User Tag List

Page 1 of 85 12341151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1266

Thread: Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0

    Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

    EDIT: First of all, Flat Earth Cosmology us not a doctrine nor a faith and has NOTHING to do with salvation. I have seen the testimonies of unbelievers who became believers from studying flat earth.

    There are risks of getting carried away into conspiracy theories but I have seen no negative results fro thinking a flat earth is possible.

    I should have thought more before starting this thread but it is what it is. In this thread I want it to be about canonized scripture. Anything in the 66 books with interpretations or testimonies.

    I would like to focus on what the scriptures say about the Biblical, enclosed flat earth and firmament. How do we interpret them from what was known at the times they were written.
    I'm only saying an enclosed flat earth and firmament IS POSSIBLE. Nothing more.


    I decided to start a new thread for discussion of a Biblical, enclosed flat earth, sky and firmament for anyone interested.

    NOTE: I will probably try to put this post at the top of every page because the map of the bases is so convincing to me. It just came out, or I just found it a week ago. You can click on the image to ENLARGE IT.


    One Base is actually called - DECEPTION STATION !!! # 7 on the list at the left -

    This is amazing to me and it's the best map and/or depiction of flat earth I've seen since starting flat earth research 3 months ago. The image shows exactly where all of the bases are around the fake continent of Antarctica.

    We can see that they form a CIRCLE AROUND what we call earth. We are surrounded by an ice wall and frozen land beyond the wall all the way around. There could be hundreds or thousands of miles of frozen land beyond the "Antarctic Circle".

    I can't get over this map showing all the bases and their exact locations. It seems that there really is an ice wall surrounding us. Please try to find a way to enlarge this image so you can read the numbers and names of bases with locations.

    It even shows the Angels at the Four Corners of the earth. The image below the map is a possible depiction, although a crude rendering, of flat earth surrounded by frozen land for hundreds or thousands of miles. We can't get to the edge because of the temperatures mainly, and fuel capacity, landing and refueling sites do not exist, weather conditions, communications and distance. CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE




    Matthew 24:27-42 KJV -

    For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

    28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

    29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

    30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

    31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

    32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

    33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

    34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

    35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

    36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

    37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

    38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

    39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

    40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

    41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

    42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

    Job 37 - KJV -
    At this also my heart trembleth, and is moved out of his place.

    2 Hear attentively the noise of his voice, and the sound that goeth out of his mouth.

    3 He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.


    4 After it a voice roareth: he thundereth with the voice of his excellency; and he will not stay them when his voice is heard.

    5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

    6 For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.

    7 He sealeth up the hand of every man; that all men may know his work.

    8 Then the beasts go into dens, and remain in their places.

    9 Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.

    10 By the breath of God frost is given: and the breadth of the waters is straitened.

    11 Also by watering he wearieth the thick cloud: he scattereth his bright cloud:

    12 And it is turned round about by his counsels: that they may do whatsoever he commandeth them upon the face of the world in the earth.

    13 He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy.

    14 Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God.

    15 Dost thou know when God disposed them, andcaused the light of his cloud to shine?

    16 Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?

    17 How thy garments are warm, when he quieteth the earth by the south wind?

    18 Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

    19 Teach us what we shall say unto him; for we cannot order our speech by reason of darkness.

    20 Shall it be told him that I speak? if a man speak, surely he shall be swallowed up.

    21 And now men see not the bright light which is in the clouds: but the wind passeth, and cleanseth them.

    22 Fair weather cometh out of the north: with God is terrible majesty.

    23 Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.

    24 Men do therefore fear him: he respecteth not any that are wise of heart.

    Romans 1 because they hide the truth of God and worship the creature. God shews Himself in His creation and a handful of wise men who are fools decided never to let the shape and true nature of the earth and cosmos be known to the common people.


    Romans 1:16-25 KJV -
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.


    17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.


    18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;


    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.


    20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:


    21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.


    22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,


    23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.


    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:


    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.


