User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
Results 181 to 195 of 195

Thread: Flat earth proven false

  1. #181
    TOL Subscriber patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,159
    Thanks
    17,741
    Thanked 16,459 Times in 12,929 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147856


    Deception Station is #7 down the left on the left hand side. Can anybody prove this wrong yet?
    These are links to my threads that are closed - click to view these great threads

    Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament


    Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

  2. #182
    Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,474
    Thanks
    773
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 1,090 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    723020
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Then the burden of proof is on you to prove such.
    Nope.
    Burden of proof lies with the OP and those who believe it.

    And my question was in response to your post. Could you please answer the question:

    Do you reject a Buddhist's claim that 1+1=3 based on his philosophy? Or because 1+1 does not equal three?
    I know nothing of Buddhism.

  3. #183
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    5,317
    Thanks
    16,437
    Thanked 4,682 Times in 2,990 Posts

    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147575
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Nope.
    Burden of proof lies with the OP and those who believe it.
    NOPE.

    "It is a general rule that the party who alleges the affirmative of any proposition shall prove it."
    -https://www.lectlaw.com/def2/o038.htm

    You are asserting that the earth is flat, that the images/video provided above are fake, etc. Therefore, the burden of proof is on you to prove it.

    I know nothing of Buddhism.
    NOT THE POINT. Do you reject that a Buddhist's claim that 1+1=3 is wrong based on the fact that he's a Buddhist, or because 1+1 does not equal 3?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (April 20th, 2018)

  5. #184
    Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,474
    Thanks
    773
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 1,090 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    723020
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    NOPE.

    "It is a general rule that the party who alleges the affirmative of any proposition shall prove it."
    -https://www.lectlaw.com/def2/o038.htm

    You are asserting that the earth is flat, that the images/video provided above are fake, etc. Therefore, the burden of proof is on you to prove it.
    The image was computer generated.

    Reality proves it.


    NOT THE POINT. Do you reject that a Buddhist's claim that 1+1=3 is wrong based on the fact that he's a Buddhist, or because 1+1 does not equal 3?
    If you have a point, by all means get on with it.

  6. #185
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    5,317
    Thanks
    16,437
    Thanked 4,682 Times in 2,990 Posts

    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147575
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    The image was computer generated.
    Repeated assertion does not make the assertion true. Another logical fallacy, "proof by (repeated) assertion."

    Reality proves it.
    "Reality" has nothing to do with the onus being on you to prove that the images/video are CGI, which you still have yet to do.

    If you have a point, by all means get on with it.
    So you are unable to answer a question unless there's a point to it?

    Just answer the question and we can move on.

  7. #186
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    457
    Thanked 401 Times in 284 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    190637
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Burden of proof lies with the OP and those who believe it.
    The proof is in the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)


    .•.•*) .•*)
    (.• (.• .• .•`•.•:**:•..•:**:•..•:**:•..•...

  8. #187
    Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,474
    Thanks
    773
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 1,090 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    723020
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Repeated assertion does not make the assertion true. Another logical fallacy, "proof by (repeated) assertion."



    "Reality" has nothing to do with the onus being on you to prove that the images/video are CGI, which you still have yet to do.



    So you are unable to answer a question unless there's a point to it?

    Just answer the question and we can move on.
    If you can't see something as simple as the image being CGI, you and I have nowhere to move on to.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1Mind1Spirit For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 16th, 2018)

  10. #188
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 152 Times in 123 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Nope, all one has to do is fall back on the unknown properties of refraction.
    Yes, your appeal to magic while denying fairly basic science is just what the conspiracy theory calls for in this case.

    Keep up the good work.

    Stuart

  11. #189
    Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,474
    Thanks
    773
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 1,090 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    723020
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    Yes, your appeal to magic while denying fairly basic science is just what the conspiracy theory calls for in this case.

    Keep up the good work.

    Stuart
    The irony.

  12. #190
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 152 Times in 123 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    The irony.
    I know.

    Stuart

  13. #191
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    457
    Thanked 401 Times in 284 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    190637
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    The irony.
    The utter stupidity.

  14. #192
    TOL Subscriber patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,159
    Thanks
    17,741
    Thanked 16,459 Times in 12,929 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147856
    The indoctrination. The denial of reality.
    These are links to my threads that are closed - click to view these great threads

    Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament


    Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

  15. #193
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,034
    Thanks
    3,355
    Thanked 21,362 Times in 12,388 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    The indoctrination. The denial of reality.
    There is a boat load of common sense evidence pointing toward a flat plane...more than a curved surface. If anyone should be wearing tin foil hats, it's them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    1Mind1Spirit (April 19th, 2018),patrick jane (April 19th, 2018)

  17. #194
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,719
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 597 Times in 427 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    254740
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    There is a boat load of common sense evidence pointing toward a flat plane...more than a curved surface. If anyone should be wearing tin foil hats, it's them.
    Common sense is one of the most uncommon things in the universe.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 19th, 2018)

  19. #195
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    457
    Thanked 401 Times in 284 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    190637
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    There is a boat load of common sense evidence pointing toward a flat plane...more than a curved surface. If anyone should be wearing tin foil hats, it's them.
    Try reading the OP.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us