User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 216

Thread: Was Jesus a man of color .

  1. #16
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,956
    Thanks
    13,817
    Thanked 36,081 Times in 18,084 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147796
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Does Benjamin Netanyahu look middle eastern?
    Not in the classical sense. Is that a problem for you?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 9th, 2018)

  3. #17
    Veteran Bee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Does Benjamin Netanyahu look middle eastern?
    Middle Eastern...classical large hook nose , bearded , black hair , black eyes , average build and height , ranging in color from tan to almost black . Clean freaks , strong devotion to self held beliefs and family . Jesus could be describe as such .

    Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

  4. #18
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1 View Post
    Middle Eastern...classical large hook nose , bearded , black hair , black eyes , average build and height , ranging in color from tan to almost black . Clean freaks , strong devotion to self held beliefs and family . Jesus could be describe as such .

    Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    It sounds like you want to make Jesus possibly as dark as possible. I get it that you might be of darker skin color and that is why you are pushing this so hard; or someone you love might be of darker skin color, such as grandchildren. Whatever the case, we know that Jesus wasn't almost black, as you are saying. Don't be so desperate about this.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  5. #19
    Veteran Bee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    It sounds like you want to make Jesus possibly as dark as possible. I get it that you might be of darker skin color and that is why you are pushing this so hard; or someone you love might be of darker skin color, such as grandchildren. Whatever the case, we know that Jesus wasn't almost black, as you are saying. Don't be so desperate about this.
    I am not pushing for Jesus to be black , everyone know that was not Black ! All I saying was Jesus was not White.

    Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bee1 For Your Post:

    Rusha (February 11th, 2018)

  7. #20
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1 View Post
    I am not pushing for Jesus to be black , everyone know that was not Black ! All I saying was Jesus was not White.

    Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    You said 'almost black'.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  8. #21
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Of course he wasn't white, so He was a man of color. Are you asking if He was a black man on earth? I doubt it.
    You shouldn't say a man of color.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You shouldn't say a man of color.
    I don't think it's a sin but I was repeating the words she used. It's an old term and it's better than colored man. Nothin' better to do?

  10. #23
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I don't think it's a sin but I was repeating the words she used. It's an old term and it's better than colored man. Nothin' better to do?
    It is a separatists word to say a person of color.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  11. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    It is a separatists word to say a person of color.
    Not my generation so I never used those terms.

  12. #25
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183968
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1 View Post
    Are Jews consider "white" .

    Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Only conservative ones, like Ben Shapiro. Because, anything opposed to the left is "white, racist, Nazi, bigoted, sexist, adjective adjectives."


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 9th, 2018)

  14. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,884
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,508 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    I see Jesus depicted as white man all the time.

  15. #27
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183968
    Also, does "man of color" denote anyone "not white?" Isn't that kind of racial? Aren't we all some "color?"

    Jesus was a Jew from Galilee. As someone already stated. That is all we really need to know about nationality.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    God's Truth (February 10th, 2018),patrick jane (February 9th, 2018)

  17. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,884
    Thanks
    3,904
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,508 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108 View Post
    Also, does "man of color" denote anyone "not white?" Isn't that kind of racial? Aren't we all some "color?"

    Jesus was a Jew from Galilee. As someone already stated. That is all we really need to know about nationality.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    yes, only cocasions (sp) are considered white and all other colors are colored.

  18. #29
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Not my generation so I never used those terms.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. You say 'nothing better to do', and you say 'not my generation'. I only stated my beliefs that the words 'people of color' are words of separatists.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  19. #30
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,302
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 750 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    266492
    Who cares what "color" or race" he was?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us