    Last edited by patrick jane; April 30th, 2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: I only think it's POSSIBLE

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0



    Flat earth model (one possible depiction)

  3. #3
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183966
    For the record, I find anyone who promotes Flat Earth Theory interesting. I do not know where you stand personally, Patrick, but here are my questions for those who hold to Flat Earth:

    1.) How does one explain physics, as it requires curvature of the earth for correct computation?
    2.) How does one explain photos from space, from multiple country origins, depicting spherical planets, including earth?
    3.) What makes a ships topmast visually appear before the hull when breaching a horizon?
    4.) What obscures the sun/moon during certain hours?
    5.) What reason would anyone have for promoting spherical earth theory for centuries?
    7.) How does it relate in any capacity to Scripture?
    8.) Did you notice I skipped six?
    9.) Did you just go back and check to make sure?
    10.) Does flat earth vs spherical earth impact biblical events, in any significant way?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

  5. #4
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,646
    Thanks
    158,314
    Thanked 46,174 Times in 28,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148164
    Oh boy!

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

  7. #5
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,646
    Thanks
    158,314
    Thanked 46,174 Times in 28,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148164
    Scripture:


    Joshua 10:12-13 KJV
    (12) Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
    (13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed,
    until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.



    Is this possible for a spinning orbiting globe earth?
    With all the data you have on how a spinning orbiting globe earth functions, what would happen to earth if the sun and moon stood still for a day?

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    jsanford108 (February 6th, 2018)

  9. #6
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,646
    Thanks
    158,314
    Thanked 46,174 Times in 28,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148164
    At this moment it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

    - by Robert Jastrow, God and the Astonomers

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 6th, 2018),patrick jane (February 6th, 2018)

  11. #7
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,646
    Thanks
    158,314
    Thanked 46,174 Times in 28,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148164
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108 View Post

    1.) How does one explain physics, as it requires curvature of the earth for correct computation?
    Says who?


    2.) How does one explain photos from space, from multiple country origins, depicting spherical planets, including earth?
    The one's I've seen are simulated, manipulated, patched together by pieces, CGI (computer generated image), etc.
    None that I can confirm are real.


    3.) What makes a ships topmast visually appear before the hull when breaching a horizon?
    So far away that the object blends with the surrounding waters. while the topper is the highest point away from the waters and does not blend in with the waters.

    4.) What obscures the sun/moon during certain hours?
    Moves too far away to be seen.

    5.) What reason would anyone have for promoting spherical earth theory for centuries?
    The same reason evolution is pushed. ---- making an unsubstantiated guess without all the facts.

    6.) The earth is flat.
    That's a possibility.

    7.) How does it relate in any capacity to Scripture?
    What is "it", a flat earth???
    A flat earth model appears to be what scripture portrays.

    8.) Did you notice I skipped six?
    I fixed it.

    9.) Did you just go back and check to make sure?
    No.

    10.) Does flat earth vs spherical earth impact biblical events, in any significant way?
    I would say yes it does.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    GeoffW (April 19th, 2018),jsanford108 (February 6th, 2018),patrick jane (February 6th, 2018)

  13. #8
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183966
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Scripture:


    Joshua 10:12-13 KJV
    (12) Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
    (13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed,
    until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.



    Is this possible for a spinning orbiting globe earth?
    With all the data you have on how a spinning orbiting globe earth functions, what would happen to earth if the sun and moon stood still for a day?
    I would say yes, as nothing is outside of God's power.

    God could elongate a day with no negative ecological effects. One could easily apply a theory of relativity to this situation.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    Derf (February 6th, 2018),patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

  15. #9
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183966
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    At this moment it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

    - by Robert Jastrow, God and the Astonomers
    I disagree. It is only the scientists who are in denial about the evidence of divine, intelligent design who are stumped and enjoying their preference of ignorance.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

  17. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108 View Post
    For the record, I find anyone who promotes Flat Earth Theory interesting. I do not know where you stand personally, Patrick, but here are my questions for those who hold to Flat Earth:

    1.) How does one explain physics, as it requires curvature of the earth for correct computation?
    2.) How does one explain photos from space, from multiple country origins, depicting spherical planets, including earth?
    3.) What makes a ships topmast visually appear before the hull when breaching a horizon?
    4.) What obscures the sun/moon during certain hours?
    5.) What reason would anyone have for promoting spherical earth theory for centuries?
    7.) How does it relate in any capacity to Scripture?
    8.) Did you notice I skipped six?
    9.) Did you just go back and check to make sure?
    10.) Does flat earth vs spherical earth impact biblical events, in any significant way?
    Hello Js, I'm glad you see a little interest in this. There is another thread from DFT Dave for more scientific answers, videos, debate, data and pages of recent posts from yesterday that can answer some of your questions. I want this thread to be more Biblical if possible for evidence of both sides. I also have my Conspiracy thread with this topic going and lots of recent posts from The Berean, a satellite engineer and teacher of space mechanics. Have fun and thanks.

