spot from which you jumped or further back in the train car?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 15th, 2018),WizardofOz (February 27th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,508 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post

[/COLOR]
    I'm becoming more and more convinced that the primary promoters of FE know darn well it's not true, but like to deceive gullible people and see how far they can go with that.
    I am naive about science but who can be that gullible to believe NASA is part of conspiracy?

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I looked at that link, there is nothing in it that hasn't been examined and proven wrong on any number of sites. The eyewitness accounts lack the sophistication to understand what they are observing. They lack the funding and drive to actually do the science required to prove their point. They say "My eyes tell me that the Earth is flat therefore the earth is flat." when simple circular geometry would show them that their eyes are incapable of perceiving the curvature of the Earth when standing on the surface.

The claim that perspective accounts for the suns movement yet they completely ignore all the evidence showing that that the sun is ALWAYS the same size. They could do this experiment themselves with a welding helmet yet they don't.

They claim that density accurately describes gravity yet cannot explain why a 1 foot piece of steel and a 2 foot piece of steel that have identical densities have different weights.

The ignore that start traces from the north pole and the south pole show similar rotation patterns. In a flat earth model it is not possible to stars rotate around a point from the southern hemisphere.

The list goes on and on. It is interesting to note that you have not made the slightest attempt to address the information in the opening post. One must wonder why.
    One would think that you being a cabinet maker would understand water seeks it's own level.
    You still haven't addressed the info in the link.
    One must wonder why.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,070 Times in 10,280 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

The ancient Greeks philosophized about many things.
    Determining that the earth is a globe is not based on philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 15th, 2018),Tambora (March 1st, 2018),User Name (February 27th, 2018)

Thread Information