Thanks
    Thanked 15,911 Times in 12,492 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

EDIT: I should have thought more before starting this thread but it is what it is. In this thread I want it to be about canonized scripture. Anything in the 66 books with interpretations or testimonies. I would like to focus on what the scriptures say about the Biblical, enclosed flat earth and firmament. How do we interpret them from what was known at the times they were written.

I'm only saying an en enclosed flat earth and firmament IS POSSIBLE. Nothing more.

I decided to start a new thread for discussion of a Biblical, enclosed flat earth, sky and firmament for anyone interested. Personally, I will probably edit: NOT post more videos and pictures than scripture. I will try to avoid taking scripture out of context and I will not post any scientific data for FE nor for a spinning flying ball. I'm doing this to stop posting religious posts in DFT Dave's thread and to leave flat earth just another popular conspiracy in my Conspiracy Thread.

I think this is a great video for starting out the thread and I like this youtube channel and speaker.

I would prefer no scientific data for a globe but I realize I can't control that. Biblical evidence for a spherical moving earth is certainly welcome.

'The Gift of Looking Stupid' - Flat Earth & the Mark of the Beast...

https://youtu.be/fRgiPBxaMFs - Click on link for full screen. Sometimes clicking on the video cuts off half the screen. But the screen does not get cut off on you're on a phone.

13 minutes

Last edited by patrick jane; Today at 02:35 PM. Reason: The screen does not get cut off if you're on a phone
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Flat earth model (one possible depiction)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For the record, I find anyone who promotes Flat Earth Theory interesting. I do not know where you stand personally, Patrick, but here are my questions for those who hold to Flat Earth:

1.) How does one explain physics, as it requires curvature of the earth for correct computation?
    2.) How does one explain photos from space, from multiple country origins, depicting spherical planets, including earth?
    3.) What makes a ships topmast visually appear before the hull when breaching a horizon?
    4.) What obscures the sun/moon during certain hours?
    5.) What reason would anyone have for promoting spherical earth theory for centuries?
    7.) How does it relate in any capacity to Scripture?
    8.) Did you notice I skipped six?
    9.) Did you just go back and check to make sure?
    10.) Does flat earth vs spherical earth impact biblical events, in any significant way?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,217 Times in 26,522 Posts

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh boy!

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Scripture:

Joshua 10:12-13 KJV
    (12) Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
    (13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed,
    until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Is this possible for a spinning orbiting globe earth?
    With all the data you have on how a spinning orbiting globe earth functions, what would happen to earth if the sun and moon stood still for a day?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

jsanford108 (February 6th, 2018),patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At this moment it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

- by Robert Jastrow, God and the Astonomers

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 6th, 2018),patrick jane (February 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108 View Post

1.) How does one explain physics, as it requires curvature of the earth for correct computation?
    Says who?

2.) How does one explain photos from space, from multiple country origins, depicting spherical planets, including earth?
    The one's I've seen are simulated, manipulated, patched together by pieces, CGI (computer generated image), etc.
    None that I can confirm are real.

3.) What makes a ships topmast visually appear before the hull when breaching a horizon?
    So far away that the object blends with the surrounding waters. while the topper is the highest point away from the waters and does not blend in with the waters.

Moves too far away to be seen.

5.) What reason would anyone have for promoting spherical earth theory for centuries?
    The same reason evolution is pushed. ---- making an unsubstantiated guess without all the facts.

6.) The earth is flat.
    That's a possibility.

What is "it", a flat earth???
    A flat earth model appears to be what scripture portrays.

I fixed it.

No.

10.) Does flat earth vs spherical earth impact biblical events, in any significant way?
    I would say yes it does.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

jsanford108 (February 6th, 2018),patrick jane (February 6th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Scripture:

Joshua 10:12-13 KJV
    (12) Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
    (13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed,
    until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Is this possible for a spinning orbiting globe earth?
    With all the data you have on how a spinning orbiting globe earth functions, what would happen to earth if the sun and moon stood still for a day?
    I would say yes, as nothing is outside of God's power.

God could elongate a day with no negative ecological effects. One could easily apply a theory of relativity to this situation.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

Derf (February 6th, 2018),patrick jane (February 11th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At this moment it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

- by Robert Jastrow, God and the Astonomers
    I disagree. It is only the scientists who are in denial about the evidence of divine, intelligent design who are stumped and enjoying their preference of ignorance.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

For the record, I find anyone who promotes Flat Earth Theory interesting. I do not know where you stand personally, Patrick, but here are my questions for those who hold to Flat Earth:

Hello Js, I'm glad you see a little interest in this. There is another thread from DFT Dave for more scientific answers, videos, debate, data and pages of recent posts from yesterday that can answer some of your questions. I want this thread to be more Biblical if possible for evidence of both sides. I also have my Conspiracy thread with this topic going and lots of recent posts from The Berean, a satellite engineer and teacher of space mechanics. Have fun and thanks.

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Hello Js, I'm glad you see a little interest in this. There is another thread from DFT Dave for more scientific answers, videos, debate, data and pages of recent posts from yesterday that can answer some of your questions. I want this thread to be more Biblical if possible for evidence of both sides. I also have my Conspiracy thread with this topic going and lots of recent posts from The Berean, a satellite engineer and teacher of space mechanics. Have fun and thanks.
    I have seen that thread, but I find it to be full of mainly nuts. I will try and remain within the confines of what you desire for the thread.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

All good questions and let's all try to stick to the OP. For the purple question, that's why it WOULD be a conspiracy. Many say the Jesuits started the deception but other socities and factions are to blame together. If there is something beyond what we know on earth as accepted facts, there are many reasons to hide that, not the least of which is military. Everybody has heard of the NWO and it's roots go back to Kabbalism and the ancient mystery religions. To control the masses has always been the aim of many governments and powerful people. Some have a goal of leading others astray and to discredit the Bible. If you can discredit the creation and Genesis then you can destroy the faith of many.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

jsanford108 (February 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

SaulToPaul (February 8th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Says who?
    Basic level physics equations, laws, etc.

The one's I've seen are simulated, manipulated, patched together by pieces, CGI (computer generated image), etc.
    None that I can confirm are real.
    Any concrete evidence of that? It seems very conspiratorial to relegate every single image to the confines of being generated for promoting a falsehood.

And why would competing countries, such as Russia and the US in the Cold War, have agreed on such falsehood promotion?

So far away that the object blends with the surrounding waters. while the topper is the highest point away from the waters and does not blend in with the waters.
    Any physics equations, laws, facts, etc to demonstrate this?

Moves too far away to be seen.
    What are the visual limits to objects of such magnitude?

The same reason evolution is pushed. ---- making an unsubstantiated guess without all the facts.
    But what purpose does it serve to have a spherical earth?

What is "it", a flat earth???
    A flat earth model appears to be what scripture portrays.
    Yes, "it" is referring to a flat earth.

Could you provide a list of Scriptures that points, absolutely, to the earth being flat (meaning, lacking even the possibility of the earth being round)?

I would say yes it does.
    In what way does a spherical earth affect Scriptural events, significantly?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    All good questions and let's all try to stick to the OP. For the purple question, that's why it WOULD be a conspiracy.....

To control the masses has always been the aim of many governments and powerful people. Some have a goal of leading others astray and to discredit the Bible. If you can discredit the creation and Genesis then you can destroy the faith of many.
    But, would it not be impossible to discredit the Creation, since biological and archaeological evidence abounds?

Which leads to the question: How would a spherical earth benefit those in power, or those anti-theists?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jsanford108 For Your Post:

Thread Information