  18. #11
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183966
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Hello Js, I'm glad you see a little interest in this. There is another thread from DFT Dave for more scientific answers, videos, debate, data and pages of recent posts from yesterday that can answer some of your questions. I want this thread to be more Biblical if possible for evidence of both sides. I also have my Conspiracy thread with this topic going and lots of recent posts from The Berean, a satellite engineer and teacher of space mechanics. Have fun and thanks.
    I have seen that thread, but I find it to be full of mainly nuts. I will try and remain within the confines of what you desire for the thread.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

  20. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108 View Post
    For the record, I find anyone who promotes Flat Earth Theory interesting. I do not know where you stand personally, Patrick, but here are my questions for those who hold to Flat Earth:

    1.) How does one explain physics, as it requires curvature of the earth for correct computation?
    2.) How does one explain photos from space, from multiple country origins, depicting spherical planets, including earth?
    3.) What makes a ships topmast visually appear before the hull when breaching a horizon?
    4.) What obscures the sun/moon during certain hours?
    5.) What reason would anyone have for promoting spherical earth theory for centuries?
    7.) How does it relate in any capacity to Scripture?
    8.) Did you notice I skipped six?
    9.) Did you just go back and check to make sure?
    10.) Does flat earth vs spherical earth impact biblical events, in any significant way?
    All good questions and let's all try to stick to the OP. For the purple question, that's why it WOULD be a conspiracy. Many say the Jesuits started the deception but other socities and factions are to blame together. If there is something beyond what we know on earth as accepted facts, there are many reasons to hide that, not the least of which is military. Everybody has heard of the NWO and it's roots go back to Kabbalism and the ancient mystery religions. To control the masses has always been the aim of many governments and powerful people. Some have a goal of leading others astray and to discredit the Bible. If you can discredit the creation and Genesis then you can destroy the faith of many.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    jsanford108 (February 6th, 2018)

  22. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    SaulToPaul (February 8th, 2018)

  24. #14
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183966
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Says who?
    Basic level physics equations, laws, etc.


    The one's I've seen are simulated, manipulated, patched together by pieces, CGI (computer generated image), etc.
    None that I can confirm are real.
    Any concrete evidence of that? It seems very conspiratorial to relegate every single image to the confines of being generated for promoting a falsehood.

    And why would competing countries, such as Russia and the US in the Cold War, have agreed on such falsehood promotion?


    So far away that the object blends with the surrounding waters. while the topper is the highest point away from the waters and does not blend in with the waters.
    Any physics equations, laws, facts, etc to demonstrate this?

    Moves too far away to be seen.
    What are the visual limits to objects of such magnitude?

    The same reason evolution is pushed. ---- making an unsubstantiated guess without all the facts.
    But what purpose does it serve to have a spherical earth?

    What is "it", a flat earth???
    A flat earth model appears to be what scripture portrays.
    Yes, "it" is referring to a flat earth.

    Could you provide a list of Scriptures that points, absolutely, to the earth being flat (meaning, lacking even the possibility of the earth being round)?

    I would say yes it does.
    In what way does a spherical earth affect Scriptural events, significantly?

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

  26. #15
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked 428 Times in 334 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183966
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    All good questions and let's all try to stick to the OP. For the purple question, that's why it WOULD be a conspiracy.....

    To control the masses has always been the aim of many governments and powerful people. Some have a goal of leading others astray and to discredit the Bible. If you can discredit the creation and Genesis then you can destroy the faith of many.
    But, would it not be impossible to discredit the Creation, since biological and archaeological evidence abounds?

    Which leads to the question: How would a spherical earth benefit those in power, or those anti-theists?

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us