User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 216

Thread: Was Jesus a man of color .

  1. #61
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111346
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    We don't know for sure what Jesus looked like. That is what we know for sure.
    Your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

  2. #62
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.
    There is no true picture or stature of Jesus. We do not know his physical appearance.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    genuineoriginal (February 14th, 2018)

  4. #63
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,298
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    266491
    What did Jesus look like?
    Who knows? Who cares?
    What did Jesus teach? That is more interesting.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chair For Your Post:

    jamie (February 14th, 2018),popsthebuilder (February 15th, 2018)

  6. #64
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    The Bible says that Jesus was beat beyond human likeness. However, the image on the shroud does NOT show this type of beating.

    Isaiah 52:14 Just as there were many who were appalled at him -- his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being and his form marred beyond human likeness--


    That proves your shroud is not of Jesus.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    jamie (February 14th, 2018)

  8. #65
    Over 1000 post club exminister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 725 Times in 496 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    471974
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Take a peek at them on the news.
    Hey BR. Was surprised by this answer since I have looked at your as scholarly. The Jews today have heavily integrated with other tribes if you will. That is why we say Russian Jew, Polish Jew, etc. The are only traces of their heritage in the bloodline. Arabs have not integrated as much and that is more likely the skin tone and facial features if Jesus. He was not a Middle Age white king in features. He was not comely. The Nat Geo pic is certainly closer, but as others have said it is best not to know. Graven images also breaks a commandment and by extension a 2-D image IMHO. But not worthy of death as Islam decrees.
    Proverbs 17:19 Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin

  9. #66
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,666
    Thanks
    329
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 2,519 Posts

    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147734
    Quote Originally Posted by exminister View Post
    Hey BR. Was surprised by this answer since I have looked at your as scholarly. The Jews today have heavily integrated with other tribes if you will. That is why we say Russian Jew, Polish Jew, etc. The are only traces of their heritage in the bloodline. Arabs have not integrated as much and that is more likely the skin tone and facial features if Jesus. He was not a Middle Age white king in features. He was not comely. The Nat Geo pic is certainly closer, but as others have said it is best not to know. Graven images also breaks a commandment and by extension a 2-D image IMHO. But not worthy of death as Islam decrees.
    He could be somewhat darker. Olive skinned I would think due to the Arabic influence on the Semitic peoples.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  10. #67
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111346
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    There is no true picture or stature of Jesus. We do not know his physical appearance.
    again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

  11. #68
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.
    You prove you care nothing about the Truth.

    Keep promoting lies then.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  12. #69
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111346
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You prove you care nothing about the Truth.

    Keep promoting lies then.
    Once again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

  13. #70
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Once again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.
    You keep promoting that film and the shroud. Those people probably made a lot of money off of it. If it was Jesus in that shroud, it would probably show an image of a broken jaw and busted up cheek bones and a nose broken in many places, and probably large bumps on his forehead, all that at least. So did that shroud image show any of that? No.

    Be glad that there is no image of Jesus. Images already keep people from the truth as they look out across the room at a picture instead of feeling him inside your heart.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (February 15th, 2018)

  15. #71
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111346
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You keep promoting that film and the shroud. Those people probably made a lot of money off of it.
    That was not the motivation but then you do not know that because you are ignorant of what was in the documentary.
    If it was Jesus in that shroud, it would probably show an image of a broken jaw and busted up cheek bones and a nose broken in many places, and probably large bumps on his forehead, all that at least. So did that shroud image show any of that? No.
    No because you are ignorant of the scriptures too:

    Psalm 34:20
    he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.

    John 19:36
    These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"


    Be glad that there is no image of Jesus. Images already keep people from the truth as they look out across the room at a picture instead of feeling him inside your heart.
    Jesus' supernatural resurrection was a real event. Christianity is not just some 'warm fuzzy feeling' but again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

  16. #72
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    That was not the motivation but then you do not know that because you are ignorant of what was in the documentary.No because you are ignorant of the scriptures too:
    You don't know all those men's motivation, and you do not have any right to say I am ignorant of the scriptures.
    Your demand for an image brought on this fight.

