User Tag List

Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1266

Thread: Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

  1. #61
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,053
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    372011
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    And I would imagine that gravity also accounts for the gyroscope artificial horizon phenomenon that flat-earthers also like to bring up. You would most likely know much more about it than myself, but it seems that the pull of gravity would keep the gyroscope perpendicular to the surface of the earth while an airplane is in flight, (I only bring it up because I saw it brought up in several other threads already and I do think that the answer to that particular objection of the flat-earthers pertains to the effects of gravity on the gyroscope or artificial horizon).
    You're right. "Down" is a local phenomenon; it's just the direction of the center of the mass of the Earth. I haven't given it any thought before, but I suspect that a really sensitive gyroscope detects the gradual change in force. I wonder if those compasses are programmed to compensate for it.

    The most devastating hit on a "flat Earth" belief is the Foucault pendulum. I've yet to see any flat-Earther come up with an even remotely plausible story to account for it.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    daqq (February 7th, 2018)

  3. #62
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    And I would imagine that gravity also accounts for the gyroscope artificial horizon phenomenon that flat-earthers also like to bring up. You would most likely know much more about it than myself, but it seems that the pull of gravity would keep the gyroscope perpendicular to the surface of the earth while an airplane is in flight, (I only bring it up because I saw it brought up in several other threads already and I do think that the answer to that particular objection of the flat-earthers pertains to the effects of gravity on the gyroscope or artificial horizon).
    It's amazing how many things science explains with gravity and other magical "forces". Such a strong force and yet so weak. I think I read that Newton wrote either 300 or 500 pages to explain it. You globers can explain anything with gravity, math and science. Don't worship the Fake Creation more than the Creator. Maybe it's a strong delusion.

  4. #63
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I decided to start a new thread for discussion of a Biblical, enclosed flat earth, sky and firmament for anyone interested. Personally, I will probably post more videos and pictures than scripture. I will avoid taking scripture out of context and I will not post much scientific data for FE and probably none for a spinning flying ball. I'm doing this to stop posting religious posts in DFT Dave's thread and to leave flat earth just another popular conspiracy in my Conspiracy Thread.


    I think this is a great video for starting out the thread and I like this youtube channel and speaker.


    I would prefer no scientific data for a globe but I realize I can't control that. Biblical evidence for a spherical moving earth is certainly welcome.


    'The Gift of Looking Stupid' - Flat Earth & the Mark of the Beast...



    https://youtu.be/fRgiPBxaMFs - Click on link for full screen. Sometimes clicking on the video cuts off half the screen.


    13 minutes

    Just a friendly reminder to try keeping the majority of the science in the already created Flat Earth Thread by DFT Dave. I messed up fairly quickly but I'm trying to avoid as per the OP above. You can also post any scientific data in my Conspiracy Thread anytime.

  5. #64
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368238
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    It's amazing how many things science explains with gravity. Such a strong force and yet so weak. I think I read that Newton wrote either 300 or 500 pages to explain it. You globers can explain anything with gravity, math and science. Don't worship the Fake Creation more than the Creator. Maybe it's a strong delusion.
    Try this Patrick: jump, and see what happens, but do not do it standing at the edge of a cliff.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 7th, 2018)

  7. #65
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    Try this Patrick: jump, and see what happens, but do not do it standing at the edge of a cliff.
    Or the edge of the earth.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    daqq (February 7th, 2018)

  9. #66
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368238
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You're right. "Down" is a local phenomenon; it's just the direction of the center of the mass of the Earth. I haven't given it any thought before, but I suspect that a really sensitive gyroscope detects the gradual change in force. I wonder if those compasses are programmed to compensate for it.

    The most devastating hit on a "flat Earth" belief is the Foucault pendulum. I've yet to see any flat-Earther come up with an even remotely plausible story to account for it.
    Thanks, it seems logical to me, also when I read what you wrote previously, (which I quoted and responded to), I immediately knew that what you said was logically correct just by how you said it so clearly.

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Or the edge of the earth.
    But don't the flat-earthers say there is a two hundred mile high wall of ice around the edge of the flat earth? How will you assail the antarctic fortress wall so as to jump off the edge of the earth? Moreover I was only speaking of a mini-science project you can perform right where you are: you might not be able to see gravity but you can surely see the effects of gravity, and we all know gravity is real, no matter what name you might want to give it or how magically you might wish to describe it. As Van Halen once said, paraphrased, (I think), "Jump! Go ahead and jump...", wait, how tall are you? and how high are the ceilings in your house? Maybe not.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 7th, 2018)

  11. #67
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    I wish the book of Enoch was in the agreed upon canon, then I could trust it. As it is, you are avoiding the main part of the verse that plainly says God created two great lights.

    [QUOTE=daqq;5187760]It is not speaking of the physical creation but the new creation man in Messiah, (fulfilled at Golgotha). Even the ancients did not believe Gen1 spoke of the physical creation: and this is shown in the Book of Enoch, in the section called the Book of the Luminaries, wherein it is stated more than once that Uriel presides over the sun, the moon, and all the stars, that is, not a "greater light" and a "lesser light" but one over them all who rules both the night and the day when it comes to the heavenly bodies or luminaries, and that one was Uriel. Whether one believes the Book of Enoch. . .

    Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

  12. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I wish the book of Enoch was in the agreed upon canon, then I could trust it. As it is, you are avoiding the main part of the verse that plainly says God created two great lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    It is not speaking of the physical creation but the new creation man in Messiah, (fulfilled at Golgotha). Even the ancients did not believe Gen1 spoke of the physical creation: and this is shown in the Book of Enoch, in the section called the Book of the Luminaries, wherein it is stated more than once that Uriel presides over the sun, the moon, and all the stars, that is, not a "greater light" and a "lesser light" but one over them all who rules both the night and the day when it comes to the heavenly bodies or luminaries, and that one was Uriel. Whether one believes the Book of Enoch. . .
    Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk



    Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

  13. #69
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368238
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I wish the book of Enoch was in the agreed upon canon, then I could trust it. As it is, you are avoiding the main part of the verse that plainly says God created two great lights.

    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    It is not speaking of the physical creation but the new creation man in Messiah, (fulfilled at Golgotha). Even the ancients did not believe Gen1 spoke of the physical creation: and this is shown in the Book of Enoch, in the section called the Book of the Luminaries, wherein it is stated more than once that Uriel presides over the sun, the moon, and all the stars, that is, not a "greater light" and a "lesser light" but one over them all who rules both the night and the day when it comes to the heavenly bodies or luminaries, and that one was Uriel. Whether one believes the Book of Enoch. . .
    Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    When you say the sun and moon are in the fourth day of creation you are yourself automatically adding to the scripture: so how does Enoch matter either way when you are already adding to what the scripture says? This was also already brought up in the other thread where Tambora posted a video that had the same additions to the scripture right on the front display page of the video. Just because that is what all physical-literalists assume does not mean it is true or that it is okay to add your paradigm-mindset into the scripture. Moses wrote about the sun and moon but those two words are nowhere to be found in the first chapter of Genesis. Do you think that is just an unfortunate coincidence for YEC's? "Doggonit! Why couldn't Moses just spell it out plainly for us and write sun and moon!?!?" Try this: perhaps it is because the literal physical sun and moon are not what the fourth day of Gen1:14-19 is talking about. All things were created in Arche: do you know who Arche is? This is a name Messiah claims for himself and this name is found in both Gen1:1 as well as Joh1:1, and in both cases it is anarthrous in the Greek, (no article meaning that you can indeed read it as a name, as well is the Hebrew of Gen1:1, "In Reshiyth/Roshiyth, the Head, Ruler, First, Arche). These things are actually critical to doctrine though most unfortunately think that the choices they make in this subject matter are inconsequential: nothing could be further from the truth if indeed one desires to understand.

  14. #70
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368238
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Lol, I watched all four parts of this presentation: the guy annihilates flat-earthism.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

    User Name (February 7th, 2018)

  16. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Debunked here. @daqq

    Eric Dubay: Flat Earth Metabunk DEBUNKED!

    https://youtu.be/9JZ2ZZeyQ9c - Click on link to get full screen view. Sometimes if you click on the video it cuts off half the screen.

    This is for the serious debunkers only - "You don't want that debunk, it's not sexy"

  17. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Bible Proof of the Flat Earth Truth

    From the video description: Christians around the world don't believe the lies of evolution so why believe in the theory that gave us evolution? The flat earth truth is that we were created in a special enclosed world just for us. There are not billions of suns, billions of planets & billions of years! The Sun, Moon and Stars are not what you have been told. If you think you can trust NASA, Monkey Man Science or the Military think again! Satan is the god of this world and he has blinded the eyes of those that can't see. The universe with the big bang out of nothing creating stars that we eventually evolved from has been the biggest lie. Research the origins, test the so called proof they have from fake space flights to the cave man discoveries. If you want to believe the opposites to the bible go right ahead but remember that when you study the bible right from the very beginning you'll see that the theories of man have twisted and lied about all of God's creation. What can you trust if you take Satan's lies over God's truth?


    https://youtu.be/cApXPTrOf7A - Only 15 minutes - Click on this link for full screen view - Sometimes if you click on the picture of the video it cuts off half the screen. Not a problem on your phone.



  18. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,575 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    TIMELAPSE OF THE SUN PROVES FLAT EARTH - HD perspective matrix


    From the video description: This is an upgraded version of the original with added timelapse footage. The old, low resolution footage has been replaced with high resolution HD footage. Watch how the sun comes at you when it's rising and goes away from you when it's setting. See how the sun's light at sunset shrinks and trails after it - not at all what we would expect to see if the sun is 93,000,000 miles away.

    I am posting this video in Dave's thread and my two threads because this is good evidence - debunk it if you can.
    https://youtu.be/GDaiw-G1VGE
    - Only 20 minutes to prove the flat earth, Click on link for full screen view - Sometimes if you click the video the screen gets cut in half. This won't happen on your phone.



  19. #74
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183968
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    A few things: 2 Samuel 11:11 says nothing about a "flat earth."

    The logic of these points proves itself false. Hills, mountains, valleys, even rivers prove that not all paths are "straight." Also, not all rivers are "straight."

  20. #75
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183968
    Allow me to go ahead and declare that I believe in a spherical earth, as evidenced by, well, evidence.

    Yet, for the record, here are two points:
    1.) I do not think it matters if the earth is flat or spherical. Neither one affects the Scripture. (I am open to hearing how such evidence does affect it, though)
    2.) I think that the reason anyone would reject spherical earth evidence, in favor of flat earth theory, is to remain logically consistent in their stance. Meaning, that these people reject evidence for a spherical earth, as well as, evidence for other phenomenon which would disprove their personal beliefs, doctrines, or stances. Therefore, these individuals reject all "science," and logic that applies to it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us