Thanks
    Thanked 19,460 Times in 11,263 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    If I were in the situation in the OP, I would do my job, but immediately start looking for another job. Once I had one lined up, I would give my two weeks notice, and then quit of my own accord.
    Lots of permutations to consider there...let's say the person in question is licensed for this particular field. When he/she went into it, racking up not a small debt to do so (wise, unwise, it's done now), situations like this were unthinkable. So it's not like he/she is a machinist who can look around and find another machine shop to work at. The attitude we're talking about here is pervasive throughout this particular industry, or is fast becoming so. In short, through no fault of their own there's no way to get away from it within the profession this person is locked into. But they can't afford to just chuck it and walk away -- though what a lovely idea THAT would be! Rock and a hard place. They can't afford to quit...but they can be fired for believing as they do, which leaves them in the same spot: publicly disgraced (as a "bigot" and "hater") and broke, and every life-destroying thing those entail.

In the mean-time, I would not fellowship with the person (if they were to try to sit with me at the lunch table, or try to initiate small talk around the water fountain/bubbler/coffee machine, I would simply ignore them, not say anything at all). The only thing I would do to interact with them is (on personal time or anytime not on company property) to witness to them, and try to show them the way to Christ. If they insist on me leaving them alone, then I will, and not speak to them again except for work purposes.
    That last part is already the case. Believe it -- there are people such as the one in question who are looking to be offended by being offensive and only the unwise don't realize it.

Saw it just today...this is no joke...a similar person, an open homosexual, wearing a t-shirt with a big upside down cross on it. A professing believer mentioned to the person that the shirt was offensive to their faith. The offender said "Free speech." This is the same type of person who has claimed emotional damage at JUST seeing people wear crosses around their necks or Bibles sitting unopened on their desks, and had management impose their will because it's easier for management to do the PC thing even if they know it's BS.

It's quickly getting to the point where there will be no way to get away from it because they don't WANT you to get away from it. They do not believe in live and let live. That was a lie. The end goal is you bowing before their will or they'll destroy you if you don't.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 12th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (February 12th, 2018),JudgeRightly (February 12th, 2018),Tambora (February 12th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,577 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I would call them whatever they wanted to be called, as long as they looked enough like that gender. If a man had a big beard and wanted to be called a woman, I doubt I could manage to refer to him as a woman.
    You could refer to such a "person" as, "FUZZY", because, they not only have a beard but, their reasoning is a bit 'fuzzy', as well. Case closed.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 12th, 2018),JudgeRightly (February 12th, 2018),Tambora (February 12th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 36,690 Times in 18,300 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John the Baptist lost his head.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (February 12th, 2018),Tambora (February 12th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Lots of permutations to consider there...let's say the person in question is licensed for this particular field. When he/she went into it, racking up not a small debt to do so (wise, unwise, it's done now), situations like this were unthinkable. So it's not like he/she is a machinist who can look around and find another machine shop to work at. The attitude we're talking about here is pervasive throughout this particular industry, or is fast becoming so. In short, through no fault of their own there's no way to get away from it within the profession this person is locked into. But they can't afford to just chuck it and walk away -- though what a lovely idea THAT would be! Rock and a hard place. They can't afford to quit...but they can be fired for believing as they do, which leaves them in the same spot: publicly disgraced (as a "bigot" and "hater") and broke, and every life-destroying thing those entail.
    This just doesn't pass muster.

I've blown up my career twice now. It isn't life-destroying. It can seem that way before it happens. Afterwards, I wandered how/why I let myself sit in that pile of crap for as long as I did.

Is this a real thing or some silly hypothetical? If it's real, get out of dodge. Plan your exit, and do it the right way if possible. If they ask you why you're leaving, let them know you don't wish to work with someone who is using the workplace for activism.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wick Stick For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (February 13th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,460 Times in 11,263 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wick Stick View Post
    This just doesn't pass muster.

I've blown up my career twice now. It isn't life-destroying. It can seem that way before it happens. Afterwards, I wandered how/why I let myself sit in that pile of crap for as long as I did.

Is this a real thing or some silly hypothetical? If it's real, get out of dodge. Plan your exit, and do it the right way if possible. If they ask you why you're leaving, let them know you don't wish to work with someone who is using the workplace for activism.
    What careers did you have that were piece of cake to up and walk away from?
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    What careers did you have that were piece of cake to up and walk away from?
    I'm an accountant. I blew up my gig as a staff accountant for a major corporation the first time, and as general manager of a mid-sized write-up practice once.

I didn't say it was a piece of cake. But, career does not equal life (unless you make it that way, I guess).

Thread Information