    That shroud has made a lot of money for those men.

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post

    Psalm 34:20
    he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.

    John 19:36
    These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken,"
    Those are excellent points but to my defense, the no bone broken was my concentration of the legs of Jesus when he was crucified.

    However, you deliberately didn't touch the scripture about his FORM being marred.

    Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

    This you cannot get around.

    His FORM was marred more than the sons of men; YET, YOUR picture on the SHROUD does NOT show ANY such thing.

    mar
    mär/Submit
    verb
    past tense: marred; past participle: marred
    impair the appearance of; disfigure.


    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post

    Jesus' supernatural resurrection was a real event. Christianity is not just some 'warm fuzzy feeling' but again your statement comes from ignorance because you have ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film and the scriptures and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.
    You prove to be a false judge. You are promoting an image, and an image which goes against the scriptures in that it is absent of any form disfigured.

    You put down and mock the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling".

    God lives in our heart by the Holy Spirit.

    God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH JESUS. See Titus 3:6. whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

    God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. See Romans 5:5.

    GOD's LOVE HAS BEEN POURED OUT INTO OUR HEARTS.

    Do you really want to mock the Holy Spirit and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling"?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  17. #73
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Exodus 20: 4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

    Do you really think no one would bow to an image of Jesus?

    Isaiah 44:9 All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.

    1 John 5:21 Dear children, keep yourself from idols.

    1 Thessalonians 1:9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  18. #74
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111346
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You don't know all those men's motivation, and you do not have any right to say I am ignorant of the scriptures.
    Your demand for an image brought on this fight.

    That shroud has made a lot of money for those men.
    Pure speculation, where is your evidence. Oh yeah that's right you don't need evidence, just your feelings.


    Those are excellent points but to my defense, the no bone broken was my concentration of the legs of Jesus when he was crucified.
    That's shows your ability to not only ignore scripture but twist it when it doesn't fit your feelings.

    However, you deliberately didn't touch the scripture about his FORM being marred.

    Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
    Not at all
    This you cannot get around.

    His FORM was marred more than the sons of men; YET, YOUR picture on the SHROUD does NOT show ANY such thing.

    mar
    mär/Submit
    verb
    past tense: marred; past participle: marred
    impair the appearance of; disfigure.
    If you had of watched the video it shows just how incredibly marred the image shows Jesus was but again you don't need evidence because you have your imagination.


    You prove to be a false judge. You are promoting an image, and an image which goes against the scriptures in that it is absent of any form disfigured.
    Only in your imagination.

    You put down and mock the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling".
    False accusations are the devils work. Are you aware you are doing Satan's work. No, as far as I can see.

    God lives in our heart by the Holy Spirit.

    God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH JESUS. See Titus 3:6. whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

    God pours out the Holy Spirit THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. See Romans 5:5.

    GOD's LOVE HAS BEEN POURED OUT INTO OUR HEARTS.

    Do you really want to mock the Holy Spirit and call it a "warm fuzzy feeling"?
    Nothing there to do with the OP or what Jesus looked like. You are easily distracted like a child and just as ignorant. I can say you are ignorant because I have not ignored the evidence in the film which you have and therefore can make this considered judgement of you.

  19. #75
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111346
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Exodus 20: 4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
    Again you show you ignorance of scripture. The image on the shroud was made by God not man. He is sovereign and can do what He wants.

    Do you really think no one would bow to an image of Jesus?
    It's not there to be worshipped. It is a witness.

    Isaiah 44:9 All who make idols are nothing, and the things they treasure are worthless. Those who would speak up for them are blind; they are ignorant, to their own shame.

    1 John 5:21 Dear children, keep yourself from idols.

    1 Thessalonians 1:9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.
    Yep you are ignorant of scripture.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us