Thanked 16,568 Times in 13,014 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Layla View Post
    "Half breed" really?
    You'll have to forgive ol' intojoyboy. He's too high strung. He can't control his verbage and gets banned a bit. He's also a half breed himself, I think.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 15th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (February 15th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this place being fairly loose on the moderation but I don't know how just spamming about whatever random topic you feel like in any thread is fine. Why even have thread titles, lol.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Layla For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (February 15th, 2018),Rusha (February 15th, 2018)

Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 1,097 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Layla View Post
    I remember this place being fairly loose on the moderation but I don't know how just spamming about whatever random topic you feel like in any thread is fine. Why even have thread titles, lol.
    Morphing is allowed here.

Thanks
    Thanked 45,892 Times in 28,223 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is a piece of garbage.
    Written by a female rabbi accusing GOD of making Eve the first "Me Too" victim.

The time has come for me to step forward, too. It’s time we all acknowledge an overwhelmingly powerful source of shame and silence — in the bible.
    The story that begins the bible, the first one that we learn in Sunday school, the founding story of man and woman upheld for thousands of years by Judeo-Christian religion, is actually the story of the first sexual assault of a woman. The woman’s name is Eve. And the perpetrator? God.

I want you to think about this. Here is a young, beautiful, intelligent, naked woman living in a state of Grace. She’s hungry, so she does the most natural thing in the world and eats a piece of fruit. For following her instincts, trusting herself, and nourishing her body, she is punished. Her punishment? She will never again feel safe in her nakedness. She will never again love her body. She will never again know her body as a place of sacred sovereignty.

“What have you done?” He God thunders. Eve wants to defend herself, but she is too ashamed to speak. Eve, our first mother whose name means the “mother of all living things,” is silenced, much the way the “patients” of Dr. Nassar were.

This God, this man-made figurehead of the patriarchy, is not my God. He is a fiction, a man-made myth, but yet one so powerful that it’s poisoned and limited our notion of what GOD, the truly divine, is and can be, especially for women. It’s time for the one truly loving, compassionate God — the God who wants nothing more than to see Eve to rise and resume her place as “the Mother of All Living Things — to make herself seen, known, and available to all of us. The God I believe in is all loving. God is a Divine source of life and healing, not shame and abandonment.

I know that at this very moment in time, Eve is with us and she is awed and proud that we are finally finding our voices, one at time, and then hundreds, and thousands at a time. She, who was lost to us so long ago, is actually here with us now, marching in the streets, testifying, raising her voice, at last.

Just listen…

Eve, our blessed mother, is saying, “#Metoo.”

- byTamara Kolton, author of Oranges for Eve: Walking The Way of the Divine Feminine.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 15th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (February 15th, 2018),JudgeRightly (February 15th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    This is a piece of garbage.
    Written by a female rabbi accusing GOD of making Eve the first "Me Too" victim.

The time has come for me to step forward, too. It’s time we all acknowledge an overwhelmingly powerful source of shame and silence — in the bible.
    The story that begins the bible, the first one that we learn in Sunday school, the founding story of man and woman upheld for thousands of years by Judeo-Christian religion, is actually the story of the first sexual assault of a woman. The woman’s name is Eve. And the perpetrator? God.

I want you to think about this. Here is a young, beautiful, intelligent, naked woman living in a state of Grace. She’s hungry, so she does the most natural thing in the world and eats a piece of fruit. For following her instincts, trusting herself, and nourishing her body, she is punished. Her punishment? She will never again feel safe in her nakedness. She will never again love her body. She will never again know her body as a place of sacred sovereignty.

“What have you done?” He God thunders. Eve wants to defend herself, but she is too ashamed to speak. Eve, our first mother whose name means the “mother of all living things,” is silenced, much the way the “patients” of Dr. Nassar were.

This God, this man-made figurehead of the patriarchy, is not my God. He is a fiction, a man-made myth, but yet one so powerful that it’s poisoned and limited our notion of what GOD, the truly divine, is and can be, especially for women. It’s time for the one truly loving, compassionate God — the God who wants nothing more than to see Eve to rise and resume her place as “the Mother of All Living Things — to make herself seen, known, and available to all of us. The God I believe in is all loving. God is a Divine source of life and healing, not shame and abandonment.

I know that at this very moment in time, Eve is with us and she is awed and proud that we are finally finding our voices, one at time, and then hundreds, and thousands at a time. She, who was lost to us so long ago, is actually here with us now, marching in the streets, testifying, raising her voice, at last.

Just listen…

Eve, our blessed mother, is saying, “#Metoo.”

- byTamara Kolton, author of Oranges for Eve: Walking The Way of the Divine Feminine.
    I agree, Tambora, that essay is pure nonsense. This woman is a "rabbi"? I didn't know women could be Jewish rabbi's. But, anyhow, the Bible is clear that God told Adam and Eve they can eat FROM ANY GREEN PLANT except for one tree.

Genesis 1:29-30
    29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Berean For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (February 15th, 2018),Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    I agree, Tambora, that essay is pure nonsense. This woman is a "rabbi"? I didn't know women could be Jewish rabbi's. But, anyhow, the Bible is clear that God told Adam and Eve they can eat FROM ANY GREEN PLANT except for one tree.

Genesis 1:29-30
    29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
    I know!
    How stupid to say that Eve ate because she was hungry.

I hate the women's movement and wish they would just shut their stupid pie holes.
    They can never make up their minds if they want to run with men or be the perpetual victim of men.
    Heck, I'm a woman and I'm sick to death of hearing them groan about every little thing.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 15th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (February 17th, 2018),JudgeRightly (February 16th, 2018)

Over 4000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd say a False form of Feminism ruined women. Authentic feminism, as God intended it, is a good thing.

"God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,471 Times in 21,901 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    I know!
    How stupid to say that Eve ate because she was hungry.

I hate the women's movement and wish they would just shut their stupid pie holes.
    They can never make up their minds if they want to run with men or be the perpetual victim of men.
    Heck, I'm a woman and I'm sick to death of hearing them groan about every little thing.

Yep.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (February 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    i'd say a False form of Feminism ruined women. Authentic feminism, as God intended it, is a good thing.
    "Authentic Feminism"

I like that term!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

CatholicCrusader (February 18th, 2018),glorydaz (February 17th, 2018)

Thread Information