User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 165

Thread: The Abolishment of God's Law

  1. #76
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,190
    Thanks
    14,332
    Thanked 36,690 Times in 18,300 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147799
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I understand what he is saying. He is saying that the law has NOT been abolished for Christians. Is that what you believe?
    See, you don't understand what he is saying. You just think you do.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  3. #77
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,190
    Thanks
    14,332
    Thanked 36,690 Times in 18,300 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147799
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post

    He has perverted the truth. The law has been abolished for the Christian.
    How can we preach the Gospel to the lost without the law there to condemn them?

    Jesus has replaced the law. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law, Romans 10:4.
    Read the verse prior to that one. The Jews sought righteousness through law keeping....not submitting themselves to the righteousness of God. The gentiles did the same through their attempts to be moral according to their own consciences. Paul is saying those who believe now understand that righteousness does not come from their OWN EFFORTS...that is submitting to the righteousness of God.


    Romans 10:3
    3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

    The key to Romans 10:4 is the word "righteousness". You seem to ignore that part, which you can't do and be true to what the text is saying.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  5. #78
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing. When one is doing the law, they are doing their religion. When they are doing their religion they are doing the law. One might say that any religious thing that we do is a work of the law. The law either tells us to do something or not to do something. There are literally hundreds of commandments in the Bible. The law, which is the law of Moses, covers every facet of ones life. In the Old Testament era if you followed the law you were blessed. If you went against the law you were cursed. The Old Testament Jews were caught between the blessings and the cursing's.

    The word "Abolish" in the Greek Means, Abolish, cease, deliver, destroy, do away, put away, vanish away, make void. Source: Strong's Concordance, word #G2673.

    Salvation is being delivered from the law because we are sinners.

    "Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to them that are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped and the whole world will become guilty before God, Romans 3:19.

    We are all born into the world under the law and are guilty of breaking God's law, Romans 3:20. Also Romans 3:10. We need to be delivered from the law because the law brings judgment and condemnation.

    "By the deeds of the law there shall not be any flesh justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

    Beware of those who teach that the law has NOT been abolished and teach that you should observe the commandments. They are son's of hell and want you to become like them, Matthew 23:4. Christians are NOT under the law, nor are we subject to the law. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. To live by faith means to live by the Holy Spirit and not the letter of the law.

    "The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

    Here are some other scriptures related to Not being under the law.

    Ephesians 2:15.
    Colossians 2:14.
    Romans 3:19,20.
    Romans 7:1-7.
    Romans 6:14.
    Romans 8:2.
    Romans 10:4.
    Hebrews 7:18.
    Hebrews 12:27.
    Hebrews 10:1.
    Galatians 2:16.
    Galatians 3:24,25.
    Galatians 2:19.
    Galatians 3:10.
    Galatians 4:21.
    Galatians 5:18.
    2 Corinthians 3:6.
    2 Corinthians 3:13.
    Acts 13:39.
    1 Timothy 1:9.
    James 2:10.
    John 1:17.
    The old law gave works to do to purify oneself.

    That is now gone because those works were about Jesus and he purifies us.

    That doesn't mean you do not have to obey, it means you don't have to get circumcised and get an animal to sacrifice.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  6. #79
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,739
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354738
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    How can we preach the Gospel to the lost without the law there to condemn them?



    Read the verse prior to that one. The Jews sought righteousness through law keeping....not submitting themselves to the righteousness of God. The gentiles did the same through their attempts to be moral according to their own consciences. Paul is saying those who believe now understand that righteousness does not come from their OWN EFFORTS...that is submitting to the righteousness of God.


    Romans 10:3
    3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

    The key to Romans 10:4 is the word "righteousness". You seem to ignore that part, which you can't do and be true to what the text is saying.

    The righteousness of God is the law. If they would have submitted themselves to the law they would have found out that they were sinners.

    This is what Paul meant when he said, "wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith" Galatians 3:24.

    Now listen to this.

    "But after faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster" Galatians 3:25.

    The schoolmaster has been abolished for the Christian, but not for the unbeliever.

  7. #80
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,205 Times in 8,531 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147850
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The righteousness of God is the law.
    There you go, TOL-clueless. Walking in God's holy law, to 100% perfection, even if possible(and it is not)idiot, is just doing what is required-it is not the righteousness of God. The righteousness of God, is not only doing what is required, not doing this, that...but also doing everything right, not only in actions, but in "how you think, don't think"=the righteousness of God=thinking 100% as God does.

    Vs.

    Philippians 4 KJV
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

    Read it, Pate: not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law

    " but"=contrasts the each man/woman's own righteousness, which is of the law, with the righteousness of God, through the faith of Christ, by faith- "that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

    Romans 3:21 KJV

    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Read it-the righteousness of God without the law

    Watch the deceptive, humanism response, from Pate, and changing the argument.


    Watch.
    Last edited by john w; February 8th, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Saint John W

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  9. #81
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,739
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354738
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    There you go, TOL-clueless. Walking in God's holy law, to 100% perfection, even if possible(and it is not)idiot, is just doing what is required-it is not the righteousness of God. The righteousness of God, is not only doing what is required, not doing this, that...but also doing everything right, not only in actions, but in "how you think, don't think"=the righteousness of God=thinking 100% as God does.

    Vs.

    Philippians 4 KJV
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

    Read it, Pate: not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law

    " but"=contrasts the each man/woman's own righteousness, which is of the law, with the righteousness of God, through the faith of Christ, by faith- "that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

    Romans 3:21 KJV

    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Read it-the righteousness of God without the law[

    Watch the deceptive, humanism response, from Pate, and changing the argument.


    Watch.

    The trash talker is not even close to the truth.

    The law is the very nature and character of God. Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21.

    It was God's Holy Law, "The Schoolmaster" that brought us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Gal 3:25.

    The reason that we are no longer under the law is because "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules and laws. The Holy Spirit, not the law is our guide. Jesus has replaced the law by abolishing it, Ephesians 2:15.

    The law never did accomplish its purpose, this is why it has been done away, Hebrews 8:6, 7.

  10. #82
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,205 Times in 8,531 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147850
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The trash talker is not even close to the truth.

    The law is the very nature and character of God. Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21.

    As I predicted, deceit, from the dung man, spreading satanism, changing the argument.

    Again-There you go, TOL-clueless. Walking in God's holy law, to 100% perfection, even if possible(and it is not)idiot, is just doing what is required-it is not the righteousness of God. The righteousness of God, is not only doing what is required, not doing this, that...but also doing everything right, not only in actions, but in "how you think, don't think"=the righteousness of God=thinking 100% as God does.

    Vs.

    Philippians 4 KJV
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

    Read it, Pate: not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law

    " but"=contrasts the each man/woman's own righteousness, which is of the law, with the righteousness of God, through the faith of Christ, by faith- "that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

    Romans 3:21 KJV

    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Read it, devil boy-the righteousness of God without the law

    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Watch the deceptive, humanism response, from Pate, and changing the argument.

    Confirmed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    It was God's Holy Law, "The Schoolmaster" that brought us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Gal 3:25.

    As I predicted-he changes the subject, and uses a scripture, such as the above, to "prove" that the righteousness of God, is the law, because it brings others to Christ.

    No, it's not moron-that is your idiot "logic."

    Read it-
    Philippians 4 KJV
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

    Read it, Pate: not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law

    " but"=contrasts the each man/woman's own righteousness, which is of the law, with the righteousness of God, through the faith of Christ, by faith- "that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

    Romans 3:21 KJV

    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Read it, devil boy-the righteousness of God without the law


    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The reason that we are no longer under the law is because "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules and laws. The Holy Spirit, not the law is our guide.
    =changes the argument.


    Never said we were/are, you lying troll.


    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Jesus has replaced the law by abolishing it, Ephesians 2:15.
    No scripture says that, including Ephesians 2:15 KJV, as I, others, have shown you, you satanic liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law never did accomplish its purpose, this is why it has been done away, Hebrews 8:6, 7.
    Hebrews 8 says no such thing, you satanic liar.


    No scripture satanically asserts that God's holy law was abolished/destroyed/eliminated/vanished/replaced/done away with/replaced.


    Your father satan taught you that.

    Pate: US citizens are not under the law/jurisdiction of the laws of foreign countries, thus the laws of foreign countries are abolished/destroyed/eliminated/vanished/replaced/done away with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.


    Wolf. Satanic moron, who asserts, on record, that water baptism saves, as keeping God's holy law is the righteous of God, and water baptism, was/is one of the requirements of the law. Pate says the Saviour's water baptism, to fulfill righteousness, was imputed to him, for justification.


    On record.
    Saint John W

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  12. #83
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,739
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354738
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    As I predicted, deceit, from the dung man, spreading satanism, changing the argument.

    Again-There you go, TOL-clueless. Walking in God's holy law, to 100% perfection, even if possible(and it is not)idiot, is just doing what is required-it is not the righteousness of God. The righteousness of God, is not only doing what is required, not doing this, that...but also doing everything right, not only in actions, but in "how you think, don't think"=the righteousness of God=thinking 100% as God does.

    Vs.

    Philippians 4 KJV
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

    Read it, Pate: not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law

    " but"=contrasts the each man/woman's own righteousness, which is of the law, with the righteousness of God, through the faith of Christ, by faith- "that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

    Romans 3:21 KJV

    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Read it, devil boy-the righteousness of God without the law




    Confirmed:



    As I predicted-he changes the subject, and uses a scripture, such as the above, to "prove" that the righteousness of God, is the law, because it brings others to Christ.

    No, it's not moron-that is your idiot "logic."

    Read it-
    Philippians 4 KJV
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

    Read it, Pate: not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law

    " but"=contrasts the each man/woman's own righteousness, which is of the law, with the righteousness of God, through the faith of Christ, by faith- "that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:"

    Romans 3:21 KJV

    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    Read it, devil boy-the righteousness of God without the law




    =changes the argument.


    Never said we were/are, you lying troll.




    No scripture says that, including Ephesians 2:15 KJV, as I, others, have shown you, you satanic liar.


    Hebrews 8 says no such thing, you satanic liar.


    No scripture satanically asserts that God's holy law was abolished/destroyed/eliminated/vanished/replaced/done away with/replaced.


    Your father satan taught you that.

    Pate: US citizens are not under the law/jurisdiction of the laws of foreign countries, thus the laws of foreign countries are abolished/destroyed/eliminated/vanished/replaced/done away with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.


    Wolf. Satanic moron, who asserts, on record, that water baptism saves, as keeping God's holy law is the righteous of God, and water baptism, was/is one of the requirements of the law. Pate says the Saviour's water baptism, to fulfill righteousness, was imputed to him, for justification.


    On record.

    The trash talker is also a liar. I never said that baptism saves.

    If you want to know the truth read the scriptures. Don't listen to heretics.

    The scripture plainly says,

    "Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

    I have better things to do than to listen to this trash talker, see you tomorrow.

  13. #84
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,190
    Thanks
    14,332
    Thanked 36,690 Times in 18,300 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147799
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post

    The law never did accomplish its purpose, this is why it has been done away, Hebrews 8:6, 7.
    Well, let's look at that.


    The PURPOSE of the Law.

    1. To show men their sin and shut every mouth...."that all the world may become guilty before God." Romans 3:19KJV

    2. To "bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by FAITH". Galatians 3:24


    Of course the law accomplishes it's purpose.
    It's purpose is accomplished every single time a sinner hears the Gospel and believes.

    Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  15. #85
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,205 Times in 8,531 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147850
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The trash talker is also a liar. I never said that baptism saves.

    If you want to know the truth read the scriptures. Don't listen to heretics.

    The scripture plainly says,

    "Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

    I have better things to do than to listen to this trash talker, see you tomorrow.
    Yes it does, but your satanic "interpretation," that it means that the God's holy law has been destroyed/abolished/made void/eliminated/no longer exists/replaced/has vanished, is from your daddy devil, as he taught you that, demon, not the LORD God.


    And when any poser, like Pate, employs the tired "clencher" "plainly," it means the opposite.

    The scripture "plainly" refutes your satanic assessment, "interpretation."


    So there.
    Last edited by john w; February 9th, 2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Saint John W

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  17. #86
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,205 Times in 8,531 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147850
    delete
    Saint John W

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  19. #87
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12,205 Times in 8,531 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147850
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Well, let's look at that.


    The PURPOSE of the Law.

    1. To show men their sin and shut every mouth...."that all the world may become guilty before God." Romans 3:19KJV

    2. To "bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by FAITH". Galatians 3:24


    Of course the law accomplishes it's purpose.
    It's purpose is accomplished every single time a sinner hears the Gospel and believes.

    Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
    Yes, d of g-Pate asserts that the laws was destroyed/made void-on record. No scripture says that.
    Saint John W

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 8th, 2018),Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  21. #88
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,190
    Thanks
    14,332
    Thanked 36,690 Times in 18,300 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147799
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Yes, d of g-Pate asserts that the laws was destroyed/made void-on record. No scripture says that.
    Pate's just donkeyed down. That's what you get for being mean, John W.

    Too bad you can't be nice and sweet like me.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 9th, 2018)

  23. #89
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,739
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354738
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Yes, d of g-Pate asserts that the laws was destroyed/made void-on record. No scripture says that.
    Of course it does. The trash talker is so blind that he cant read it.

    A New Covenant he has made, the first old (law of Moses) Now that which is decaying and waxing old is ready to vanish away" Hebrews 8:13.

  24. #90
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,739
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,449 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354738
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Yes it does, but your satanic "interpretation," that it means that the God's holy law has been destroyed/abolished/made void/eliminated/no longer exists/replaced/has vanished, is from your daddy devil, as he taught you that, demon, not the LORD God.


    And one any poser, like Pate, employs the tired "clencher" "plainly," it means the opposite.

    The scripture "plainly" refutes your satanic assessment, "interpretation."


    So there.
    So there, you have gone against the scripture. "Christ is THE END of the law" Romans 10:4.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us